View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    PsychoEFrost, did you read Purple Daughter? I loved her portrayal in that, I bought the digital comic and wow Emma was really great in it. Jessica thought that Emma was helping her reluctantly but even when it was all just about a favor at the beginning Emma was still "are you sure you don't want me to come with you and help?". Haha, and when Emma shows up in the 2nd chapter standing beside Jessica all badass against the Purple Children, I thought that was awesome.

I kind of want Emma as a recurring character in JJ now, because the JJ writer Kelly Thompson seems to actually like Emma.

Purple Daughter is just a 3 issue mini-series, it's a deluxe book with 2 chapters in each book. Emma's first appearance is in Issue #2, Chapter 2, and she returns in Chapter 3. Since it ends on a cliffhanger Emma should be showing up in the last issue as well.
    https://comicstore.marvel.com/Jessic...-series/121277
    Read it, loved it, and it pissed me off how the non X-Books (War of the Realms, JJ) treat Emma leagues better than the nostalgia factory editorial with the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Read it, loved it, and it pissed me off how the non X-Books (War of the Realms, JJ) treat Emma leagues better than the nostalgia factory editorial with the X-Men.
    Seem to be something that is turning into a trend, many Rogue fans loved Duggan version for what i heard and Web of V'Nam has a better Wolverine than almost anything that came from the X-Office in the last decade with him.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Seem to be something that is turning into a trend, many Rogue fans loved Duggan version for what i heard and Web of V'Nam has a better Wolverine than almost anything that came from the X-Office in the last decade with him.
    And Brisson did the best Sabertooth in Iron Fist than Pak did in 27 issues for the X-Office.

Sunspot did well in Avengers, and has been MIA sine the X-Office got him back.

Some Storm fans say she's treated 10x better in Black Panther.

So this isn't just with Emma when it comes to good treatment outside of X-Books for certain characters.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-22-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    who cares about modern Claremont? Leah's writing is nothing to write home about whatsoever and she did not take Emma in a good direction at all. Hughes' variants sell consistently excellent for decades and Bachalo is one of the most renowned X-artists ever.
    There wasn't a big difference between Magneto and Emma one-shot sales.

while i think it is well written, I don't think Leah has maturity to helm x-universe and a ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Teen Cyclops was better off with the Champions. The X-office are their ow enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There wasn't a big difference between Magneto and Emma one-shot sales.

while i think it is well written, I don't think Leah has maturity to helm x-universe and a ongoing
    Magneto is a strong character and well known. For Emma's one shot to do as good is actually saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Magneto is a strong character and well known. For Emma's one shot to do as good is actually saying something.
    Emma got the sportlight for more than a decade, it really makes up for it

The fact she is operating outside of X-Men in of itself happens to be a big deal. She kinda can stand out in the Avengers books without dealing with the typical racist pricks screaming she needs to die in space with Loki and Ms.Marvel.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Maybe if you stopped paying attention to the character after 1987...
    I didn't know Death of X and IvX happened before 1987???
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I didn't know Death of X and IvX happened before 1987???
    You mean the events where Emma saved mutant kind (including Storm) from being gassed to death?

You mean the events where Emma saved mutant kind (including Storm) from being gassed to death?
    Those event are totally cannon !

Emma saved the mutantkind either you like it or not.

The cloud killed so many mutants that Emma killing a few of inhumans didn't equal the hundreds of innocent mutants who die.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post

The cloud killed so many mutants that Emma killing a few of inhumans didn't equal the hundreds of innocent mutants who die.
    Even then, the deaths at the end are highly questionable. Either they were military personnel on a battlefield (hence the Inhumans calling those machines "War Zeppelins"), or Medusa brought civilians to a battlefield, which is a high war crime. That area was a battlefield until Medusa destroyed the cloud.

Jessica Jones was fantastic, I didn't know Emma was in "War of the Realms" though, should I be picking that title up?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Jessica Jones was fantastic, I didn't know Emma was in "War of the Realms" though, should I be picking that title up?
    Eh, it's okay. She has some great scenes, but overall the event is kind of meh.