View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think big retcons are needed, people divorce and live new lives all the time
    Not baggage-free, they don't. Our past is always with us.

Given the sheer mass of his role in her life, Jean can't believably walk away from Scott as if theirs was just another transitory relationship.

So... back to the original point of the thread

I think Emma would work well with Scott and Logan as part of a grayer X-Men team compared to Storm and Jean. That way you get two flagship teams that are both very distinct from each other

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    No. It wouldn't be believable.

Forgiveness? Maybe. But, that'd require Emma to sincerely apologize to Jean and own up to her wrongdoing. That's not something Emma, especially post-Morrison, is capable of doing and, given her endless jealousy and resentment of Jean, willing to do.

Forgetting and moving on without the baggage? Becoming friends and trusted co-workers? Not a chance in hell. (Could you work side by side with, much less be friends with, the person your spouse cheated on you with?) The best you could credibly get is grudging cooperation when it's made necessary by circumstances. Emma hates Jean because she wants to be Jean but can't. Jean has every reason to hate Emma's guts because of Emma's role in destroying her marriage. They can work together when they have to, but that's as far as it'll ever go.

As far as Scott goes, Jean can probably handle being "just friends" with Scott, especially if she's found someone else. Scott, though, can't. His love for Jean is so intense and hardwired into his character that it will gnaw at him. Even if he's technically with someone else. This, in turn, will make it awkward for Jean because she'll be able to literally sense Scott's pain. (Remember how fraught the first couple of years of X-Factor were before Scott and Jean finally got back together? Scott was a basket case, and Jean had an emotional roller coaster ride, too.) Their interaction wouldn't necessarily be hostile, just intensely uncomfortable and awkward.

With Scott and Emma, it's the reverse. Scott can work with her because, although he cares about her, he doesn't love her as much as he loves Jean. Emma can work with Scott, but it's not healthy for her because she'll always be carrying a torch for him. For her to move on, she needs to stay away from him.
    I assume there's something between ripping each others hair out and getting together for bridge on the weekends. If that's grudging cooperation than I'll take it. Seems like all that's required anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    So... back to the original point of the thread

I think Emma would work well with Scott and Logan as part of a grayer X-Men team compared to Storm and Jean. That way you get two flagship teams that are both very distinct from each other
    Agreed. Based on the one issue of uncanny with Scott and Logan, now would be an excellent time to bring Emma in. A desperate need for help should smooth over any rough patches between the three of them. I'm just not sure exactly how "gray" Marvel is planning to take uncanny. I suspect it won't go as far as we might think.

The fact she's not there tells me either Rosenberg didn't want her or JDW didn't want to give her to him. There could be plans for her elsewhere but I find it hard to believe that she isn't caught up in the War of the Realms stuff or in uncanny. I don't see her in any of the March solicits.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 02-12-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Agreed. Based on the one issue of uncanny with Scott and Logan, now would be an excellent time to bring Emma in. A desperate need for help should smooth over any rough patches between the three of them. I'm just not sure exactly how "gray" Marvel is planning to take uncanny. I suspect it won't go as far as we might think.

The fact she's not there tells me either Rosenberg didn't want her or JDW didn't want to give her to him. There could be plans for her elsewhere but I find it hard to believe that she isn't caught up in the War of the Realms stuff or in uncanny. I don't see her in any of the March solicits.

By her absence I can
    Someone said that Rosenberg said Emma will appear in UXM in her thread

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Someone said that Rosenberg said Emma will appear in UXM in her thread
    Sounds like speculation at this point. I'm not sure why they'd wait so long unless they're just planning for her to show up in one issue. Still better than nothing. It's probably for the best to get the Emma and Scott reunion out of the way before we have to deal with the fallout from the end of AoXM anyway.

This begs the question of what state the HFC could be in at that time. The club has long standing ties to very visible mutants like Emma, Erik and the Braddocks. That seems problematic given the political climate we see in Uncanny 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Sounds like speculation at this point. I'm not sure why they'd wait so long unless they're just planning for her to show up in one issue. Still better than nothing. It's probably for the best to get the Emma and Scott reunion out of the way before we have to deal with the fallout from the end of AoXM anyway.

This begs the question of what state the HFC could be in at that time. The club has long standing ties to very visible mutants like Emma, Erik and the Braddocks. That seems problematic given the political climate we see in Uncanny 11.
    I had a long conversation with Rosenberg about Emma in October 2018. He said he'll be writing her in the future and acknowledged my grievances. I asked him if he had any Emma stuff otherwise I couldn't get anything signed. He said he has one page in Phoenix Ressurection so settled for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I had a long conversation with Rosenberg about Emma in October 2018. He said he'll be writing her in the future and acknowledged my grievances. I asked him if he had any Emma stuff otherwise I couldn't get anything signed. He said he has one page in Phoenix Ressurection so settled for that.
    Well that's sounds positive. Is Rosenberg doing anything for Marvel but Uncanny?

