View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be honest, i always saw Jeen as a completely different character, she never reminded me to any version of Jean that i had read before.
    I kind of agree. Characters go through that though. Wolverine during Schism. Scott during Morrison. Emma in Blue. The problem is PEF is right. Jeen actually is Jean. We have to accept that just like we have to accept all the other OOC arcs that have come and gone. I'm still kind of feeling that way with the Jean in Red. What can you do?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I don't really see any. I think the question come more down to "do you want Emma to be a part of the X-Men". Some people have suggested that she be better as an independent operator. Those are really the two options. For me I think Emma goes down hill fast outside of a core team book. X-Men can be grey but not really truly evil. I think if we can get her back on a team, she will at least be somewhat protected from the whims of future editors and writers who see her as only the sum of the worst of her characterizations over the years.

I also really think she has some great potential right now. I think she has a chance to move past all the negative characterizations that have cropped up in the last two years. Also, if there's two X-Men who would be willing to work with her and treat her fairly, I kind of think Scott are Logan are her best bet. If she can get them onside, I think the rest of the X-Men will fall in line.
    I guess those two options are the best things to consider. Considering the tone of Uncanny currently, now seems to be the best time to join in. I feel that it would be a missed opportunity to not use Emma during the current story line.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Obviously. It shows Jeen (the person who would become Jean thanks to the events of Extermination) and Emma getting along, and that would contradict your narrative that Jean spends every waking moment hating every bone in Emma's body.
    On Blue Jeen wasn't in good terms with Emma. I could even say she hated her

To be honest, i always saw Jeen as a completely different character, she never reminded me to any version of Jean that i had read before.
    Jeen didn't liked Jean at all. She wanted to avoid all things about Jean, on the solo I owuld even said she hated Jean

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    On Blue Jeen wasn't in good terms with Emma

Jeen didn't liked Jean at all. She wanted to avoid all things about Jean, on the solo I owuld even said she hated Jean
    Well, Jeen becoming Jean is canon, thanks to Extermination. You love to remind Emma fans that IvX is canon even though it makes zero sense.

And perhaps you didn't finish reading Blue. Because Jeen was on excellent terms with Emma, telling her that the X-Men need her and Magneto after the battle in Paris. Again, you're ignoring anything that doesn't fit your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I kind of agree. Characters go through that though. Wolverine during Schism. Scott during Morrison. Emma in Blue. The problem is PEF is right. Jeen actually is Jean. We have to accept that just like we have to accept all the other OOC arcs that have come and gone. I'm still kind of feeling that way with the Jean in Red. What can you do?
    I actually that Logan went through something like that, long before Schism, but that's another matter. Still i agreed with you, characterization stopped being consistent around the early 2000s for many characthers and yeah RedJean wasn't my cup of tea either.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well, Jeen becoming Jean is canon, thanks to Extermination. You love to remind Emma fans that IvX is canon even though it makes zero sense.

And perhaps you didn't finish reading Blue. Because Jeen was on excellent terms with Emma, telling her that the X-Men need her and Magneto after the battle in Paris. Again, you're ignoring anything that doesn't fit your narrative.
    If i was fan of Emma, i wish that they would erase Blue personally, that Secret Empire arc did her no favors.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

That puts some extra memories and only that. I don't really saw any change on personality

I guess the writer is a Emma fan boy, Emma did a lot of wrong things on blue. Still she didn't said they were friends or anything else like that

If i was fan of Emma, i wish that they would erase Blue personally, that Secret Empire arc did her no favors.
    Secret Empire was fine up until the stupid capturing Tyke part. Up until there, her declaration that mutants would not bow to Hydra Cap was awesome.

That puts some extra memories and only that. I don't really saw any change on personality

I guess the writer is a Emma fan boy, Emma did a lot of wrong things on blue. Still she didn't said they were friends or anything else like that
    Of course. It makes perfect sense. Any writer that would have a positive opinion of Emma would obviously be a fanboy. You cracked the code.

I don't know why I bother.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Well can you blame Scott, Emma was too hot to say no to. We all know that the reason Logan when after Scott was because Scott beded Emma and not him. He wanted to be with Scott but Scott said no.
    Well he could do better on X-men than Emma, but beauty is on eyes of the beholder.

Glad to see that is your head cannon and hate for Emma over something that happen years ago that keeps you a fair she might steal Jean spot light.
    Emma saved Jeens life in her solo and was also a teacher to her. Was able to help her with her powers and they both moved pass the drama at the end you see both laughing. What people are saying is that they can have a working relationship but nothing more.
    Lot of bad things also happened between them later. I don't really see them workign together, unless they are the last x-men around like Logan and Scott now on Uncanny

Of course. It makes perfect sense. Any writer that would have a positive opinion of Emma would obviously be a fanboy. You cracked the code.

I don't know why I bother.
    After all the crap on mothervine and Secret Empire, says that X-men need Emma was bad

Where is Bell and ExodusCloak, so they can quote and post scans of Blue. Jeen was willing to fight Magneto to the death to saved the people and Emma at the sametime trying to save him from him self.

Well he could do better on X-men than Emma, but beauty is on eyes of the beholder.

Glad to see that is your head cannon and hate for Emma over something that happen years ago that keeps you a fair she might steal Jean spot light.

Lot of bad things also happened between them later. I don't really see them workign together, unless they are the last x-men around like Logan and Scott now on Uncanny

After all the crap on mothervine and Secret Empire, says that X-men need Emma was bad
    It's almost like how you perceive Jean and how literally every Marvel writer ever perceive her are two entirely different things. But no, I'm sure it's a cabal of Marvel employees working around the clock to push a conspiracy, and you're the only awake one.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Where is Bell and ExodusCloak, so they can quote and post scans of Blue. Jeen was willing to fight Magneto to the death to saved the people and Emma at the sametime trying to save him from him self.
    Jean would save Emma everytime, even after the affair, Jean put Emma together again. Of course Jean never heard a thank youfrom Emma.

Jean would save Emma everytime, even after the affair, Jean put Emma together again. Of course Jean never heard a thank youfrom Emma.
    I'm sure Emma also drank the last Diet Coke in the fridge before Jean could get it once. The fiend. Truly a heartless monster.

I'm sure Emma also drank the last Diet Coke in the fridge before Jean could get it once. The fiend. Truly a heartless monster.
    You just don't care about the bad Emma did to Jean right?

It's almost like how you perceive Jean and how literally every Marvel writer ever perceive her are two entirely different things. But no, I'm sure it's a cabal of Marvel employees working around the clock to push a conspiracy, and you're the only awake one.
    If a character screw everytime and a writer always find a way to excuse it, there is something about it.

When Jean was dead there was really a conspiracy to screw over Jean and benefit Emma. So excuse me