Default Are they ever going to release a Batman Bronze/Silver age Omnibus?

I've recently started purchasing the Batman Omnibus's I've got the first two for the Golden Age and I've got the two Brave and the Bold omnibus's as well however I'm interested in reading stories about villains like the Spook and I know he appeared in the Bronze Age(or silver age I'm not sure) however I can't find an Omnibus that would likely have the Spook in it are they planning to release such a collection in the future that might include the Spook comics or does Golden include 50s to 70s and I just was not aware?

Incredible Member

DC have said with Batman (as well as Superman & Wonder Woman) that they won't be releasing Silver or Bronze Age omnibuses until the Golden Age ones are released (which for Batman have been approx. 2 per year on the current schedule)

DC have released some Silver Age Batman material in the Batman/Superman: Worlds Finest Omni and Bronze Age Batman in the Brave & the Bold, Batgirl & upcoming Joker omnis but sadly nothing from this period of the main Batman/Detective Comics runs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    DC have said with Batman (as well as Superman & Wonder Woman) that they won't be releasing Silver or Bronze Age omnibuses until the Golden Age ones are released (which for Batman have been approx. 2 per year on the current schedule)

DC have released some Silver Age Batman material in the Batman/Superman: Worlds Finest Omni and Bronze Age Batman in the Brave & the Bold, Batgirl & upcoming Joker omnis but sadly nothing from this period of the main Batman/Detective Comics runs
    I'd to re-issue some Neal Adams collections with decent coloring.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    If you mean the original colouring, then I completely agree. The re-colourings, or over-colourings as I think I of them, from all modern collections (I think they were done in the 90s?) look awful.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    If you mean the original colouring, then I completely agree. The re-colourings, or over-colourings as I think I of them, from all modern collections (I think they were done in the 90s?) look awful.
    The Neal Adams issues in the Bronze Age Batman the Brave & the Bold used the original artwork so there's hope that the Batman omnibuses will do the same when they reach that point

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    The Neal Adams collections should be re-issued in black-and-white. Ordinarily, I don't care of those (Marvel does a lot of them), but in Adams' case, it would be a great opportunity to really appreciate the beauty and simplicity of the inked pencils. I have the portfolio from George Perez on the covers of the Robin-->Nightwing progression in Titans and Batbooks. They are beyond beautiful, and there is no much detail that gets buried under coloring--or re-coloring.

Incredible Member

I would definitely be down for some Bronze age omnibuses.

Retired

The Neal Adams collections should be re-issued in black-and-white. Ordinarily, I don't care of those (Marvel does a lot of them), but in Adams' case, it would be a great opportunity to really appreciate the beauty and simplicity of the inked pencils. I have the portfolio from George Perez on the covers of the Robin-->Nightwing progression in Titans and Batbooks. They are beyond beautiful, and there is no much detail that gets buried under coloring--or re-coloring.
    The problem is that Adams changed the inks. I was going to get the SHOWCASE PRESENTS volumes, because I thought they'd be true to the original comics, but then I realized they were using the same re-inked pages as those deluxe volumes. So I haven't bothered to get any of the SPs with Adams art.