Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Post age of X-man we will end with the 90's blue and gold team.

The 90's as bad as they were are still leagues above the current books.
    While it's true, the issue then becomes how do they write new stories that gives the :90's feels" but not retreads on the same storylines or plot points? That is what has been an issue for me is that they are doing poor imitations of good 90's concepts and it's a problem.

Meanwhile my prediction is that Glob will be the new king of the New X-Men, replacing Quire's role, and will become the new Wolverine in terms of forced feeding into readers mouths.

Extraordinary Member

I just think they need more slice of life stuff. That was what helped make the X-Men so great in the 90s. I don't want giant threats all the time. It doesn't help that there are way, way too many characters for anyone to be completely happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Let's see what I want. series dealing with life at the the school and showing off other students(includes gabby as a main character). Jean and bishop romance stays Logan had Mariko ,scott should just avoid all telepaths this point. Logan and Laura Co start in a twice a month wolverine book similar to wonder women rebirth, even number are Logan center story odd are Laura. (Logans is more action heavy laurs is more detective) the new xmen become new xfactor . Jean leads a team to save Rachel.

What I expect, Laura and gabby are gone because if Logan isnt in every comics that's a crime. Rachel is abandoned and stays as ahab's pet for several years at minimum.More alt reality characters.every xmen story from 85-96 looped on repeat. Forced indoctrinate in to the church of glob. And the new xmen treatment by marvel is worse the same as Dan daddio treatment of the teen titans. ( ex he took nightwing dick away and made him a edg lord). Also the Jean logan Scott love triangle becomes a Pentagon because Xavier and bishop want in.
    I used to like Logan at one time, but I am so tired of the over-saturation now that I kind of wouldn't mind him going onto a solo comic on his own like Hulk. Let him wander the world trying to find himself, or base him back in Madripoor with a cast of supporting characters.

I don't know if they'll keep Rachel as Ahab's pet, I guess they might think that is her character arriving back at where she came from which would be a shame. My expectation is that she will be rescued sometime this year and then written out, or she will be killed. They'll probably have her die off panel too because god forbid they put her on the same comic page as Cable, Jean, or Scott. Oh and no one will even have a funeral for her, that's kind of right up Jean's alley, "who was that girl that died off panel anyway?"

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    My suspicion is that there is going to be a purge of all periphery characters. I think that they may go back to the 90's lineups of the teams and get rid of a lot of the characters that they have no idea to write. Rachel is an example of a character that I expect to get written out. She is my favorite character, but I know that every time Jean is around Rachel is written out, and every time Jean dies they write Rachel back in. Jean has been back for a while, it was only a matter of time that Rachel got written out permanently. The writers have no idea how to address the mother / daughter relationship properly so the easiest way for them to handle it is to make Rachel disappear. Other characters will suffer a similar fate, they'll have the core X-Men that they want to keep and they will purge out the rest.
    I wonder about this. We've seen a recent surge of characters either dying or having their story lines resolved. Many have been AU\time displaced but not all.

Just in the last year we've lost the o5, Daken, Bloodstorm, Mimic and Xorn. OML's 12 part death series will end eventually. Ten characters gone is significant. It could just be Marvel cleaning up derivative characters, or it could be a move towards reducing the overall roster down to a more manageable size. AoXM could include another round of this. It could either be deaths that occur in the AU itself, or lead to characters being written off due to memory problems. This will likely mean a return to more focused rosters of more mainstream X-Men. Yes, I guess that is basically the 90's. At this point though, we really can't say who's definitely in or out of any potential purge. Likely on the O5 and the ANAD team members are really safe.

I have a lot of sympathy for Rachel fans. That's tough sledding. It's really been all over the map this year for her. I thought she had some good moments during the Mojo arc and that otherwise tragically bad Red annual. There were a few issues in Gold I thought were good for her. The rest has been very bad indeed. That said, I don't see her getting written out. She may hit the dustbin again for a while but I think she has enough pedigree both in the X-Men and as a member of the Summers-Grey clan that a writer will want to pick her up.

I think after this whole thing is over I kind of want a short series book with Scott, Jean, Rachel, and Nathan (Cable) doing something together. Play up the whole Summers/Grey X-Family. Instead of barely remembering that Scott and Jean are Rachel and Nathan's parents, emphasize it instead. If they ever did a movie that included Rachel and Cable alongside Jean and Scott, they could ignore the separate timelines altogether and just have Rachel and Nathan as Scott and Jean's future children that were taken to the far future at some point (by someone) and have both come back older.
    This is really a good idea. Double purpose too. It give a book to the folks who want to see Summers family drama get resolved to some extent, while keeping those pesky relationships a couple people seem to be really tired off out of the main books.

I actually think this family has what it takes to be spun off into their own book, FF style, but Marvel never listens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I wonder about this. We've seen a recent surge of characters either dying or having their story lines resolved. Many have been AU\time displaced but not all.

