View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    If she is not made the focus or put in a leadership position then sure. Although I was never sure why she was ever considered a leader in the first place. My main problem with Emma is how other characters (mostly X-men) are written down in order to prop her up, they are constantly manipulated and made fools of by her and she is never on the receiving end. If that mentality to write Emma as a badass at the expense of the other X-men can be avoided then she can find a place with the team again. Also no to Leah Williams writing a x-book.
    Emma's talented and experienced. She absolutely should show up some of the X-Men. Scott does it. Jean does it. Kitty does it. Emma's likely as experienced as them so it makes sense. Even though she seems to prefer strictly teaching, I'm not sure that's the best role for her. She doesn't have to lead. She just has to have a voice that listened to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't like Emma but it's really curious and somewhat tragic to see how a character can be on the front for so long and then suddenly disappear.
    From being super important to not being able to be on in any X-book.
    Life can have some drastic twists.

Sooner or later someone will find the way to bring her back to the x-men but at the moment it probably isn't the best thing to do.
    I wouldn't say that she's completely disappeared from the books, she's just not as important as she used to be. Well, she's not as seemingly as important as she used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No and no, no writer referenced the Jeen solo. I
    Red and Gold both referenced the Jeen solo. As did Phoenix Resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I wouldn't say that she's completely disappeared from the books, she's just not as important as she used to be. Well, she's not as seemingly as important as she used to be.
    She hasn't been in any book since Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, I do. Maybe not as a full time member, but I think it'd be fun to see her and Jean and Scott and Logan interact.
    As long as it's kept light, I'd want to see this too. I don't want to see a rehash of NXM. Time and circumstances have changed. Hopefully we could see something a little more playful and a lot less angst inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't like Emma but it's really curious and somewhat tragic to see how a character can be on the front for so long and then suddenly disappear.
    From being super important to not being able to be on in any X-book.
    Life can have some drastic twists.

Sooner or later someone will find the way to bring her back to the x-men but at the moment it probably isn't the best thing to do.
    Emma's had a tumultuous history for sure. That's part of what makes her interesting to me. I'm curious why you think the timing isn't right PZ? What would need to change?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    And she wasn't part of the ongoing cast. Don't we have to go back to 2015 for her last ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Not really. I like her being a woman that learns, accepts, and never looks back.
    What is it you think she needs to learn and accept? If anything I think her time with the X-Men showed that she's very effective in a team setting. Yes, she could go it alone, but that actually feels much more like looking back to her HFC and Mass Academy days.

I want to see her and Scott interact, but I don't want her getting trashed. Maybe she won't be a proper X-Man again, but I'd hope she and Scott could be allies.

No. Leave her be. The oppression of the Grant Morrison will never return.

If she is written more like the higth functioning sociopath from Generation X sure, post-Morrison Emma wasn't bad, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Still a proper closure with Scott would be appreciated (as much as dislike Scemma, at least deserves that).

Now that i think about it, i think than that could happen with her current position in the Hellfire club, she doesn't need to come back to the team, but as an ocassional ally it could work.
    Last edited by TheCape; 02-02-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I want to see her and Scott interact, but I don't want her getting trashed. Maybe she won't be a proper X-Man again, but I'd hope she and Scott could be allies.
    I kind of like the idea of Jean going to Emma and asking her to come back as co-headmistress of the Xavier School. I thought it was funny in the Jean Grey series with Emma talking with Jean's ghost and they actually seemed to have a somewhat grudging respect for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Here's the thing. Scott stranded with 90% of anyone who wears an X on their shirt MIA. He's hard up for team members and money. Emma clearly checks both those boxes. We know he trusts her, likely more than any other X-Men at this point. It just seems crazy to ignore her given the situation he finds himself in. Actually I find it a very odd choice for him to team up with Logan before Emma. I have to assume he's going to reach out to her at some point, if for no other reason than to let her know he's alive. I think she's more than earned that.

Red and Gold both referenced the Jeen solo. As did Phoenix Resurrection.
    I don't remember any reference to Jeen solo on Red. I also don't remember any reference to whatever Jean ghost was

She was just in the last issue of Iceman