View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Emma Frost: Do you want her back on the X-Men?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Not really. I like her being a woman that learns, accepts, and never looks back.

Depends. It isn't going to happen under the current editorial board, since we're all back in the year of 1991, where Emma and Magneto are cartoonishly stupid Captain Planet villains.

I would like to see it, but it would have to handled correctly.

I want her to start her own X-Men. With blackjack and hookers

LOL dumb question.

The leadership and perspective of the White Queen is the best thing to happen to the X-Men's second chapter.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I think she adds a unique characterization and form of leadership/view to the X-men. Unfortunately, I'm not sure current Marvel would handle her properly or respectfully enough.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I think her new status quo after the X-Men Black one-shot is far more interesting than her being an X-Man IMO.

Mighty Member

If she is not made the focus or put in a leadership position then sure. Although I was never sure why she was ever considered a leader in the first place. My main problem with Emma is how other characters (mostly X-men) are written down in order to prop her up, they are constantly manipulated and made fools of by her and she is never on the receiving end. If that mentality to write Emma as a badass at the expense of the other X-men can be avoided then she can find a place with the team again. Also no to Leah Williams writing a x-book.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    If she is not made the focus or put in a leadership position then sure. Although I was never sure why she was ever considered a leader in the first place. My main problem with Emma is how other characters (mostly X-men) are written down in order to prop her up, they are constantly manipulated and made fools of by her and she is never on the receiving end. If that mentality to write Emma as a badass at the expense of the other X-men can be avoided then she can find a place with the team again. Also no to Leah Williams writing a x-book.
    I've read Emma's entire history and I don't recall that... at all...

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I do. Maybe not as a full time member, but I think it'd be fun to see her and Jean and Scott and Logan interact.

No, I think Emma will work better doing her own things and not being watered downs by the x-men.

Maybe eventually she can join for some missions

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't like Emma but it's really curious and somewhat tragic to see how a character can be on the front for so long and then suddenly disappear.
    From being super important to not being able to be on in any X-book.
    Life can have some drastic twists.

Sooner or later someone will find the way to bring her back to the x-men but at the moment it probably isn't the best thing to do.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-02-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Depends. It isn't going to happen under the current editorial board, since we're all back in the year of 1991, where Emma and Magneto are cartoonishly stupid Captain Planet villains.

I would like to see it, but it would have to handled correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I think she adds a unique characterization and form of leadership/view to the X-men. Unfortunately, I'm not sure current Marvel would handle her properly or respectfully enough.
    These are exactly the reasons I want to see her back. She can add a counterpoint to Jean, Scott and Ororo's various takes on Xavier's vision.

I think the timing is right. She's come out of her spiral. She should be able to function with Scott just fine. Her and Jean's ghost buried the hatchet in the Jeen solo so there shouldn't be a ton of issues there to deal with either. I assume Jean remembers that. Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    These are exactly the reasons I want to see her back. She can add a counterpoint to Jean, Scott and Ororo's various takes on Xavier's vision.

I think the timing is right. She's come out of her spiral. She should be able to function with Scott just fine. [b]Her and Jean's ghost buried the hatchet in the Jeen solo so there shouldn't be a ton of issues there to deal with either. I assume Jean remembers that. Can anyone confirm?[/n]
    No and no, no writer referenced the Jeen solo. I

Yes. Or at least in a substantive, frequently occurring supporting/antagonistic (but not out-and-out villainous) role. Emma is one of my favorite X-characters.