Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default How do you feel about non-mutants becoming X-Men?

Either temporarily or permanently (or at least as permanently as you can be in modern comics).

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I'd be all for it, but I think it depends on the circumstances and the characters on an individual basis.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I'm into it, but not all Avengers work as X-Men.

Wonder Man, Blade, Hulk, Tigra, Hercules, Living Lightning, Firebird, Machine Man, Spider-Woman Julia Carpenter, Manifold

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I like it a lot.
    But big names like Cap, Tony Stark or Thor could be complicated, little, less know characters could be better

Let Black Bolt join the X-Men.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Honorary X-Men, maybe? Unless you mean like, Avengers or something?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Depends. If they're not Earth natives and didn't spend an entire year pretending nothing was wrong/preaching inaction while mutantkind was choking to death than yeah, sure, the more merrier. Otherwise, they can kindly effff off with that fair-weather friend BS.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm a big proponent of superpowered non-mutants joining the X-Men's cause. Even if it's a villain who joins the side of the angels as an X-man. Injustice, especially social injustice, usually invites a coalition of individuals from different backgrounds to combat it. Every push for change, every grass movement has characters from all swaths and all cloths united to fight the good fight. It's never made up of just the minority or affected group.

So yes, I'd love to see an X team with capable non-mutants. I have a few names in mind already, if you want to see a list. Let me know.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I'm not in favor of it. Humanity already has several groups that are dedicated to defending them. Mutants have one. You start dropping in non-mutants, before you know it, mutants lose their only advocates. Beyond that, I think the X-Men work best as a home for marginalized characters. Very rarely are you going to find a mutate that is marginalized like mutants have been, simply because the public of the MU doesn't look at them the same.

It depends. I can easily see any character who comes from a marginalized group whether or not they are mutants, characters who have close relationships with mutant characters, or a history working with X-Men besides just team-ups with Wolverine.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Depends on the character. I've liked a lot of the alien members and allies, Longshot, Warlock, Hepzibah, Ariel, Abigail Brand. But I'm glad that Kid Gladiator and Warbird went back to Chandilar.

Folks like Carol Danvers who will take the side of the Avengers or the US government over the X-Men can miss me with that conditional allyship.

Karima Shapdandar is the only Sentinel I have ever liked on the X-men, and that's because being a sentinel wasn't something she chose, it was something forced on her against her will and she specifically didn't wear purple or pink

No flat-scans.

But seriously, I'd love for Monica to some how be included in some kind of X-Men story again, but on their side this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I'm not in favor of it. Humanity already has several groups that are dedicated to defending them. Mutants have one. You start dropping in non-mutants, before you know it, mutants lose their only advocates. Beyond that, I think the X-Men work best as a home for marginalized characters. Very rarely are you going to find a mutate that is marginalized like mutants have been, simply because the public of the MU doesn't look at them the same.
    The Marvel Universe still has racism, sexism, and every other kind of hateful -ism that we have in the real world. The marginalized exist in the MU. Just look no further than Blue Marvel. But even if mutants were the only hated group, you'd still have decent human beings rallying to their cause. It would be wrong of mutants not to accept their aid and support. After all, they are fighting for a world where inclusivity, interdependence and mutual respect in one another's dignity are common fair. The X-Men would be the biggest hypocrites for maintaining and promoting teams that deliberately exclude non-mutants.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I'm into it, but not all Avengers work as X-Men.

Wonder Man, Blade, Hulk, Tigra, Hercules, Living Lightning, Firebird, Machine Man, Spider-Woman Julia Carpenter, Manifold
    Considering how close Wonder Man and the Beast used to be in the Avengers, it's kind of ridiculous that Simon never visited him and helped out as an X-Man.

~James Baldwin

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Considering how well it exemplifies the dream, I'm very much in favor of it. Past staff/associates like Amanda Sefton, Stevie Hunter, Sharon Friedlander, Moira MacTaggart, etc were valuable parts of the cast. Some interesting candidates:

Wonder Man - his friendship with Beast would make the two of them an easy and fun pair on a team (X-Factor?)
    Crystal - her past marriages show that she isn't as insular as a lot of Inhumans have been depicted (X-Factor?)
    Sersi - her bohemian personality would make a fun addition to a powerhouse team, and she'd be pretty sympathetic to the cause
    Jack Power - Past friend/ally to the X-Men would be good on a school book
    Smasher - Human, imperial guard member, wife to Cannonball. She could be a liason with the Shiar and the school/organization.
    Union Jack - Excalibur?
    Amanda Sefton - Past ally, former love interest for Kurt, sorceress
    Last edited by mikelmcknight72; 02-03-2019 at 09:08 PM. Reason: typo