View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

At the end of blue Tyke was more understanding of Emma, He was just mad like anyone would be that she didn't tell him, left him out of it. Adult Scott would understand why because he also has his memories not just the younger ones.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma gonna be pissed if Scott rejects her because he want to get back to Jean
    Not really. She understood a while ago that no matter what she did, she would never mean as much to Scott as Jean does. It pisses her off, it makes her sad, but she knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not really. She understood a while ago that no matter what she did, she would never mean as much to Scott as Jean does. It pisses her off, it makes her sad, but she knows it.
    That's funny, knowing this also pisses me off and makes me sad.

That is what I wrote.

But it all happened with Jean dead, now it will be different

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That's funny, knowing this also pisses me off and makes me sad.
    Art imitating life. We can't choose who we fall for either. I wonder if Emma could stop loving Scott by force of will, if she'd do it. At first I was thinking yes. Now I'm thinking no. As bad a deal as it is, I think Emma's actually better off caring for someone in her life other than herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Art imitating life. We can't choose who we fall for either. I wonder if Emma could stop loving Scott by force of will, if she'd do it. At first I was thinking yes. Now I'm thinking no. As bad a deal as it is, I think Emma's actually better off caring for someone in her life other than herself.
    Exalted introduced an AU Emma that did eventually give up her feelings for Scott, although it seemingly took transcendence into godhood to do it. Although, her Scott was gone...

Exalted introduced an AU Emma that did eventually give up her feelings for Scott, although it seemingly took transcendence into godhood to do it. Although, her Scott was gone...
    Which AU?. I find it hard to believe she'll make that leap anytime soon in the 616, because despite that hard exterior, Emma has a super soft, gooey center. Much softer I think than most of the senior X-Men.

Which AU?. I find it hard to believe she'll make that leap anytime soon in the 616, because despite that hard exterior, Emma has a super soft, gooey center. Much softer I think than most of the senior X-Men.
    I think he means the Astonishing Xmen arc by Pak.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Emmaline Frost, from Earth-889, leader of the X-Society which consisted of herself, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Beast. She accepted Scott’s marriage proposal after the team suffered a big loss and something about her “bohemian years” coming to an end. At some point her Scott seemingly accepted Savior’s, an Xavier from yet another AU, proposal to sacrifice himself to stabilize and save Savior’s world. After helping take down Savior in the “Exalted” arc of Astonishing X-Men, she joins Dazzler’s X-Treme X-Men where she encounters some “divine” X-Men who offer the team the same status - only it would cost them their human emotions. Emmaline seemingly accepts the offer and leaves the team precisely because of that cost, apparently unable to come to terms with her grief over her Scott’s death.

I want Marvel to start treating Emma with some more respect in-universe - but it's more important to me that Scott is in her corner if the other X-Men aren't going to be. If Marvel makes Scott trash-talk her, I'll drop the book.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 02-15-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Emmaline Frost, from Earth-889, leader of the X-Society which consisted of herself, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Beast. She accepted Scott’s marriage proposal after the team suffered a big loss and something about her “bohemian years” coming to an end. At some point her Scott seemingly accepted Savior’s, an Xavier from yet another AU, proposal to sacrifice himself to stabilize and save Savior’s world. After helping take down Savior in the “Exalted” arc of Astonishing X-Men, she joins Dazzler’s X-Treme X-Men where she encounters some “divine” X-Men who offer the team the same status - only it would cost them their human emotions. Emmaline seemingly accepts the offer and leaves the team precisely because of that cost, apparently unable to come to terms with her grief over her Scott’s death.
    Thanks for the explanation. I'm vaguely aware of this, but never read it.

I want Marvel to start treating Emma with some more respect in-universe - but it's more important to me that Scott is in her corner if the other X-Men aren't going to be. If Marvel makes Scott trash-talk her, I'll drop the book.
    I've said the same. See I'm stuck in an awkward spot here. On one hand, it's so obvious to me that Emma's actions since DoX (and before) ought to earn her some consideration from Scott and the rest of the X-Men as well. On the other hand, the reversion Scott is going through currently is likely to bring him back into the X-Men fold as well as making it much more likely he ends up with a certain telepath not named Emma. As you may have guessed, I'm in favor of both outcomes. However, to accomplish all that Scott not only has to disavow his own actions, many of which I feel are justified, he had to disavow Emma's as well. This I'm not ok with.

