Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Isnt this basically what Batman Beyond is?

I'm all for the idea. These characters are large enough to have multiple iterations and already do. One more that has even more creative freedom and a really good foundation to build on? Sure, why the hell not?
    Heh. I came on to this thread to propose an "Elseworld" story that was going to be a thinly disguised re-telling of Batman Beyond. You beat me to the punch. But, still, if they don't want to do a "real" Batman series, how about one set in the future with an old, retired Bruce Wayne and a young kid who accidentally discovers the Batman secret and then steals the last high-tech Bat-Suit to avenge the death of his father? Ratings gold!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

To answer the threads question more directly:

it depends on which Elsworld's they are basing it on. I love 'The Batman of Arkham' by Alan Grant which is set in the year 1900 and Bruce is a psychiatrist by day and by night he is Batman. He is fair and compassionate towards his patients (most of whom he captured himself) and some that he has managed to rehabilitate (like Killer Croc for instance). Crane is his assistant who wants to impose harsher punishments on the Arkham inmates. Joker is his archnemesis spreading a new strain of madness through his Joker serum and is the catalyst for Bruce's own personal demons to come out from beneath the surface. I would love to see this one get adapted like Gotham by Gaslight was.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    my elseworld would be what if bruce had a younger sister just born before the death of his parents. How would that change the things he does. Also instead of dick being adopted by bruce he was adopted by the original black canary and her detective husband and became the defacto brother of the current black canary.
    To do that, you would have to first remind people what Black Canary's origin (her best origin) is supposed to be. It's muddied now between the tv show making her into Rachel Dawes and the current comics tying her into Team 7. Still I would love to see her actual origin by Conway and Alan Brennert adapted on screen someday.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I liked Generations, but I think that went as far as it could skipping ahead. Maybe a book could flesh out the eras could work.
    I would love to see an adaptation of Superman/Batman: Generations. A mini series ala Gods and Monsters. Only the first Generations though.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Retired

Many an Elseworlds has been virtually an extended series. There was Byrne's GENERATIONS, Chaykin and Brereton's THRILLKILLER, Miller's DARK KNIGHT, Ross and Waid's KINGDOM COME, Moench and Jones' RED RAIN, Harris and Jolley's LIBERTY FILES, Augustyn and Mignola's GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT, Cooke's THE NEW FRONTIER.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Depending on The Elseworld. What I'm interested to read is fantasy medieval Dark Knight.