View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Many of you are suggesting something like a central cast, support role, and I think that's perfect. Put her and Beast in charge of the school, so they aren't on an action team, but available for telepathy relay and medical emergencies.

Leave her as the head of a not completely eeeeeevil Hellfire Club which has similar goals to the X-Men's but goes about helping mutants in decidedly more morally gray ways. Have some of the X-Men 'defect' to her side, particularly the former Gen X characters. Make her worldview another axis in the eternal Magneto/Xavier conflict over how to best help mutants. And give her a school of her own again! Tough love teacher Emma is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Just wait until Spencer Uncanny.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yesss.

Lorna needs to rebuild Genosha and Emma needs to be headmaster of the Genosha institute!

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Hahahaha
    No way in hell, Scott is finally free from this burden. So much damage done to push a character without staying power and a relationship that anybody with common sense will think is a mistake.
    Emma was another parasite, carried by a way more popular character and now without Cyclops she is nothing. Let her be an example of how bad everything can go for characters that depend on romances with better characters to be significant.

Characters with no legs shouldn't hamper actually important characters, they are not worthy of being carried. Let Emma and her unworthy, totally undeserved push fade into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Leave her as the head of a not completely eeeeeevil Hellfire Club which has similar goals to the X-Men's but goes about helping mutants in decidedly more morally gray ways. Have some of the X-Men 'defect' to her side, particularly the former Gen X characters. Make her worldview another axis in the eternal Magneto/Xavier conflict over how to best help mutants. And give her a school of her own again! Tough love teacher Emma is awesome!
    This all day long!

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Hahahaha
    No way in hell, Scott is finally free from this burden. So much damage done to push a character without staying power and a relationship that anybody with common sense will think is a mistake.
    Emma was another parasite, carried by a way more popular character and now without Cyclops she is nothing. Let her be an example of how bad everything can go for characters that depend on romances with better characters to be significant.

Characters with no legs shouldn't hamper actually important characters, they are not worthy of being carried. Let Emma and her unworthy, totally undeserved push fade into oblivion.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    This all day long!
    I got the feeling with X-Men Black Emma Frost that they were implying that she wanted to take the Hellfire Club in a new direction, plus stop Shaw from putting money and resources into anti-mutant weapon technology (Sentinels). I wouldn't mind her creating an alternative X-Team or rebuilding the Hellions, but not as villains, just a more anti-hero perspective. They could even have Emma being more political with her Hellfire Club clout trying to get politicians on side to stop anti-mutant bills from being passed into law.

I got the feeling from her X-Men Black appearance that they weren't putting her out there as a villain exactly, just someone who uses different means than the proponents of the Xavier Dream crap. I like the touch at the end of the comic where she sends all of the X-Men individual gift baskets, like she's saying, "Hey I know you don't agree with my ruthless methods, but I am still mostly on your side, and I am not your enemy."

I think she is supposed to be helping Jessica Jones for a couple if issues in the Purple Daughter storyline and that's happening concurrently with the new run of Uncanny X-Men.

BANNED

she should be with Banshee and be momma and poppa bear to all grown up Gen X

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Emma can be entertaining. She should appear somewhere regularly. However, I don't think she should be directly under the X-Men. Having her as the ultimate leader of the Hellfire Club is a great idea and feels like where the character should be. Let her become a highly-influential character within the X-Men's world, with her helping them as she sees fit.

Should she appear in every issue of some book? Yes. As an X-Man? I think it's fine if she does, but her current role actually opens up more of that potential and newness I keep asking for with ALL of the characters. It is potentially a great new status quo.

The one drawback I see to her not being an X-Man is that it ultimately means the editors decided she should be out of the way so that Punch Lasers can pretend the last 15 years of stories didn't happen. This means Emma won't be occupying him and, in effect, shielding Jean Grey.
    That would require Marvel to create a HFC ongoing or something to the effect of X:Black as an ongoing which I can't see happening. If they do it great. The likelihood is somewhere between zero and none.

If you really want to shake up the status quo and spin off X-Men to start new things, you should be starting with the o5 who's been under the X-Banner the longest, or the ANAD team. That would be a major change. Emma's only really been in the X-Club since the mid-90's.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Do we really want to trust Marvel to handle Emma with another class of students on her own. The ideas fine, perfect in fact, in theory. In practice her track record is not good when trying to solo teaching gigs. At least if she's on the front lines, or around the front lines, it will be that much tougher for another class to get killed off so Emma can have yet another emotional meltdown.

I don't trust anything Marvel will do with Emma that doesn't involve putting an X on her chest.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Why on Earth would EMMA want to work with the X-Men?

There's no way in hell she'd want to go anywhere near Jeansus' Hate Machines/CompassionFTW!!! shtick.

Emma and Scott are villains. Let’s keep it that way.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

It depends on the circumstances. I'm all for Emma Frost interacting with her fellow Children of the Atom, but I'm in no rush for her to be slotted back on an active X-Men roster.

I really like what Leah Williams set in place with X-Men Black, and I like the idea of her re-purposing the Hellfire Club. I'm all for gathering allies among the X-Men too, with some of them defecting to be at her side. I'd love nothing more than to see some of her past students join her, alongside Banshee and Danger.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I don't think that Emma gels well with the X-men as a team member. I think the issue now is that she wouldn't be trusted on either side. Heroes will remember what's she's done since being on the X-men, and the villains won't trust her because of her time with the X-men.