View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Bishop was brought back so that Jean can carry him moving forward and so he can be easily be forgiven with out having to explain how and why. So that Jean may have a random relationship and Scott to win her back at the end with no one looking bad. Bishop and Jean will last 5 or 6 months tops. Right now Bishop is the center of attention of one AU book and Jean a supporting character.

Scott and Emma where not having sex, he was removing his clothes and she was fully dressed. A affair doesn't have to evolve sex, such as Jean and Logan before Emma and Scott.
    Bishop doesn't need to be carried by Jean, he's has a strong fan base behind him, people who want to see a strong black male succeed as an X-man. Jean does nothing for him in that regard. Also I guess putting Emma with Scott was done so he could carry her, I mean it's only through her relationship with him that she became as big as she did, well that and killing off Jean and getting rid of every other x-woman. And Bishop doesn't need forgivness, those people who he killed no longer exists, as the future timelines are no more and he and Hope have reached an understanding. All this hate cause Jean is/will be in a relationship with a black man. I actually want Scott and Emma to get back together, they can form a new Hellions team run the HFC together.

BANNED

Emma is better with Banshee anyawys

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They were already together. If I take it as build up, people will need to let Bishop and Jean develop before crapping on it
    You're half-right - build-up is important for a relationship, but while it wasn't complete, Scemma did have build-up at least from Emma's perspective. Whedon's run fleshed that out more, and affirmed Scott's feelings. Bishop and Jean's relationship in AoXM shouldn't be judged exactly the same because it's in an AU - but if it makes it's way to the main MU, then it'll be open to these criticisms.

Tell me what person thought Emma and Scott had any hints or possibility before Morrison's run? If someone says yes, it is lying. They were complete strangers, Bishop and Jean were teammates and shared good moments.
    Bishop/Jean already on a step ahead than Scott/Emma on the beggining of Morrison run. There is alot ot build up to be made. I don't think people will need to worry, because marvel gonna pull the pllug on it because of so much whining.

what was the build up? it was basically Cyclops bashing his wife to Emma and then making sex with Emma dressed as dark phoenix. There was zero romance.
    There's certainly a pre-existing working relationship between Jean and Bishop - I can't say if it was friendship - but we're talking about romantic build-up. Jean and Bishop had no serious work done before AoXM.

It's unfortunate that Marvel has allowed this absurd web of relationships to get this bloated - but if Emma is gonna find her way onto an X-team I'd rather this all get resolved quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Emma is better with Banshee anyawys
    Agree. But there isn't a way for it happen without fans hating it. It's Scott or nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    You're half-right - build-up is important for a relationship, but while it wasn't complete, Scemma did have build-up at least from Emma's perspective. Whedon's run fleshed that out more, and affirmed Scott's feelings. Bishop and Jean's relationship in AoXM shouldn't be judged exactly the same because it's in an AU - but if it makes it's way to the main MU, then it'll be open to these criticisms.
    I never really saw that build up from Emma perspective. Morrison is pretty bad with romances in general.

even if bishop/Jean make it to 616, people will need to give it the same number of issues that Scemma had, and it wasn't few issues to reach Whedon run.

There's certainly a pre-existing working relationship between Jean and Bishop - I can't say if it was friendship - but we're talking about romantic build-up. Jean and Bishop had no serious work done before AoXM.

It's unfortunate that Marvel has allowed this absurd web of relationships to get this bloated - but if Emma is gonna find her way onto an X-team I'd rather this all get resolved quickly.
    it still is more build than Emma/Scott, that weren't even acquaintances then fell in love. People can't say it came from nowhere.BTW I wish something was hinted before the AOX

Marvel wanted to screwe up their old relationship to build new shiny ones. That was a shot on their feet
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-19-2019 at 12:15 PM.

What a build up means then?

Already started wrong. Bishop has been already forgiven. You might be projecting Scott and Emma there, that everyone had to accept Emma as hero because of Scott.
    Jean isn't a supporting character, since she is on a team book

they were having psychic sex, that is basically sex. Jean and Logan never had a affair

I remember many times Emma being mean for the sake of being mean, unprovoked
    Please show me the story arc or book where what Bishop did was addressed and his redemption too? And no the I am sorry hope, because that was made so they can put him with Jean.

Your view on affairs are so low and high at the same time.

Agree. But there isn't a way for it happen without fans hating it. It's Scott or nothing
    Why does it have to be a relationship with Scott at all? Emma and Scott could talk to each other and just decide that things have become too complicated for them to have a relationship again and just decide to work together and nothing more.

I don't get why it has to be any of these ships at all, give the ships a break and just let the characters breath and grow for a bit.
    - I don't need Emma and Scott in a relationship to read an X-book with them both in it.
    - I don't need Jean and Scott in a relationship to read an X-book with them both in it.
    - I don't need Jean and Emma to be romantic rivals to read an X-book with them both in it.

