View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That's why I say I suspect that Rosenberg is going to make Sunspot a villain. I can not think of any other X-men apart from him or Emma to lead MLF and I think it's not going to be Emma. Emma being the MLF leader would be too abrupt, forcing a Scott vs Emma so fast.

I think he can try to make parallels between Sunspot who went from being an Avenger to just caring about mutants and Scott.

Not that I like or agree, only that I think Rosenberg is going to do something like that.
    Well this would be a terrible use of the character.

BANNED

She shouldn't have sexual relationship with Cyclops. Whoever wrote that was an *******.

I don't mind her on X-team but she should respect Cyclops-Jean relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    She shouldn't have sexual relationship with Cyclops. Whoever wrote that was an *******.

Right now Cyclops is single and Jean will be in a relationship with Bishop moving forward. I see no problem with Emma and Scott having any kind of relationship.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ewww, i like scott (i ship jean with him) but i don't think he needs even more love drama. If marvel is already putting him in another relationship for the sake of it, they will only hurt the character even more. That will affect other characters too.
    I really don't like that part of the character. Characters are more than a dating simulator and each new relationship only makes everybody feelings look cheap and devalutes all other relationships/characters.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-17-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

But why? You mean Morrison and all the writers that followed him?
    I never really understood the relationship, but I think the podcast kind of opened my eyes to something,

Emma never respected it and never will. And I don't think there will be any relationship to respect

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Ewww, i like scott (i ship jean with him) but i don't think he needs even more love drama. If marvel is already putting him in another relationship for the sake of it, they will only hurt the character even more. That will affect other characters too.
    I really don't like that part of the character. Characters are more than a dating simulator and each new relationship only makes everybody feelings look cheap and devalutes all other relationships/characters.
    Scott seriously need to be alone for sometime.

Kitty had so many relationshios, Almost married twice. the only way to go forward is hooking her up with a woman
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-17-2019 at 12:11 PM.

The thing is, they jumped straight into the deep-end for this new situation with the X-Men. I doubt Rosenberg is gonna revisit Loa or what even happened to her, but she should've had a ton of avenues to go rather than stay on a country that is actively committing genocide against her . She probably wouldn't run, but she could've seeked out Namor or Emma, because I'm sure they would both keep her safe without question.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    That would require paying attention to cannon, which clearly hasn't been a strong point considering that this thread is required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The logical thing would be to think that Emma has made some deal to keep hidden all the mutants that she could, not unlike what she did in Old Man Logan.

But it's Rosenberg.
    sigh. There does seem to be some talk that Sunspot employed the MLF to sort of be mutants' protectors. It's just that the creative teams and editorial (unintentionally or not) created a lot of safe-havens for mutants. Citizen X, Emma Frost & her multinational Hellfire Club bases, Shatterstar's apartments (which he should be actively doing rather than run around his adolescent kill crew), and Hatchi Corporations (which may be unsafe due to the connection with General Cajones).

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I loved Emma on the team and I loved her and Scott’s relationship. She was a great way to push his character.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    But why? You mean Morrison and all the writers that followed him?
    I never really understood the relationship, but I think the podcast kind of opened my eyes to something,

Emma never respected it and never will. And I don't think there will be any relationship to respect

Scott seriously need to be alone for sometime.

Kitty had so many relationshios, Almost married twice. the only way to go forward is hooking her up with a woman
    I don't get this why should Emma have respect for their relationship? Jean nor Cyclops had respect for it

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't get this why should Emma have respect for their relationship? Jean nor Cyclops had respect for it
    This isn't a good justificative for not respecting it, and Emma helped Cyclops a lot to not respect it

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This isn't a good justificative for not respecting it, and Emma helped Cyclops a lot to not respect it
    So to bring it back to the point, are you saying Emma shouldn't be on a team because she didn't respect Jean's marriage? Cause that seems like a personal issue between Emma and Jean. When it comes to being an X-Man, that kind of pettiness has no place when mutants face extinction

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    So to bring it back to the point, are you saying Emma shouldn't be on a team because she didn't respect Jean's marriage? Cause that seems like a personal issue between Emma and Jean. When it comes to being an X-Man, that kind of pettiness has no place when mutants face extinction
    In fairness, the X-Men above letting personal drama get in the way of their work. No matter how dire the situation is.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In fairness, the X-Men above letting personal drama get in the way of their work. No matter how dire the situation is.
    Touche, can't argue with that

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The bigger point is that the X-men don't need her as a team member in their effort to fight for and help mutants, they have been doing that long before she came around and in some cases they were opposing her to help mutants. Likewise now that she is running the HFC and has all it's resources she doesn't need the X-men to fight for and save mutants if that is what she wants to do. Win win for everybody. Honestly what is the real reason people want to see Emma back with the X-men? Is it because she was a valued and trusted member who genuinely cared about her teammates and had there best interests at heart and they want that connection back? Or is it that they loved all the snarkiness and the putdowns, how she made them look like fools and idiots. How she was the so above them and made them relevant because they were stuck in the past. And that they would love for her to come back and remind th X-men of how much of a failure they have been? Do they want Emma back with X-men because it good for Emma or it's good for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    The bigger point is that the X-men don't need her as a team member in their effort to fight for and help mutants, they have been doing that long before she came around and in some cases they were opposing her to help mutants. Likewise now that she is running the HFC and has all it's resources she doesn't need the X-men to fight for and save mutants if that is what she wants to do. Win win for everybody. Honestly what is the real reason people want to see Emma back with the X-men? Is it because she was a valued and trusted member who genuinely cared about her teammates and had there best interests at heart and they want that connection back? Or is it that they loved all the snarkiness and the putdowns, how she made them look like fools and idiots. How she was the so above them and made them relevant because they were stuck in the past. And that they would love for her to come back and remind th X-men of how much of a failure they have been? Do they want Emma back with X-men because it good for Emma or it's good for themselves?
    Because for all her faults she is just as much a contributing valued member of the X-Men as any of the darker X-Men characters like Wolverine and Cyclops, Psylocke, Fantomex, Archangel, and even Cable and Deadpool. Emma was integral to the survival of the mutants after M-Day, and she has been a great character all these years. She is one of my favourite X-Men and I definitely want her back. There are so many interesting directions they could take in bringing her back too. Personally I have no investment in seeing Emma and Scott back together, the current writers are definitely trying to devalue the relationship from Scott's side of things, so it would diminish Emma too much to have her want to get back together with Scott if he is going to reject her anyway. I would read a book with Emma and Jean co-leading or with any of the other core leaders like Storm, Rogue, Kitty, etc... I would read a book where Emma decides to try and rebuild the Xavier school in the face of everything that is going on in the world now.

I guess I just don't hate her character so yeah I want her back on a book. I also don't hate Jean or Scott and I don't mind if they get back together or don't either. Heck let all 3 characters breath for a bit and not rush back into any romantic relationships. I liked the way Emma and Jean's ghost worked together in the Jean Grey series, I thought the dynamic they had was fun to read and I would love to read it again. Emma's appearances have been inconsistent the last two years because some writers portray her sympathetically and some write her less sympathetically. Overall though I think Emma can be great back on the X-Men and I can't wait till she is back.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah. Which is exactly how I feel about Jean's relationship with Bishop. The difference with Emma and Scott is that they have legitimate feelings for each other that developed over a long period of time and a significant history of working side by side. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of Scott and Emma getting back together, but at least I can say that it makes more sense than whatever's going on in AoXM, not just with Jean but several other couples.