Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I guess I'm also in the camp for a Miles Morales series. It just seems like the thing to do. We've had Peter and unless they decide to age him up, I'm just not real excited for another series where he's in high school.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    People keep shitting on Spiderman Unlimited forgetting that it was devised as a 2099 Cartoon but the Executives had a full on meltdown that it didn't involve the classic Spiderman stuff so did a ludicrous hatchet job on it
    I didn't hate it. I think it's a fun show and certainly not the worst. It has its problems, but it's hard for me to hate something that gave being something new a shot.

iMan 42s

Spider-Man:Unlimited was just poor timing.

Batman Beyond had at this point just happened and the proposed villain (an evil Peter Parker who became Venom) was the final bad guy of the prior series (Spider-Carnage but you get the idea). At this point you also had the then recent wounds left by the Clone Saga where they tried replacing Peter with himself and it didn't work. You also had a faltering toy line and the Rami Spider-man film was in production.

It was just poor timing to do anything like Spider-man 2099 especially seeing as the Raimi movie was about to happen and your child audience might not know if they should be rooting for who is all intents and purposes the bad guy on that cartoon they watch.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

And to further compound matters, Pokemon just happened to be on the other side.

Mighty Member

You know what, the next Spider-Man series needs a lack of corporate meddling! Everything Spider-Man related that was good ended up being screwed by corporate politics! Venom was forced into Spider-Man 3 when the director had no plans for him, making the movie a convoluted mess. Toy companies ruling what happens on a cartoon because they make toys prematurely. And we all know what happened to Spectacular!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know what, the next Spider-Man series needs a lack of corporate meddling! Everything Spider-Man related that was good ended up being screwed by corporate politics! Venom was forced into Spider-Man 3 when the director had no plans for him, making the movie a convoluted mess. Toy companies ruling what happens on a cartoon because they make toys prematurely. And we all know what happened to Spectacular!
    That is all overstating the matter. John Semper the showrunner for Fox Spider-Man said that he had complete freedom to do what he wanted on the show. The only thing he had a problem with was Hobgoblin since he hated the character and saw him as a replacement for Norman and he wanted the Green Goblin first and foremost.

Greg Weisman also said that The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon for its 2 seasons was entirely up to him and came out how he wrote them. The show got screwed over thanks to the Disney/Marvel buyout which led to a renegotiation of rights with Sony where in exchange for holding on to the movie rights, they had to allow Disney to get TV animation rights at least for the traditional 20min episode genre.

In the case of Spider-Man 3, sure Venom was the decision that Avi Arad made, but Sam Raimi is responsible for the Harry Osborn plot and Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer. In terms of the problems of Spider-Man 3 having too many villains...Raimi is as much responsible as anyone. When he was told that he had to do Venom, he should have dropped Sandman, downgraded Harry Osborn, and focused on Venom. Regardless of how Raimi felt about Venom, and something which I do as well, he's the biggest villain since Steve Ditko left. He's an iconic character and certainly the third major enemy after Goblin and Octopus, so Venom was certainly from a production/story perspective a logical progress...whereas Sandman and Harry Osborn aren't characters who can carry a movie on their own. So sure there are problems with Spider-Man 3 but not all of it is because of Venom. Raimi could also have gone in another direction and used Mysterio which he was setting up with Bruce Campbell...but Spider-Man 3 nor his planned idea for Spider-Man 4 eschewed Mysterio.

Spider-Man Unlimited and the MTV Spider-Man was definitely the result of corporate malfeasance. Like the MTV Spider-Man was this bizarre thing where they had an embargo on villains they could use...so they had to come up with original character stand-ins. And what they did was Silver Sable, Kingpin (as in Michael Clarke Duncan's Kingpin from the Batfleck Daredevil), and the finale had Kraven the Hunter (who is bizarrely in continuity with his appearance in the Xbox-only port of the Spider-Man 1 Movie game). Originally the MTV Spider-Man was to be a legitimate text-to-screen translation of Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man but then they decided to make the characters into college kids, and then they decided to make it sort of in-continuity to Spider-Man 1 and then it becomes this own thing with no ties to any comic or movie version...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I guess I'm also in the camp for a Miles Morales series. It just seems like the thing to do. We've had Peter and unless they decide to age him up, I'm just not real excited for another series where he's in high school.
    I think a Miles cartoon would definitely be interesting since, for the most part, I think the creators would have to go in more original directions the longer the show went on considering Miles is still relatively a newer character without the large swath of material to base stories off of compared to Peter and is still fairly developing as a character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think a Miles cartoon would definitely be interesting since, for the most part, I think the creators would have to go in more original directions the longer the show went on considering Miles is still relatively a newer character without the large swath of material to base stories off of compared to Peter and is still fairly developing as a character.
    A Miles cartoon could work like Batman Beyond. That one had an older Bruce Wayne as a mentor while this newly created character Terry McGinnis was the Spider-Man. The idea for the Batman Beyond was that they wanted a Batman in High School story and Bruce Timm wasn't hot on reimagining Bruce Wayne as a high school teenager. So he came up with the Future Batman concept and it worked well. It helps that Terry McGinnis, the future Batman is basically Peter Parker if he was Batman, and the Batman Beyond outfit (which is one of the greatest costume designs for Batman) is basically in the Spider-Man style, full body, face-covering, capeless look.