I know comics are kind of soapy and romantic entanglements are bound to start at some point, so mix it up a bit, Jean and Bishop, Logan and Scott (I would read it), Emma and Alex, etc... It doesn't have to be the same as before and it doesn't have to be predictable, it can be something completely different for all three characters. Characters should be allowed to grow.

I liked Scott and Emma together, I thought they were an awesome X-Men power couple and they had an interesting dynamic. But even though I liked them together I am still going to read the comics even if Emma, Scott, and Jean just work together and don't have any romantic entanglement for a while.

I have a pretty simple list of things I would love to see:
    1. Emma being a teacher again (Emma please use your money to rebuild the Xavier school or the Massachusetts Academy, either one is fine with me).
    2. Scott and Jean actually having a real ongoing relationship with Cable and Rachel that is positive for once. I would love to see them get a 5 issue miniseries where they end up having to do something together.
    3. Emma back as an active X-Man member or X-Man ally/teacher.
    4. Emma and Jean actually working things out to the point they can have a working relationship and maybe even be on the same team.

I actually don't care if Emma and Scott end up on the same book, I would prefer Emma and Jean, or Emma and Storm first.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Bishop doesn't need to be carried by Jean, he's has a strong fan base behind him, people who want to see a strong black male succeed as an X-man. Jean does nothing for him in that regard. Also I guess putting Emma with Scott was done so he could carry her, I mean it's only through her relationship with him that she became as big as she did, well that and killing off Jean and getting rid of every other x-woman. And Bishop doesn't need forgivness, those people who he killed no longer exists, as the future timelines are no more and he and Hope have reached an understanding. All this hate cause Jean is/will be in a relationship with a black man. I actually want Scott and Emma to get back together, they can form a new Hellions team run the HFC together.
    Please leave race out of this because I am up to giving a story to minorities but also address the wrong a character did.
    He had to ask Hope for forgiveness so they can get him with Jean. He might have a fan base but nothing compared to Jean. He was brought out of the blue and made to be in a relationship with the Jean how is that not being carry? And Just like Bishop Emma had her fan base. Just because they don't exist doesn't make it okay what he did. He stilled killed them.
    Last edited by DianaWw; 02-19-2019 at 12:19 PM.

I think that's asking a lot. It's a safe bet that Marvel milks every last ounce of dramatic conflict they can out of the triangle, or square or pentagon or whatever it is now.

I understand why some fans want Emma out of the X-books simply to avoid this situation. She has very little to gain on paper from being tossed back into this mess. I really only have one primary concerns when it comes to Emma in all this.

I'm concerned that she becomes a consolation prize for Scott if things fall through with Jean. This would be even worse than Emma living under Jean's shadow like she has pretty much since the beginning of their relationship. At least before, with Jean gone, Emma could pretend that she was first in Scott's life. With her back and Scott striking out in that regard, nursing a broken heart, the reality will be in her face. The worst part is that I think Emma would take what she could get with him. It's sad and terribly undervalues her. Emma deserves to be with someone as invested in her as she is in them, and that will never happen with Scott.

Scott's been crazy for Jean far too long to ever really love anyone else with that kind of intensity. I don't think that's the case with Emma. Scott may have awoken those feelings in her for the first time, but their story is a lot different. They aren't tied together nearly as tight. I'd like to think that Emma can realistically move on. It shouldn't happen all at once but Emma needs to take a deep breath and recognize that Scott's a dead end for her because he can't ever fully reciprocate her feelings. The only way to truly unravel this triangle is to start taking it apart piece by piece. She's already grieved him and started to recover. Give her time. Let her develop some kind of friendship with Scott that's platonic. They're still an excellent team and have very similar goals. They will always care for each other. Lean into that and let the romantic elements drift away slowly until Emma realizes that she can be open to other options and those options can be good.

This could be the start of Emma developing towards a more emotionally mature woman who learns to accept reality. We've seen the opposite with her for a long time. She lusts after another girls man, so she goes after him. She tries to force Scott to move on from Jean, but can't accept he never will. Said man dies and she tries to cheat death by forcing his psyche into his younger self. Enough already. Time to grow up Emma. Use some of that laser sharp logic and discernment on yourself for once. If she can do that, I think she can survive the dramatic hurricane that will inevitably always swirl around Scott and Jean. If Marvel let's her anyway.

Every ship has fans like that, it isn't unique to Scemma.

I never really saw that build up from Emma perspective. Morrison is pretty bad with romances in general.

even if bishop/Jean make it to 616, people will need to give it the same number of issues that Scemma had, and it wasn't few issues to reach Whedon run.
    It's perfectly fine to think of it as poorly written but the narrative is clear.

Jean and Bishop is different because their relationship is contained in an AU right now - if it were to make it to the main MU there would be no build-up or development other than the AU and that opens up it's own bag of issues.

it still is more build than Emma/Scott, that weren't even acquaintances then fell in love. People can't say it came from nowhere.BTW I wish something was hinted before the AOX

Marvel wanted to screwe up their old relationship to build new shiny ones. That was a shot on their feet
    Yeah, you have a point here, Jean and Bishop have a more amicable pre-existing relationship than Scott and Emma had. I think it's fair to say that Scemma came out of nowhere, but that doesn't change the fact that Morrison showed Emma's development. Whedon picked up the baton and affirmed Scott's feelings.

