Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Scott and Jean already went into the future and rectified their prior “abandonment” of Nathan. In The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix. They raised him in his future while their respective consciousnesses inhabited what I seem to recall were cloned bodies from their descendants, so that the genetics were a match. Something like that. It was weird.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, was Jean really there for any of her "kid" the way we think a mother should be? That being said, none of them were really her kids at all. She didn't give birth to them, she didn't have a say in their creation or their being there, so even though I don't like Jean, I find it hard to really fault her for not being there for them.

They're just going to start reprinting the 90's line. No new books.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That might actually be an improvement at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Odds are AoX will end with ether Nate sub-coming to his illness or getting redeemed. Odds are the former and with young cable around, there's no point in having two young nates despite how different they are.

Odds are Rosenberg will get the flagship, Brisson will get an auxillary title, Thompson will stay on Rogue/Gambit, and here's hoping Leah gets her Emma book.
    Brisson already HAS his aux title - X-Force.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Scott and Jean already went into the future and rectified their prior “abandonment” of Nathan. In The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix. They raised him in his future while their respective consciousnesses inhabited what I seem to recall were cloned bodies from their descendants, so that the genetics were a match. Something like that. It was weird.
    Yeah that was the time lost Rachel (Mother Askani) who pulled Jean and Scott's consciousnesses forward into future bodies so they could be real parents for young Nathan (Cable).

Nathan Christopher Charles Summers (Cable) > son of Scott Summers and Madelyne Pryor > has moved through time but always in the 616 universe

Rachel Summers/Grey > daughter of Scott Summers and Jean Grey from the 811 DoFP universe > taken to 616 universe by the Phoenix and became the new host of the Phoenix at that time > when she first met her half-brother Nathan (Cable) Summers she created a permanent psi-bond with him so she can track and protect him.

Nate Grey > genetically designed from the DNA of Scott Summers and Jean Grey > created by Mr. Sinister in Age of Apocalypse > transferred to 616 universe when AoA was reversed > Jean has sort of acted like a mother to him. But he also resurrected Madelyne Pryor to be a surrogate mother too.

I think after this whole thing is over I kind of want a short series book with Scott, Jean, Rachel, and Nathan (Cable) doing something together. Play up the whole Summers/Grey X-Family. Instead of barely remembering that Scott and Jean are Rachel and Nathan's parents, emphasize it instead. If they ever did a movie that included Rachel and Cable alongside Jean and Scott, they could ignore the separate timelines altogether and just have Rachel and Nathan as Scott and Jean's future children that were taken to the far future at some point (by someone) and have both come back older.

You mean they haven’t already? I mean, with the X-Men basically reset to their 90’s selves at this point, what’s the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You mean they haven’t already? I mean, with the X-Men basically reset to their 90’s selves at this point, what’s the difference?
    Complete. Global. Liefeldization.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

No! Dear God no!

Kill it with all of the fire before it spreads!

I want Major X to crash and burn so bad I can taste it. I imagine there are enough Liefeld fans out there though that the comic will still sell.

As for the X-Books themselves, I guess we'll have to see what happens after AoXM. If the characters in the AoXM remember what happened to them and the different friendships, relationships, and rivalries that developed there and that bleeds over into the real world that could seriously shake up the X-Books a lot. It looks like Lorna is going to get some featuring in Prisoner X, and if she is a hardened criminal in the AoXM then what happens when she comes back to reality and remembers her life on the other side. At the very least Lorna might have a serious grudge against all the former members of the X-Tremists and want to take all of them down. I know this just starts sounding like Schism all over again though, with just different players on different teams.

My suspicion is that there is going to be a purge of all periphery characters. I think that they may go back to the 90's lineups of the teams and get rid of a lot of the characters that they have no idea to write. Rachel is an example of a character that I expect to get written out. She is my favorite character, but I know that every time Jean is around Rachel is written out, and every time Jean dies they write Rachel back in. Jean has been back for a while, it was only a matter of time that Rachel got written out permanently. The writers have no idea how to address the mother / daughter relationship properly so the easiest way for them to handle it is to make Rachel disappear. Other characters will suffer a similar fate, they'll have the core X-Men that they want to keep and they will purge out the rest.

Rosenberg will probably get Uncanny which is a shame IMO, I'm not enjoying his writing.

BANNED

I would be completely ok with this

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Post age of X-man we will end with the 90's blue and gold team.

The 90's as bad as they were are still leagues above the current books.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-04-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Let's see what I want. series dealing with life at the the school and showing off other students(includes gabby as a main character). Jean and bishop romance stays Logan had Mariko ,scott should just avoid all telepaths this point. Logan and Laura Co start in a twice a month wolverine book similar to wonder women rebirth, even number are Logan center story odd are Laura. (Logans is more action heavy laurs is more detective) the new xmen become new xfactor . Jean leads a team to save Rachel.

What I expect, Laura and gabby are gone because if Logan isnt in every comics that's a crime. Rachel is abandoned and stays as ahab's pet for several years at minimum.More alt reality characters.every xmen story from 85-96 looped on repeat. Forced indoctrinate in to the church of glob. And the new xmen treatment by marvel is worse the same as Dan daddio treatment of the teen titans. ( ex he took nightwing dick away and made him a edg lord). Also the Jean logan Scott love triangle becomes a Pentagon because Xavier and bishop want in.