View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Just bc you were claiming to be oblivious to it, doesnt mean it didnt happen

Just one? Here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4027407

Of course. I just thought it was ridiculous for anyone to claim that there werent fans of Emma or Scott whom hated on those characters. A statement like that feels like trolling

Jean isnt a mass murderer. At best the D'Bari incident was a result of negligence. Murder requires intent and there was no intent to kill on her part. It was an unforseen consequence of her needing to power herself up in the middle of space. She didnt set out to kill those aliens and wasnt even aware of it until it was presented to her. I also ont think anyone ignores or forgets it; it happened and is brought up but there is context behind that which you ignore when you simply label her a mass murderer when that wasnt the case.
    It was a form of sexual gratification (masturbation) for the ultimate cosmic orgasm according Claremont. But yes it was unintentional those life forms did not register to the PF.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-20-2019 at 10:48 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I'm kinda lost. What's the current argument?
    It's 2004 and everything's Emma's fault.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I'm excited for her new role, I hope they can balance her and make her appealing and not 1-dimensionally "evil" though

So no I don't want her back on the X-Men I want to find out more about her new role to be honest, but sure at some future time I guess X-Men as an ally at the least or neutral etc
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Ok so all the Xavier, Logan, Beast, Storm, Jean and Kitty hate is valid legitimate criticism but the Cyclops and Emma hate is just pure vitriol. Got it!
    Maybe I wasn't clear. There's legitimate criticism of all the characters mentioned that posters do bring up. Some don't bother and go straight to irrational hate. Fan's of all the characters mentioned have been guilty of that but their mostly just troublemakers who get themselves banned eventually anyway. Those of us who have stuck around have done so because we are citing legitimate criticisms of the characters.

So it's confirmed...

spoilers:
    Emma's definitely showing up in Uncanny 17 & 18! I haven't been this excited for Uncanny in a long time. I sure hope Rosenburg nails it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear. There's legitimate criticism of all the characters mentioned that posters do bring up. Some don't bother and go straight to irrational hate. Fan's of all the characters mentioned have been guilty of that but their mostly just troublemakers who get themselves banned eventually anyway. Those of us who have stuck around have done so because we are citing legitimate criticisms of the characters.
    Yep, it was pretty clear to everyone (I thought) what you meant.

So it's confirmed...

spoilers:
    Emma's definitely showing up in Uncanny 17 & 18! I haven't been this excited for Uncanny in a long time. I sure hope Rosenburg nails it.
    end of spoilers
    I'm gonna stick it out a little longer, #12 wasn't the hot mess I was worried it was gonna be.

So it's confirmed...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think only 18 (at least in an important role, maybe 17 at the end to tease 18) based off of how solicits seem to be going now.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I think only 18 (at least in an important role, maybe 17 at the end to tease 18) based off of how solicits seem to be going now.
    Rosenberg post on twitter, seems like Emma is on 18, not 17

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yep, it was pretty clear to everyone (I thought) what you meant.

I'm gonna stick it out a little longer, #12 wasn't the hot mess I was worried it was gonna be.
    Same just for Emma. This week issue was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I love it! Jessica Jones actually shows Emma wanting to help Jessica against the villain of the book. I am so glad they are keeping Emma as a more heroic character especially in her interactions with heroes outside the X-books.
    I heard she was going to be in her book. Been travelling so is hard to get comics, do you know the number of issues that she will be in?

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I heard she was going to be in her book. Been travelling so is hard to get comics, do you know the number of issues that she will be in?
    It's out in digital the second release. But it's out in trade in April. She'll be in the next issue too.

It's really about women helping women

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Emma makes her move, an X-Man dies pretty much instantly. Guess that'll be that.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Emma makes her move, an X-Man dies pretty much instantly. Guess that'll be that.
    According to the solicit, you`ve got the order backwards. I hope that makes all the difference.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

According to the solicit, you`ve got the order backwards. I hope that makes all the difference.
    Yikes, you're right. My bad. I was looking at the cover. Guessing they're in the wrong order on Newsrama?

Amazing Member

Jean isnt a mass murderer. At best the D'Bari incident was a result of negligence. Murder requires intent and there was no intent to kill on her part. It was an unforseen consequence of her needing to power herself up in the middle of space. She didnt set out to kill those aliens and wasnt even aware of it until it was presented to her. I also ont think anyone ignores or forgets it; it happened and is brought up but there is context behind that which you ignore when you simply label her a mass murderer when that wasnt the case.
    Whether you want to use the term mass murderer or not doesn't change anything. She still killed those mofos in cold blood! and calling it a "result of negligence" is a hell of an understatement lol

But I'm aware she was possessed and I wasn't bashing her for no reason. That post was concerning an earlier topic

Now as for Emma, yes I would like to see her in the books again. She's fun to read and she's pretty funny. I didn't realize how much I missed her presence and her snarky ass comments until she was gone
    Last edited by DragonflyJones; 02-20-2019 at 09:25 PM.