All he had was PR? Not sure where you fall on the whole Scott\Emma thing but that page had to be rough for Emma fans.

No. It wouldn't be believable.

Forgiveness? Maybe. But, that'd require Emma to sincerely apologize to Jean and own up to her wrongdoing. That's not something Emma, especially post-Morrison, is capable of doing and, given her endless jealousy and resentment of Jean, willing to do.

Forgetting and moving on without the baggage? Becoming friends and trusted co-workers? Not a chance in hell. (Could you work side by side with, much less be friends with, the person your spouse cheated on you with?) The best you could credibly get is grudging cooperation when it's made necessary by circumstances. Emma hates Jean because she wants to be Jean but can't. Jean has every reason to hate Emma's guts because of Emma's role in destroying her marriage. They can work together when they have to, but that's as far as it'll ever go.

As far as Scott goes, Jean can probably handle being "just friends" with Scott, especially if she's found someone else. Scott, though, can't. His love for Jean is so intense and hardwired into his character that it will gnaw at him. Even if he's technically with someone else. This, in turn, will make it awkward for Jean because she'll be able to literally sense Scott's pain. (Remember how fraught the first couple of years of X-Factor were before Scott and Jean finally got back together? Scott was a basket case, and Jean had an emotional roller coaster ride, too.) Their interaction wouldn't necessarily be hostile, just intensely uncomfortable and awkward.

With Scott and Emma, it's the reverse. Scott can work with her because, although he cares about her, he doesn't love her as much as he loves Jean. Emma can work with Scott, but it's not healthy for her because she'll always be carrying a torch for him. For her to move on, she needs to stay away from him.
    Emma has never wanted to be Jean. Perhaps you should reread her issues

BANNED

Teen Jean didn't have Jean's memories or experiences of Scott cheating on her with Emma. Sure, she knew about it, but she hadn't had to live through it yet. I agree that having Jeen's memories may give Jean additional perspective on Emma, and perhaps some satisfaction that Emma's relationship with Scott ultimately failed, but I don't see how any of that would erase or ameliorate the fact that Emma helped destroy her marriage.

What I think a lot of Jean fans around here really want is Jean to be purely single--not separated, not estranged, not divorced--but single and baggage-free as if she were never married at all. With Scott dead, that was a possibility. But with Scott alive, it's never going to be that simple, clean, or easy given their history.

For what you folks want, Marvel needs to drop the continuity bomb, and reset Jean back to age 21-22. Have her living in Manhattan, working as a model, and living the sexy, ambitious Sex and the City single life. No Scott. No marriage. No kids, alternate timeline or otherwise. No baggage. Just a hot, smart young woman having fun.
    Emma Frost mentored Jeen, and now that the o5 went back to the past, Jean remembers being trained by Emma Frost. Emma was professional enough to put aside her differences with the adult Jean and train Jeen. In the Jean Grey book, we see Ghost Jean and adult Emma again be professional and work together.

Jean actually died, came back in Endsong, went back to the White Hot Room/died again and came back for good in Phoenix Resurrection to a very different world. She's in a different place.

So Emma mentored Jeen and now Jean has Jeen memories from her time in the future... interesting...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

They could've put her in Savage Avengers. Have her in a place that isn't her comfort spot (arguably SA is more of a safe zone to where she is now lol)

Savage Avengers looks like a bomb waiting to explode, especially with Frank and Wolvie on the team. Most of the members on that are ruthless killers so having Emma be on that team as a more calm and level headed one could make things interesting, i could easily see her taking advantage of people like Frank or Venom to neuter opposition, i can sort of see a Cabal type alliance with Voodoo too.
    The book would likely paint her in a negative fashion, but with a roster like that everyone is going to eat dirt sooner or later, so it wouldn't feel like a singular witch hunt i guess.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    They could've put her in Savage Avengers. Have her in a place that isn't her comfort spot (arguably SA is more of a safe zone to where she is now lol)

Savage Avengers looks like a bomb waiting to explode, especially with Frank and Wolvie on the team. Most of the members on that are ruthless killers so having Emma be on that team as a more calm and level headed one could make things interesting, i could easily see her taking advantage of people like Frank or Venom to neuter opposition, i can sort of see a Cabal type alliance with Voodoo too.
    The book would likely paint her in a negative fashion, but with a roster like that everyone is going to eat dirt sooner or later, so it wouldn't feel like a singular witch hunt i guess.
    I think Frank deserves better than to be a pawn of Emma's scheming. Now if said schemes leads to Frank putting Emma on his hit list then we got something.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I think Frank deserves better than to be a pawn of Emma's scheming. Now if said schemes leads to Frank putting Emma on his hit list then we got something.
    I said Frank, because he seems to be the easiest to manipulate. With the right amount of intervention he'll cause a heap of shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What exactly makes you hate a character to the point that you wish a horrible death upon them? What use of your time and energy is that?