Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Daughters of the Dragon (Misty Knight & Colleen Wing) Appreciation (2019)

NOTE: This thread is to serve as continuation of the previous "Misty Knight & Colleen Wing: Daughters of the Dragon Appreciation 2018" thread, which can be found at
    From the previous version (originally created by Project Initiative Cascada back in September of 2015):
    Wow! I assumed we already had an appreciation for the daughters but I was wrong. Here we are to appreciate the critically underrated and greatest martial artists in the Marvel universe, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing! Since they are usually paired together in most of their appearances, I thought it would be best to make this a dual thread for both of them.

As many of you have already found out today <NOTE: posted 09-02-2015>, Misty is finally getting her first live action portrayal by Simone Missick. Colleen's casting can't be far behind!

What do you think of the Daughters? Let the appreciation commence!
    NOTE: While Colleen Wing's first appearance was in an Iron Fist story in Marvel Premiere #19 (November 1974) followed by Misty Knight in issue #21 (though she is listed as having a cameo appearance in Marvel Team-Up #1 cover-dated March 1972 where she is not named), the name "Daughters of the Dragon" appears to have been first featured in the b&w comic magazine Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #32 (January 1977).

Always liked this dynamic duo! They had lots of personality and fit well together.

Although the 1970's through 2000"s, I don't believe they were featured all that much. Occasionally here and there, like Marvel Team-Up or an issue of X-Men or Heroes for Hire. But nothing monthly as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Although the 1970's through 2000"s, I don't believe they were featured all that much. Occasionally here and there, like Marvel Team-Up or an issue of X-Men or Heroes for Hire. But nothing monthly as far as I know.
    As a feature, they were in The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #32-33 and in Bizarre Adventures #25 (b&w magazines), as well as in occasional issues of Marvel Comics Presents according to the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    As a feature, they were in The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #32-33 and in Bizarre Adventures #25 (b&w magazines), as well as in occasional issues of Marvel Comics Presents according to the GCD.

Yep, got me that Bizarre Adventures above! (Also #27 featuring Jean Grey Phoenix vs Attuma!)

From back in 1977,

from Marvel Comics Presents #42 (1990), story by Jo Duffy; pencils by Chris Tsuda; inks by Dan Adkins.

Gotta love the brand-name of the cigarettes . . .