View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Weird how Emma's whole new status quo was that she usurped control of the Hellfire Club to help protect mutantkind. Then, as soon as everything goes to **** for mutants, we still see mutants getting killed or tortured. Like shouldn't she actively be trying to protect her former students like Loa and Blindfold, or just caring for misplaced mutants or any on the run? But I'm sure as soon as we see her in Rosenberg's Uncanny, she'll be doing something generically villainous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Lol, I apologize for my part in that.

That aside, I agree that Emma doesn’t have to be on an official X-team to be prevalent in the X-book and, like you, I doubt a HFC book would sell unless it’s called X-(Something).
    Nah you're good lol. The direction of threads with Emma can be very predictable at times and it gets hard not to bite. I had to fight not to get involved in the shipping discussion above

Pretty much. Something like X-Men: Black or Dark X-Men or of that nature. Pretty much with the X-Men branding but something that plays to her strengths

The logical thing would be to think that Emma has made some deal to keep hidden all the mutants that she could, not unlike what she did in Old Man Logan.

But it's Rosenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Weird how Emma's whole new status quo was that she usurped control of the Hellfire Club to help protect mutantkind. Then, as soon as everything goes to **** for mutants, we still see mutants getting killed or tortured. Like shouldn't she actively be trying to protect her former students like Loa and Blindfold, or just caring for misplaced mutants or any on the run? But I'm sure as soon as we see her in Rosenberg's Uncanny, she'll be doing something generically villainous.
    That would require paying attention to cannon, which clearly hasn't been a strong point considering that this thread is required.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Nah you're good lol. The direction of threads with Emma can be very predictable at times and it gets hard not to bite. I had to fight not to get involved in the shipping discussion above
    How exactly things play out between her and Scott (and Scott and Jean) will certainly effect how Emma is incorporated into the books. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

Pretty much. Something like X-Men: Black or Dark X-Men or of that nature. Pretty much with the X-Men branding but something that plays to her strengths
    In my mind, there's a very significant risk that any attempt at Emma operating alone, especially in the context of the HFC, will be a quick slide to full out villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    How exactly things play out between her and Scott (and Scott and Jean) will certainly effect how Emma is incorporated into the books. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

In my mind, there's a very significant risk that any attempt at Emma operating alone, especially in the context of the HFC, will be a quick slide to full out villainy.
    If they have Emma become an outright X-Villain I think that's an absolute failure for the writers of the character. I guess if the writers want to go all 90's then they could go that way, but heck even in the 90's Emma wasn't really an X-Villain. They had her used off an on for a bit and even shunted her off to Genosha for a while as a teacher and kept her out of the comics until the fall of Genosha when she rejoined the X-men after they were looking for survivors there. The whole Cassandra Nova thing was definitely not Emma's fault and they didn't blame her when it was all over.

Regardless I think Emma should have some involvement on the X-books. I was just thinking that Hellfire-X has an interesting ring to it and definitely designates it as an X-Book. Since there are rumours of Emma showing up in Uncanny around issue 17 I suppose they will have her start getting more active then. That's probably after War of the Realms too which is somewhat taking over all the books over the summer. I know she is going to be used on Jessica Jones for at least one issue (can't wait because I love the art on that book). It's even possible if Emma shows up in Jessica's book for a few issues that may be why other writers aren't able to use her for the moment. I notice that Marvel has a weird demarcation line that if a character is used in one part of the Marvel books, with Jessica Jones being part of the more adult themed books, then that character can't be used on a book in one of the other lines. So it's possible Emma can't be used elsewhere till the Jessica Jones writer is done using her.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    If they have Emma become an outright X-Villain I think that's an absolute failure for the writers of the character. I guess if the writers want to go all 90's then they could go that way, but heck even in the 90's Emma wasn't really an X-Villain. They had her used off an on for a bit and even shunted her off to Genosha for a while as a teacher and kept her out of the comics until the fall of Genosha when she rejoined the X-men after they were looking for survivors there. The whole Cassandra Nova thing was definitely not Emma's fault and they didn't blame her when it was all over.