So I'm kind of stuck in a situation where no likely outcome is particularly favorable. Of course, cooler heads could prevail and Emma and Scott could reforge their partnership without isolating themselves from the X-Men. It could happen, but given Scott's revisionist tone since he returned, and his obvious desire to reunite with his ex-wife, I'm doubtful. I would prefer this all be handled in an adult fashion, but of course JDW loves his drama so everyone has to get in camps and act like teenagers. If that's the case, Emma's in for a rough ride and I'm guessing Scott will be the tool that Marvel uses to deliver that. And no, I'm not referring to the the kind of rough ride Emma's partial to.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I've said the same. See I'm stuck in an awkward spot here. On one hand, it's so obvious to me that Emma's actions since DoX (and before) ought to earn her some consideration from Scott and the rest of the X-Men as well. On the other hand, the reversion Scott is going through currently is likely to bring him back into the X-Men fold as well as making it much more likely he ends up with a certain telepath not named Emma. As you may have guessed, I'm in favor of both outcomes. However, to accomplish all that Scott not only has to disavow his own actions, many of which I feel are justified, he had to disavow Emma's as well. This I'm not ok with.

So I'm kind of stuck in a situation where no likely outcome is particularly favorable. Of course, cooler heads could prevail and Emma and Scott could reforge their partnership without isolating themselves from the X-Men. It could happen, but given Scott's revisionist tone since he returned, and his obvious desire to reunite with his ex-wife, I'm doubtful. I would prefer this all be handled in an adult fashion, but of course JDW loves his drama so everyone has to get in camps and act like teenagers. If that's the case, Emma's in for a rough ride and I'm guessing Scott will be the tool that Marvel uses to deliver that. And no, I'm not referring to the the kind of rough ride Emma's partial to.
    I have a similar ambivalence. At the same time, I doubt Scott mistreating Emma again will do him any good.

Also I got to hand it to you on that joke there. I did not see that one coming.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I had the impression in X-Men Black: Emma Frost that the handwritten note that she sent to the X-Men was her letting them know that she wasn't going let her grief and anger rule her life anymore and she was going to move forward on the path that she feels can best help mutant kind even in the face of their disapproval. Emma took down Shaw as Black King and Lord Imperial because he keeps financially supporting groups that are trying to kill mutants, Shaw is an arms trader who doesn't care if the technology he trades in hurts mutant kind. So now Emma is Black King and Lord Imperial and she controls where HFC money goes. She has reclaimed control of Frost Industries as well which I believe she sold a while back to help Scott fund Utopia after Schism.

If the writers know what they are doing they will keep Emma as a darker heroic character who uses methods that "some" X-Men don't approve of. But lets get serious here Scott and Logan were running their black ops X-Force for a long time from Utopia, and the whole Schism between Scott and Logan wasn't about killing threats, it was about getting children involved in the fighting.

I know there are anti-Emma people who think she is the same villain she was when she first appeared years ago with the Hellfire Club's first appearance in the dark Phoenix saga. I just purchased Marvel Unlimited for a year and I have been going through back issues pretty hard core and other than IvX, New Tian, and ending with Mothervine Emma went a bit crazy after Scott died. By the time Mothervine ended Emma realized she had seriously screwed up and was pretty repentant about things. I think the Mothervine thing reminded her of the Hellions and that the Mothervine had resulted in mutants dying.

I personally think Emma does not see the X-Men as her enemies, she knows she is not liked or wanted around, but she still sees the X-Men as allies. I think the X-Men Black series was a combination of revamping some of the darker characters who are attached to the X-Men. Each person presented a sliding scale of their closeness to still being a part of the X-Men.
    1. Emma was the closest to still being partly aligned with the X-Men and still seeing them as her ally, whether they see her that way.

2. Then Magneto who has seen the horrible future with the "Reaver Virus" and has decided to the only solution is to be the terrorist that everyone expects him to be (and I think even Magneto may go back to the X-Men someday). Magneto also found those mutants who were being held in detention centres and some of them were being experimented on. Perhaps Magneto is going full terrorist to have the world put their targets on him and not the X-Men.

3. Juggernaut went on a quest to gain control of his crystal. Of course that meant accepting that his anger and rage define him and I guess that means he is going to return as an X-Villain at some point, it's possible I am wrong.

4. Then Mystique who I have no idea what she is up to, it's pretty malicious though and she seems to be trying to get humans to fear mutants a lot.

5. Mojo the crazy weird X-Villain who will show up more often now that he is trapped on Earth and not running things from Mojoworld.

6. Apocalypse who is a total villain. Of course I also expect he will turn Kitty and Allison into his new horseman when they come back to the real world from AoXM. I bet that the X-Tracts thing doesn't totally end in AoXM, I bet he converts them to horseman when they come back.

