View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Do we really want to trust Marvel to handle Emma with another class of students on her own. The ideas fine, perfect in fact, in theory. In practice her track record is not good when trying to solo teaching gigs. At least if she's on the front lines, or around the front lines, it will be that much tougher for another class to get killed off so Emma can have yet another emotional meltdown.

I don't trust anything Marvel will do with Emma that doesn't involve putting an X on her chest.
    I'm curious on what she should have done to stop Cassandra from destroying Genosha? Since you seem to imply her students dying there was her fault.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Why on Earth would EMMA want to work with the X-Men?

There's no way in hell she'd want to go anywhere near Jeansus' Hate Machines/CompassionFTW!!! shtick.
    Well after that stunt she pulled in her black issue where she lied and used the X-men to take over the HFC they would be absolute fools to take her back. They could never trust her, always wondering when she is going to screw them over for her own ends. Because with her her it's not a question of if but when. The X-men should keep an eye on her and if they even suspect that she's up to no good (which is the norm her her) then they should take her down hard and dismantle the HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Well after that stunt she pulled in her black issue where she lied and used the X-men to take over the HFC they would be absolute fools to take her back. They could never trust her, always wondering when she is going to screw them over for her own ends. Because with her her it's not a question of if but when. The X-men should keep an eye on her and if they even suspect that she's up to no good (which is the norm her her) then they should take her down hard and dismantle the HFC.
    What's the weather like back in 1988?

BANNED

Do people still want to read about a cunty rich white elitist whose defining characteristic is some tired mean girl act? Just let her fade away along with those musty vintage furs and cheap blue lipstick.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 02-03-2019 at 11:18 AM.

The level of hate heading Emma's way in this thread is impressive. For a character not in any book right now, she sure is on a lot of people's minds.

Haters gonna hate.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I don't disagree with your reasoning. Problem is, Iceman was all "Sit down Kitty, Ems' is here on guest-starring duty, you know my book doesn't sell, please go away" when Kitty tried to enforce it. Not to mention, Jeansus' current "you get a pardon, you get a pardon, you get a pardon!" attitude basically makes it a moot point by now.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'm curious on what she should have done to stop Cassandra from destroying Genosha? Since you seem to imply her students dying there was her fault.
    There wasn't anything she could have done. I didn't blame Emma. I said Marvel hasn't given her a good track record. Do you really want to give them another kick at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Do people still want to read about a cunty rich white elitist whos defining characteristic is some tired mean girl act?
    I mean we're still treated to Quentin Quire

There wasn't anything she could have done. I didn't blame Emma. I said Marvel hasn't given her a good track record. Do you really want to give them another kick at it?
    Not while Jordan White has any say in the matter, no. Maybe if someone who wasn't trying to regress the X-Men 30 years into the past was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Why on Earth would EMMA want to work with the X-Men?

There's no way in hell she'd want to go anywhere near Jeansus' Hate Machines/CompassionFTW!!! shtick.
    That's beside the point. The question was do you want her on an X-Team or not. I'm asking the fans their opinion, not what the character may wish.

In my way of thinking, if a character isn't on an X-Team in an ongoing, they are well on their way to obscurity, misuse, and likely the dustbin or death.

Depends on the state of the X-Men. Of course I would love to read again a book with characters like Scott, Emma, Logan and Jean on it, or a similar concept to the X-Tinction team, but I think we're past that, and if the books keep getting as shitty as they are, just let her on her own I guess, less damage that way for her.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

That's beside the point. The question was do you want her on an X-Team or not. I'm asking the fans their opinion, not what the character may wish.

In my way of thinking, if a character isn't on an X-Team in an ongoing, they are well on their way to obscurity, misuse, and likely the dustbin or death.
    I don't think they are going to have her be a villain. I think the X-Men Black series was showing these darker characters anti-heroes and villains on a sliding scale. I would say Emma was the one closest to the X-Men still > Magneto > Mystique > Mojo > Apocalypse

To me Emma was being portrayed as the one who could still actually be an ally to the X-Men and not an outright enemy. Magneto is trying to stop the horrible future where the Reaver virus causes the destruction of mutantkind, Mystique is an outright terrorist whose actual motives I cannot understand at all, Mojo is still a weird crazy X-Villain, and Apocalypse is Apocalypse as usual.

I would like to see Emma get her own book, loosely associated with the X-Men, but on her own doing things her own way. Have some X-members decide to go with Emma and leave the X-Men, this way she isn't acting solo and has people in her book to give some different opinions. I guess the only problem with an anti-hero book is that it is only as good as the writer, if the writer can't find the voices of the characters the book is going to die.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

The same can be said of Mystique, or does nothing but make fools of everyone around her with no kind of comeuppance. Yet people still bother with her. Hell Rogue allowed her at her wedding, and hugged her I think. The same woman who raped her now husband. Then again, maybe Rogue doesn't know about that. But she does know Mystique is a piece of dog ****.

Mystique is a bigger offense than Emma. lol

Yes Emma as actual an Xman is one best additions to X-men. People don't seem to realize that drama push these books so you need characters don't get along or have their own agenda which is Early Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine, Quentin Quire and Emma are great on the X-men. Without certain character types you have bunch of people who always get along and who always do the right thing. Emma along with X-23 and grow up Magik are best X-men additions in 2000s.

People can say what they want but most interesting personal interactions the X-men can give us is stuff between Emma,Scott and Jean. It is interesting as hell if Scott and Emma are legit together and Jean is around,It is interesting Jean and Scott start to get back together and Emma is around. It is interesting everyone Jean,Scott, Emma and Logan are all in relationships not with each but around each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't think they are going to have her be a villain. I think the X-Men Black series was showing these darker characters anti-heroes and villains on a sliding scale. I would say Emma was the one closest to the X-Men still > Magneto > Mystique > Mojo > Apocalypse

To me Emma was being portrayed as the one who could still actually be an ally to the X-Men and not an outright enemy. Magneto is trying to stop the horrible future where the Reaver virus causes the destruction of mutantkind, Mystique is an outright terrorist whose actual motives I cannot understand at all, Mojo is still a weird crazy X-Villain, and Apocalypse is Apocalypse as usual.

I would like to see Emma get her own book, loosely associated with the X-Men, but on her own doing things her own way. Have some X-members decide to go with Emma and leave the X-Men, this way she isn't acting solo and has people in her book to give some different opinions. I guess the only problem with an anti-hero book is that it is only as good as the writer, if the writer can't find the voices of the characters the book is going to die.
    What you're describing is another Schism. I didn't like the first one. I'm not interested in another.

Show me an example of an X-men character that went dark and got a non-X-Men book? Or how about just give me an example of one who went darker, left the X-books and it ended well.

Ray's a perfect example of how characters that struggle to find consistent ongoing appearances for long stretches end up in bad places. Obviously she has more issues than just her appearances, but I think that's a big part of it. She was at her best on Excalibur where she'd had consistent appearances pretty much since she premiered excepting the break with Spiral, and once she jumped the time stream shark, she hasn't been treated the same since by Marvel writers.