Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I feel WW1 works better. Theres surprisingly few heroes in The Great War whereas WW2 has Superhumans by the armful. Also ties into the recent Emancipation of wonen and their rise in the workforce. Plus WW1 was when the last vestiges of the Victorian era died, mysticism, chivalry etc and Diana can represent that to a degree, the last of a classical Era fighting back in the first truly industrialised war.

Personally I like the idea of both, though I prefer Wonder Woman to be a hero with a lengthy history. Have her start out in ww1. Have her get her bearings. Give her some fun villains. Then when WW2 rolls around you can have her nazi villains start coming out of the woodwork and taking central focus.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Surprise! It was still raised as a point of criticism by a lot of people.

To me, that criticism missed the point in several ways. One is that a lot of the elements used by both Captain America and Wonder Woman are common story elements used in lots of war and action movies. Another is that many of the elements were mixed up, and used in different fashions. The third is that even if Wonder Woman copied various beats and elements from Captain America, to me the Wonder Woman movie executed those beats much better.
    Nevermind it's not important
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 02-09-2019 at 09:39 PM.

All-New Member

Neither. Maybe it's because I'm just bored of the world wars.

I wished she had visited the Underworld or stayed on Themysirca and we got to see more of her world. They could have easily talked about "love" and "sisterhood" and "the world being morally grey" in any setting, but at least we'd have the chance to see more spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    I thought the reason the movie was set in World War 1 so it wouldn't be criticized for copying Captain America.
    I don't think so... I think it was to have a more ambiguous 'bad guy' in the war... less straight forward than Hitler and Nazi's of WWII.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.