View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Here's the thing. Scott stranded with 90% of anyone who wears an X on their shirt MIA. He's hard up for team members and money. Emma clearly checks both those boxes. We know he trusts her, likely more than any other X-Men at this point. It just seems crazy to ignore her given the situation he finds himself in. Actually I find it a very odd choice for him to team up with Logan before Emma. I have to assume he's going to reach out to her at some point, if for no other reason than to let her know he's alive. I think she's more than earned that.
    You're talking facts buddy. And if there's some sexy tension when they meet again, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She was just in the last issue of Iceman
    I meant a team book.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I kind of like the idea of Jean going to Emma and asking her to come back as co-headmistress of the Xavier School. I thought it was funny in the Jean Grey series with Emma talking with Jean's ghost and they actually seemed to have a somewhat grudging respect for each other.
    Hmm, I'm not sure how the X-Men would take Jean making this decision...

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She was just in the last issue of Iceman
    One shots and limited series appearances are pretty low rent for Emma. I want her in an ongoing role on a team book, where she's been pretty much since the start of NXM up until I think the end of UXM vol 3 IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure how the X-Men would take Jean making this decision...
    Well if it's Jean, who can really argue? What's she been wrong about since she came back?

For now, I'd say no. She doesn't really fit in with what they are doing with the X-Men right now. I also don't need to see her once again following Scott around with her still not having gotten over him even though he broke up with her years ago. And while I enjoy reading about her, she tends to pull focus from other characters. There are other X-Men that need the spotlight more.

Her current status as the Black King of the Hellfire Club has a lot more story potential than just sticking her back with the X-Men, so I'd like to see something with that, or even something about her re-establishing the Massachusetts Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't remember any reference to Jeen solo on Red. I also don't remember any reference to whatever Jean ghost was
    Yeah. I don't recall either which is why I asked. This is kind of an important point, because if it's not acknowledged then were back to square one with these two.

Maybe someone who paid more attention to Red then me can answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    For now, I'd say no. She doesn't really fit in with what they are doing with the X-Men right now. I also don't need to see her once again following Scott around with her still not having gotten over him even though he broke up with her years ago. And while I enjoy reading about her, she tends to pull focus from other characters. There are other X-Men that need the spotlight more.

Her current status as the Black King of the Hellfire Club has a lot more story potential than just sticking her back with the X-Men, so I'd like to see something with that, or even something about her re-establishing the Massachusetts Academy.
    It just feels like her role at the HFC is begging editorial to slide her back into the villain role by degrees. As far as upstaging other X-Men for panel time, I'm honestly fine with that. She's in my top 5 favorite characters when she's firing on all cylinders. Not too many other X-Men can bring what she brings. Most of them are too stuck in 60's X-Men ideology. Having more than one viewpoint about how to accomplish the X-Men's goals makes the books better IMO. I'd prefer to have some alternative to the current "kill villains with kindness" approach.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I know she is a fanboy favorite, but I still prefer her as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    I know she is a fanboy favorite, but I still prefer her as a villain.
    So you're okay with ignoring all character development since 1992?

Absolutely beeping not. No way. She should be a neutral character Antihero type. Her acid tongue needs to be amped to 1000000 and that whole motherly Emma just doesn't work. Make her a villain again. A good villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Well if it's Jean, who can really argue? What's she been wrong about since she came back?
    It wouldn't be because of Jean, just that they weren't on good terms with Emma (to say the least) before Jean's return.

Yes Scott and her need to leave the x men behind and moved into their own world. I want to see the friendship she had with Scott again. I miss Mama and Papa together.

Nope. That one-shot was the best thing that happened to her since Morrison. I think she should still be surrounded with her friends former students and be a hostile ally/frenemy to the X-Men, but she’s past the X-Men.

BANNED

Emma can be entertaining. She should appear somewhere regularly. However, I don't think she should be directly under the X-Men. Having her as the ultimate leader of the Hellfire Club is a great idea and feels like where the character should be. Let her become a highly-influential character within the X-Men's world, with her helping them as she sees fit.

Should she appear in every issue of some book? Yes. As an X-Man? I think it's fine if she does, but her current role actually opens up more of that potential and newness I keep asking for with ALL of the characters. It is potentially a great new status quo.

The one drawback I see to her not being an X-Man is that it ultimately means the editors decided she should be out of the way so that Punch Lasers can pretend the last 15 years of stories didn't happen. This means Emma won't be occupying him and, in effect, shielding Jean Grey.
    Last edited by Can'tHexTheX; 02-02-2019 at 08:11 PM.