View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    She seems to be Emma's biggest fan, wouldn't Leah writting Emma be a good thing for the character?
    That really worked wonders for Kitty with Guggemheim. (it didn't, it was crappy)

Not a good idea, editorial would have to heavy edit the book and that isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    William's won't even have to try to top the vast majority of stuff written about Emma, honestly. Having her take over the HC is in and of itself more positive and triumphant than anything else that's happened to the character since...before Morrison himself?
    Definately. it shows more personality than what she did for a decade

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Maybe if you stopped paying attention to the character after 1987...
    PsychoEFrost, did you read Purple Daughter? I loved her portrayal in that, I bought the digital comic and wow Emma was really great in it. Jessica thought that Emma was helping her reluctantly but even when it was all just about a favor at the beginning Emma was still "are you sure you don't want me to come with you and help?". Haha, and when Emma shows up in the 2nd chapter standing beside Jessica all badass against the Purple Children, I thought that was awesome.

I kind of want Emma as a recurring character in JJ now, because the JJ writer Kelly Thompson seems to actually like Emma.

Purple Daughter is just a 3 issue mini-series, it's a deluxe book with 2 chapters in each book. Emma's first appearance is in Issue #2, Chapter 2, and she returns in Chapter 3. Since it ends on a cliffhanger Emma should be showing up in the last issue as well.
    https://comicstore.marvel.com/Jessic...-series/121277

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That really worked wonders for Kitty with Guggemheim. (it didn't, it was crappy)

Not a good idea, editorial would have to heavy edit the book and that isn't good.
    It could work, as long as they are A) not a bad writer, and B) able to separate their bias towards the character. Guggenheim was neither.

Gerry Conway was a fan of Spider-Man before he started working in the characther and he is among the best writers for the characther, so it isn't necesarely a bad thing. It comes with his own set of dangers for sure but that's true for any creative team.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Gerry Conway was a fan of Spider-Man before he started working in the characther and he is among the best writers for the characther, so it isn't necesarely a bad thing. It comes with his own set of dangers for sure but that's true for any creative team.
    Almost all writers are fans of the characters. But Leah really takes i tto another level

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Almost all writers are fans of the characters. But Leah really takes i tto another level
    Leah has written Emma once and it was superb. All the evidence points to the contrary.

BANNED

Kill her or something. Free the X-men of her annoyance. Such a overrated and empty character has had way more exposure and stories than it deserved.

Make her a villain for Jean to beat or just kill Emma. Not more Emma on the X-men. It was never her place, even after more than a decade of forcing her to be one, she never belonged.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Leah has written Emma once and it was superb.
    not really

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    not really
    Yes really it was also the best selling X-Men Black issue and was launched at the end of the month.

BANNED

it was best selling because it had that Hughes variant and blessed with based Bachalo art, the writing was not good

it was best selling because it had that Hughes variant and blessed with based Bachalo art, the writing was not good
    Magneto had Claremont and the same amount of variants. The writing was superb. And once again the last issue of the series launched at the end of the month. And the best selling. Additionally, widely reviewed positively

BANNED

who cares about modern Claremont? Leah's writing is nothing to write home about whatsoever and she did not take Emma in a good direction at all. Hughes' variants sell consistently excellent for decades and Bachalo is one of the most renowned X-artists ever.

who cares about modern Claremont? Leah's writing is nothing to write home about whatsoever and she did not take Emma in a good direction at all. Hughes' variants sell consistently excellent for decades and Bachalo is one of the most renowned X-artists ever.
    A lot of people especially since Magneto was the most promoted issue. She took Emma in the best direction she was allowed to. She practically brought her back from moustache twirling idiot to ally. The skeleton is there for any writer to continue with.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    A lot of people especially since Magneto was the most promoted issue. She took Emma in the best direction she was allowed to. She practically brought her back from moustache twirling idiot to ally. The skeleton is there for any writer to continue with.
    Williams put a lot of faith in editorial to build on what she created. Everyone is just crossing their fingers that they'll treat it right.

Williams did an excellent job considering how hamstrung she was by editorial.