All this simply proves that sometimes Marvel is their own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Why does it have to be a relationship with Scott at all? Emma and Scott could talk to each other and just decide that things have become too complicated for them to have a relationship again and just decide to work together and nothing more.

I don't get why it has to be any of these ships at all, give the ships a break and just let the characters breath and grow for a bit.
    - I don't need Emma and Scott in a relationship to read an X-book with them both in it.
    - I don't need Jean and Scott in a relationship to read an X-book with them both in it.
    - I don't need Jean and Emma to be romantic rivals to read an X-book with them both in it.

I know comics are kind of soapy and romantic entanglements are bound to start at some point, so mix it up a bit, Jean and Bishop, Logan and Scott (I would read it), Emma and Alex, etc... It doesn't have to be the same as before and it doesn't have to be predictable, it can be something completely different for all three characters. Characters should be allowed to grow.

I liked Scott and Emma together, I thought they were an awesome X-Men power couple and they had an interesting dynamic. But even though I liked them together I am still going to read the comics even if Emma, Scott, and Jean just work together and don't have any romantic entanglement for a while.

I have a pretty simple list of things I would love to see:
    1. Emma being a teacher again (Emma please use your money to rebuild the Xavier school or the Massachusetts Academy, either one is fine with me).
    2. Scott and Jean actually having a real ongoing relationship with Cable and Rachel that is positive for once. I would love to see them get a 5 issue miniseries where they end up having to do something together.
    3. Emma back as an active X-Man member or X-Man ally/teacher.
    4. Emma and Jean actually working things out to the point they can have a working relationship and maybe even be on the same team.

I actually don't care if Emma and Scott end up on the same book, I would prefer Emma and Jean, or Emma and Storm first.
    Marvel pushed Scemma pretty hard for almost a decade. the relationship ended in 2012 and Emma still didn't had a new relationship or even got over it.

I can't blame fans if they aren't going to let it go so easy. Also dating Scott put you right in the top, dating Banshee no. Fans doesn't want to lose status either

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    This kind of talk needs to stop. It is exactly why people don't take actual allegations of racism as seriously as they should. People aren't unhappy with Jean getting with Bishop because he's black. They're pissed because it's forcing her into a relationship with no real history behind it just to have her in one.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    This kind of talk needs to stop. It is exactly why people don't take actual allegations of racism as seriously as they should. People aren't unhappy with Jean getting with Bishop because he's black. They're pissed because it's forcing her into a relationship with no real history behind it just to have her in one.
    Like every couple that start dating on comics

Jean and Scott pinned away for years before admitting their feelings. It took years more to see there first on panel kiss and even more years before they consummated their relationship. That's several dozens of issues that occurred between the moment it was clear to the reader they had feelings for each other, and them being intimate, even more if you consider X-Factor was actually the first time for real. It took Jean and Bishop one issue. One issue!

Do you see the difference?

That aside, this discussion is getting way off topic. There are other threads that already deal with this debate in detail.

Gambit and his Wife just laughed at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Jean and Scott pinned away for years before admitting their feelings. It took years more to see there first on panel kiss and even more years before they consummated their relationship. That's several dozens of issues that occurred between the moment it was clear to the reader they had feelings for each other, and them being intimate, even more if you consider X-Factor was actually the first time for real. It took Jean and Bishop one issue. One issue!

Do you see the difference?

That aside, this discussion is getting way off topic. There are other threads that already deal with this debate in detail.
    Jean and Scott is a special case, it was a very slow burn. Jean/Bishop barely started

Every ship has fans like that, it isn't unique to Scemma.
    normal fans not letting it go of what they liked
    It's perfectly fine to think of it as poorly written but the narrative is clear.

Jean and Bishop is different because their relationship is contained in an AU right now - if it were to make it to the main MU there would be no build-up or development other than the AU and that opens up it's own bag of issues.
    There was a big difference on what Morrison wanted and what he wrote. reading the comic without his interviews leave a different interpretation.

Yeah, you have a point here, Jean and Bishop have a more amicable pre-existing relationship than Scott and Emma had. I think it's fair to say that Scemma came out of nowhere, but that doesn't change the fact that Morrison showed Emma's development. Whedon picked up the baton and affirmed Scott's feelings.

All this simply proves that sometimes Marvel is their own worst enemy.
    Jean and Bishop may or not get there. It is crazy compare one things that had all development like Scemma and with Bishop that barely started

90% of Marvel problems were created by theirselves. 10% is DC doing something good on their comics

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Gambit and his Wife just laughed at this.
    they didn't know each other when started dating
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-19-2019 at 02:36 PM.