see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Default What Happened to Batman Creature of The Night #4?

I haven't heard any news about the final issue forever. Anybody knows what happened to this title? Better yet any news on Snyder's Last Knight on Earth mini-series?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'll believe it when I see it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I don't think Snyder or Capullo have made any mention of Last Knight On Earth for a while, though I think at this point they're focusing on getting Three Jokers and Superman Year One out first (and also making sure nothing else with Black Label) before fully committing to a release for the other series.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I don't think Snyder or Capullo have made any mention of Last Knight On Earth for a while, though I think at this point they're focusing on getting Three Jokers and Superman Year One out first (and also making sure nothing else with Black Label) before fully committing to a release for the other series.
    Actually, Capullo has been releasing teaser images for Last Knight for quite some time now. He does it every couple of days right now.

https://twitter.com/GregCapullo/stat...23713801711616

https://twitter.com/GregCapullo/stat...334529/photo/1
    Last edited by Batknight; 02-03-2019 at 12:16 AM.

How did we go from "Creature of The Night " to "Last Knight On Earth"?
    (Or are you referring to something in the Bleeding Cool-linked story without mentioning it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    Actually, Capullo has been releasing teaser images for Last Knight for quite some time now. He does it every couple of days right now.

https://twitter.com/GregCapullo/stat...23713801711616

https://twitter.com/GregCapullo/stat...334529/photo/1
    Ahh may bad, well that's good to see at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How did we go from "Creature of The Night " to "Last Knight On Earth"?
    (Or are you referring to something in the Bleeding Cool-linked story without mentioning it?)
    The original OP also asked if we had heard any news on Last Knight On Earth, which is why I said they seem to be waiting for some of the other Black Labels to come out first. I haven't heard anything about Creature Of The Night, but with that AND Batman And The Outsiders, what is going on with the Batman minis getting screwed over lately?

Ahh may bad, well that's good to see at least.

The original OP also asked if we had heard any news on Last Knight On Earth, which is why I said they seem to be waiting for some of the other Black Labels to come out first. I haven't heard anything about Creature Of The Night, but with that AND Batman And The Outsiders, what is going on with the Batman minis getting screwed over lately?
    Thanks everyone for the information!

I agree the Batman minis are in a weird place, I even heard rumors of a final Morrison Batman mini where it's focused on Batman 666; but who knows if we ever see that.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 02-03-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I even heard rumors of a final Morrison Batman mini where it's focused on Batman 666; but who know if we ever see that.
    Isn't that the Arkham Asylum sequel, with Chris Burnham on art? The latest thing I can find about that with a quick online search is an interview with Burnham from last summer where he says they're going to do it, but haven't started work yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Isn't that the Arkham Asylum sequel, with Chris Burnham on art? The latest thing I can find about that with a quick online search is an interview with Burnham from last summer where he says they're going to do it, but haven't started work yet.
    I didn't realize it was supposed to be a sequel to Arkham Asylum. I wonder why Morrison decided to do that, he doesn't seem like one for cash in sequels.

My working assumption is that it isn't a cash-in sequel and he actually has some ideas he's excited about. Morrison can pretty much do whatever he wants now, and mostly does.

Honestly, I'm a little perplexed that it's being billed as such, since from what little I've heard of it, it seems more like a sequel to Batman 666. And Burnham is about as far in his style from Dave McKean as you can get.

I mean, whatever, it's Morrison and Burnham, I'm in on day one if it ever actually happens.