Just in the last year we've lost the o5, Daken, Bloodstorm, Mimic and Xorn. OML's 12 part death series will end eventually. Ten characters gone is significant. It could just be Marvel cleaning up derivative characters, or it could be a move towards reducing the overall roster down to a more manageable size. AoXM could include another round of this. It could either be deaths that occur in the AU itself, or lead to characters being written off due to memory problems. This will likely mean a return to more focused rosters of more mainstream X-Men. Yes, I guess that is basically the 90's. At this point though, we really can't say who's definitely in or out of any potential purge. Likely on the O5 and the ANAD team members are really safe.

I have a lot of sympathy for Rachel fans. That's tough sledding. It's really been all over the map this year for her. I thought she had some good moments during the Mojo arc and that otherwise tragically bad Red annual. There were a few issues in Gold I thought were good for her. The rest has been very bad indeed. That said, I don't see her getting written out. She may hit the dustbin again for a while but I think she has enough pedigree both in the X-Men and as a member of the Summers-Grey clan that a writer will want to pick her up.

This is really a good idea. Double purpose too. It give a book to the folks who want to see Summers family drama get resolved to some extent, while keeping those pesky relationships a couple people seem to be really tired off out of the main books.

I actually think this family has what it takes to be spun off into their own book, FF style, but Marvel never listens.
    It would definitely be a different take for an X-Book. They are kind of doing that with Mr and Mrs X with Rogue and Gambit off in Mojoverse with a supporting cast of their own. So try something new with the Summers/Grey family and have them form a family team for a series to see how it goes.

Post age of X-man we will end with the 90's blue and gold team.
    Would love that but it won`t happen.

I support the X-Men having two connected teams. For the last couple years there has been lots of teams who just call themselves X-Men or star on a book with X-Men on the title, but they're not related at all. I know people will say it's too much '90s nostalgia, but I would support a Blue/Gold kind of dynamic.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure Daken is really dead and never coming back. He's legit died more often than Jean Grey at this point.

The thing about Daken is, well, he got dated real fast. It's hard to make him work and not just be a weird and outdated stereotype.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm not sure Daken is really dead and never coming back. He's legit died more often than Jean Grey at this point.

The thing about Daken is, well, he got dated real fast. It's hard to make him work and not just be a weird and outdated stereotype.
    I believe the opposite, Daken is sexualy, morally and racially diverse character
    plus he is a wolverine too!

I believe the opposite, Daken is sexualy, morally and racially diverse character
    plus he is a wolverine too!
    Haha, Marvel can go the route of the bat comics, just get rid of the X-Men and go Wolverine and the Wolverines and just have a series of comics that is all about Wolverine and everyone related to him. I bet they would do that too if they weren't afraid of the fan outcry.

Haha, Marvel can go the route of the bat comics, just get rid of the X-Men and go Wolverine and the Wolverines and just have a series of comics that is all about Wolverine and everyone related to him. I bet they would do that too if they weren't afraid of the fan outcry.
    They should do it tbh. Not getting rid of the X-Men of course, but a Wolverine family book lol.

Daken is still good, someone just has to recognize what he is and lean into it. Just like how Logan was on the Mount Rushmore of ripped killer 90's edgelord chunky munkeys, Daken is the modern scrawny anime edgelord fuckboy. And he smells like horny. That's great! His recent appearances in Iceman and stuff are cool -- But to reach his full potential, we need some weaboos in the X-Office. JDW isn't enough, he's only into classical magical girls. Daken needs a real Sasuke-fanfiction scripting, Bleach devouring monster.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

If my theory that Logan is going to get his story retconed and probably eliminating Way's run from canon, is likely that he is going to be altered in some level.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Marvel is not afraid of fan's outcry.
    They created Hulkverine and a lot of Wolverine clones so they can be on all x team books while Wolverine is dead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Daken is still good, someone just has to recognize what he is and lean into it. Just like how Logan was on the Mount Rushmore of ripped killer 90's edgelord chunky munkeys, Daken is the modern scrawny anime edgelord fuckboy. And he smells like horny. That's great! His recent appearances in Iceman and stuff are cool -- But to reach his full potential, we need some weaboos in the X-Office. JDW isn't enough, he's only into classical magical girls. Daken needs a real Sasuke-fanfiction scripting, Bleach devouring monster.
    This made me laugh lol

But really, I think the Iceman, Wolverine/X-23 and his story in X-Men Blue just make clear why he's a difficult character. He's a horrible person who's only real redeeming quality is love for his family, but even that is rather unhealthy since his love for Laura and Gabby sort of just feeds into his own issues with his lack of a mother, while he seems like he'd be happy to turn Jimmy into another version of himself. Other than that, he is a cruel sociopath who has a very unhealthy relationship with young men and who seemingly uses and abuses people to try and reclaim some power that he feels was stolen from him.

In the hands of the wrong writer, he's so damn edgy it hurts or he's just too unpleasant.

Yes, his ethnicity isn't done too poorly, but his bisexuality can be, well, offensive. We're past the stage where it's shocking and it just feeds into the Depraved Bisexual stereotype.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If my theory that Logan is going to get his story retconed and probably eliminating Way's run from canon, is likely that he is going to be altered in some level.
    I haven't heard this theory yet but I want to learn more.

My theory is that Persephone will use Daken's corpse to screw with Logan. It'll then be tossed away. In a couple of months, the corpse will be found or someone will remember that Daken's Death Seed could in theory resurrect him.