Regardless I think Emma should have some involvement on the X-books. I was just thinking that Hellfire-X has an interesting ring to it and definitely designates it as an X-Book. Since there are rumours of Emma showing up in Uncanny around issue 17 I suppose they will have her start getting more active then. That's probably after War of the Realms too which is somewhat taking over all the books over the summer. I know she is going to be used on Jessica Jones for at least one issue (can't wait because I love the art on that book). It's even possible if Emma shows up in Jessica's book for a few issues that may be why other writers aren't able to use her for the moment. I notice that Marvel has a weird demarcation line that if a character is used in one part of the Marvel books, with Jessica Jones being part of the more adult themed books, then that character can't be used on a book in one of the other lines. So it's possible Emma can't be used elsewhere till the Jessica Jones writer is done using her.
    UXM 17 should hit in early May so about a month after War of the Realms kicks off. I don't see any solicits for Emma in April, so I suspect she'll be free to show up on Uncanny if that's indeed that plan. So far it's all still speculation. I'm guessing that Uncanny will be cut of from the whole WotR event which, if it proves true, I will be quite happy about. It would be stupid for Rosenberg to only have 5 issues before having his story line be railroaded into event X. This is Emma's sweet spot for insertion back onto that team. I can't think of a better setup. Unless of course Emma's mixed up with Kwannon and the MLF, which would be some kind of ridiculous.

I suspect that Rosenberg is going to make Sunspot the MLF leader, not Emma.

The last thing we know about him is that he became Citizen X. How dare he want to just defend the mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I suspect that Rosenberg is going to make Sunspot the MLF leader, not Emma.

The last thing we know about him is that he became Citizen X. How dare he want to just defend the mutants?
    Wasn't this basically what Emma and Scott got crucified for to begin with?

Wasn't this basically what Emma and Scott got crucified for to begin with?
    That's why I say I suspect that Rosenberg is going to make Sunspot a villain. I can not think of any other X-men apart from him or Emma to lead MLF and I think it's not going to be Emma. Emma being the MLF leader would be too abrupt, forcing a Scott vs Emma so fast.

I think he can try to make parallels between Sunspot who went from being an Avenger to just caring about mutants and Scott.

Not that I like or agree, only that I think Rosenberg is going to do something like that.
    Last edited by Glio; 02-16-2019 at 05:34 PM.

That's why I say I suspect that Rosenberg is going to make Sunspot a villain. I can not think of any other X-men apart from him or Emma to lead MLF and I think it's not going to be Emma.

I think he can try to make parallels between Sunspot who went from being an Avenger to just caring about mutants and Scott.

Not that I like or agree, only that I think Rosenberg is going to do something like that.
    i'll throw a goddamn chair
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

That's why I say I suspect that Rosenberg is going to make Sunspot a villain. I can not think of any other X-men apart from him or Emma to lead MLF and I think it's not going to be Emma. Emma being the MLF leader would be too abrupt, forcing a Scott vs Emma so fast.

Marvel covers don't necessarily mean anything, but based on what they've shown it looks like someone else.

Emma has always been mutant first. There's an argument that going from Gen X professor, to X-Men militant during Decimation, to taking the war to the Inhumans and finally to ruling New Tian shows a clear pattern and progression of Emma's attitudes on defending mutants. Is it really such a leap to think she couldn't get behind the MLF in a world where there's no X-Men left and it a free for all on mutants? If there's one thing that's clear about Emma's progression, it's that she's gotten more and more extreme in dealing with threats to mutants.

This could easily lead to a confrontation with Cyke's team. If Emma's been hiding under a rock she may not know Scott's alive so the attack could be inadvertent or coincidental. This is going down the rabbit hole certainly but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Emma has always been mutant first. There's an argument that going from Gen X professor, to X-Men militant during Decimation, to taking the war to the Inhumans and finally to ruling New Tian shows a clear pattern and progression of Emma's attitudes on defending mutants. Is it really such a leap to think she couldn't get behind the MLF in a world where there's no X-Men left and it a free for all on mutants? If there's one thing that's clear about Emma's progression, it's that she's gotten more and more extreme in dealing with threats to mutants.

This could easily lead to a confrontation with Cyke's team. If Emma's been hiding under a rock she may not know Scott's alive so the attack could be inadvertent or coincidental. This is going down the rabbit hole certainly but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.
    What you say also makes sense in terms of Emma's character, but I still think it would be too early for that encounter.

Of the two, Dark X-Men seems more viable, since color coding the books is seemingly on the way out.