But it's pretty obviously meant to be a sliding scale of sorts and Juggernaut and Mystique are in the middle. Emma is on the end closest to the X-Men, and Apocalypse is the one furthest away from them. So yeah I expect Emma to be either an ongoing ally or sometime ally to the X-Men going forward. She will end up using HFC and Frost International resources to assist the X-Men, or mutant kind in some way. How can she even be a villain to the X-Men, she wants to help mutants and she doesn't support terrorist methods to do it. Sure Emma is not above killing an enemy but there are a lot of X-Men who are not above killing an enemy either (Scott, Logan, Alex, Betsy, etc...).

Ever since mothervine ended:
    1. Emma was angry at ghost Jean for making teen Jean go after the Phoenix force inside her, but in spite of being angry she still tried her best to help teen Jean survive the confrontation with the Phoenix. She even risked her life to try and help teen Jean.
    2. When the X-men went to Emma about the fact that adult Jean was back, Emma was snarky but she still gave them advice on the best place to find the possessed adult Jean.
    3. Emma asked Iceman to help her get her brother away from her father. She was once again a typically snobby snarky bitch but she still asked for help and she was grateful for the help.
    4. Emma asked the X-Men to help her with the HFC thing even knowing they would be angry with her about it after. Of course the readers know more about what Emma was up against then the X-Men do, she deliberately kept the X-Men from getting their hands dirty, they provided a distraction only and Emma was the one who did the hardcore stuff she needed to do to take Shaw down once and for all. Personally anyone who thinks it was better for Shaw to stay in charge of HFC than having Emma in charge is crazy. Shaw spends money to help build sentinels and probably into every version of anti-mutant tech there was.

Yeah she is not going to be on Jean, Kitty, Rogue, and Storm's Christmas card list any time soon but Emma personally considers herself an ally to the X-Men and I doubt she will ever do anything to directly attack them or hurt them. Hell she sent them gift baskets after taking control of the HFC, that is someone who hopes that someday they can forgive her. The letter she wrote to them at the end of her X-Men black issue too was her trying to help them understand why she did what she did and setting the tone for saying that she still thinks of them as people she cares about.

I don't think Emma is going to try and romance Scott again, she is probably going to keep her distance and will only help him if he asks for her help. At some point probably by next year I can easily see Emma being a regular X-Man again, possibly on a new book for the students where she goes back to being a teacher. Jean and Emma are never going to be best friends, but I think they can eventually be allies who work together on a regular basis, just like Scott and Emma.
    Last edited by RachelGrey; 02-16-2019 at 01:16 AM.

Lol, no problem, I really love the Exalted arc.

I think Scott can rejoin the X-Men, and even rekindle his relationship with Jean, without throwing Emma under the bus - but I don’t think Marvel is inclined to do so. After everything they did together, and after Emma was in his corner no matter what, Scott being used by Marvel to disparage her is a deal-breaker for me.

It’s like I’ve said before, I don’t have a preference for Scott’s love life, and while I’d be happy to see Scemma make a comeback, I’d be just as happy with Jott if Emma is treated with respect by Scott if no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Yeah. Right.

Since Morrison rebooted her in 2001, Emma's envy and resentment of Jean has been a defining characteristic of her personality. Even after she took Jean's place--as Scott's lover, as his partner and counselor, as a co-leader of the X-Men--it was always there. Jean is the kind, compassionate "good girl" beloved by the other X-Men that Emma wishes she was, but knows she isn't and can't be. To make matters worse, Jean outclasses Emma as a psi by an order of magnitude. And, while Scott is the love of Emma's life (so far), Jean never stopped being the love of Scott's life.

Emma's entire character arc from 2001 through Bendis's run was about her taking Jean's place and assuming Jean's roles. In other words, it was about her trying to be Jean. (Similar somewhat to Magneto's arc in the mid-80s through 1991 where he tried to be Xavier.)

Thankfully, recent developments have moved Emma away from that with her once again charting her own course. Which is absolutely for the best.
    You obviously are letting your resentment for a character made you assume something. I'm guessing you blame her for Jean's death. She wants to be Jean who you say is a good girl, then she went and was always bitchy...yep trying to be Jean. 😂😂😂 She pushed her students hard even ruthlessly...so Jean.

Maybe she should care for her daughters instead of putting all her life into a man that never really loved her.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    I don't see how at all besides her twitter rants

I just really wasn't a fan of her two X-Men oneshots so far and hope she isn't the next writer to get a big push while other writers/new talent fall on the wayside
    I liked the 2 one-shots, nothing really outstanding but it was good written.

Her twitter rants are pretty awful and imature, and she shill to much for Emma
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-16-2019 at 07:17 AM.