So you could do that with an older Peter Parker who is now an industrialist or entrepreneur (a la Worldwide era) and Spider-man is now a big time superhero while Miles now gets to be the street-level friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, and Peter is the guy who worries if he's becoming a sell-out and is a kind of push-pull mentor with Miles, similar to the dynamic of Old Bruce-Miles.

Or you can do it like MC2 Spider-Girl, where Peter is older retired and has a missing leg and can't be Spider-Man anymore, and Miles has to be the hero. You can maybe work in Mayday there alongside Miles. Peter could be colleagues with Jefferson and that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A Miles cartoon could work like Batman Beyond. That one had an older Bruce Wayne as a mentor while this newly created character Terry McGinnis was the Spider-Man. The idea for the Batman Beyond was that they wanted a Batman in High School story and Bruce Timm wasn't hot on reimagining Bruce Wayne as a high school teenager. So he came up with the Future Batman concept and it worked well. It helps that Terry McGinnis, the future Batman is basically Peter Parker if he was Batman, and the Batman Beyond outfit (which is one of the greatest costume designs for Batman) is basically in the Spider-Man style, full body, face-covering, capeless look.

So you could do that with an older Peter Parker who is now an industrialist or entrepreneur (a la Worldwide era) and Spider-man is now a big time superhero while Miles now gets to be the street-level friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, and Peter is the guy who worries if he's becoming a sell-out and is a kind of push-pull mentor with Miles, similar to the dynamic of Old Bruce-Miles.

Or you can do it like MC2 Spider-Girl, where Peter is older retired and has a missing leg and can't be Spider-Man anymore, and Miles has to be the hero. You can maybe work in Mayday there alongside Miles. Peter could be colleagues with Jefferson and that would work.
    I definitely think if they do a Miles cartoon that they'll have to find a way to write Peter out, whether it be by killing him off, physically wounding him to the point where he can't be Spider-Man anymore, or putting him in a demanding status quo that takes him away from New York and makes him uninteresting as Spider-Man (like having him be with the Avengers).

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Undergrizer, I LOVE your ideas!

And thank you for introducing me to Wakfu!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Undergrizer, I LOVE your ideas!

And thank you for introducing me to Wakfu!
    Your welcome.

And here is several ideas, which I forgot write:
    Yuri Watanabe in beginning is officer and Captain Stacy's assistant. But in latest seasons, she can became Wraith.
    Kingpin in season 3 can rights for using Spiders image, like in Ultimate Spider-Man #106-110, and also, fashion agency, where MJ/Spinneret starts career of photo model. (Which also can approved tons of fan arts with MJ in Spidey thematic).
    Season 3 can be about Ezekiel, Silk, Morlan and Totems. Where Silk/Cindy Moon after 10 years in Ezekiel's bunker acclimate to modern world thanks to Gwen and MJ. And - she is real first human with Spider powers. Her parents was killed by Morlan, but Ezekiel saved her, and became second father.
    Personal line for Spinneret with Spider X, a Spider virus victim, who tried became human.
    In thirty or fourth season, MJ's sister Gayle comes to town with her children, in an attempt to re-establish relations with her. The youngest child is kidnapped, but MJ/Spinneret saves him, and perhaps even reveals her identity to her sister, revealing how strong in spirit she has become.
    Before, final arc, Miguel O'Hara in year 2099, in bad future, where Red Goblin take over the world, meets with older Annie Parker.
    Last edited by Undergrizer; 02-07-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Amazing Member

Here is my thoughts about opening theme. In my opinion, opening should be mix of Transformers: Animated Opening and opening of same Wakfu. In plan of dynamic and exposition - Transformers: Animated, in plan of continuance and spirit - Wakfu. With beautiful male and female vocal. Opening totally updated for each season, with joining each new Spider. In first season - 3 Spiders, in second - 4, third - 4-6, and pretty big enough in fourth. And, like in Wakfu opening, in final of opening should change Villain of the day/episode.

It needs a serialized plot about the Manhattan drug business, totally bodacious babes bruh, F.A.C.A.D.E., May as the Hobgoblin, and Peter taking vodka shots at a gay bar.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

live action? whoa, boy. budget budget budget, lol.

I'd prefer to look at a high budget mini-series per year. 5-6 episodes. Definitely not 22.

Would the budget for a live action Spider-Man really be that awful? I mean Flash and Supergirl do more than serviceable special effects on a TV budget (the writing maybe less so, but that's not a budget issues). If running at super speeds and flying can be accomplished, why not web slinging?