Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

I'm sure we can guess what'll be in the main book:

Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Storm (doing nothing as usual as her appearance is only for appearances)
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Iceman
    Jean Grey (to support Cyclops' goals)
    Havok
    Illyana

Basically about as rote as you can get it with Havok and Illyana added because the writer said he likes them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're going to see a united, main, X-Men team with all the big guns back on it (Scott, Logan, Jean, Ororo, etc.) in Uncanny.
    If anything, that's exactly what I'm rooting against. Last thing I want right now is Scott and Jean near each other longer than the panel time needed to say "you and me are done".

But it's a godless world with an X-Office who feasts on my despair, so it's exactly how it's gonna happen and oh, joy. I'm already buckled up for this wild ride.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    If anything, that's exactly what I'm rooting against. Last thing I want right now is Scott and Jean near each other longer than the panel time needed to say "you and me are done".

But it's a godless world with an X-Office who feasts on my despair, so it's exactly how it's gonna happen and oh, joy. I'm already buckled up for this wild ride.
    I understand where you're coming from. At the same time, it's been a while since they were all together. I'm mixed on what to expect. I just hope it's worth it.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I understand where you're coming from. At the same time, it's been a while since they were all together. I'm mixed on what to expect. I just hope it's worth it.
    We already had 8 years of all versions of them apart, and then we had 6 years of a weak version of Scott who couldn't get over his Jean. And then there was the PR reunion. I say we can go another 14 years with them apart or double it and make it 28 just to be safe lol

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think that we may see some characters say that they like AOX_man more and may fight to stay in that AU, resulting in some sort of multiversal X-verse where some characters may stay. This is based on that past interviews hinted at some X-men will not survive or make it out of Disassembly. The true battle may come down to the mutants involved considering if they would rather live in a Dystopian paradise as opposed to 616 reality, this may come down to a battle of some wanting to keep the AOX-man reality over the 616.
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 02-04-2019 at 08:57 PM.

BANNED

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure at some point of that Thompson e-mail there was mention of someone staying behind (I hope there was because I don't want to sound crazy). I guess we can start speculation on it after Marvelous X-Men actually starts. I can't really see anyone so far who would leave any emotional impact staying behind or that would be viable to leave there (Nate would be the "too obvious" option).

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I think that we may see some characters say that they like AOX_man more and may fight to stay in that AU, resulting in some sort of multiversal X-verse where some characters may stay. This is based on that past interviews hinted at some X-men will not survive or make it out of Disassembly. The true battle may come down to the mutants involved considering if they would rather live in a Dystopian paradise as opposed to 616 reality, this may come down to a battle of some wanting to keep the AOX-man reality over the 616.
    Woah. Mind kinda blown, lol. Haven't kept up with all the interviews, but wouldn't that pretty much turn the "I wanna stay" faction into villains?

Maybe Cyclops and Wolverine and the New Mutants will keep things from getting truly horrific for mutants until the bulk of the X-Men return to really turn the tide in a positive direction again, most likely by bringing some good things from the AoXM with them somehow. Then again, I might just be remembering Heroes Return from the 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Woah. Mind kinda blown, lol. Haven't kept up with all the interviews, but wouldn't that pretty much turn the "I wanna stay" faction into villains?
    Yes. It throws the narrative of the cure on it's head.Thus creating a more possible scenario for a real schism.This argument having larger stakes. We have seen the X-men fight to preserve this 616 present timeline, what happens when the argument is presented to preserve a AU timeline that benefits mutants as opposed to the 616 storyline?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Yes. It throws the narrative of the cure on it's head.Thus creating a more possible scenario for a real schism.This argument having larger stakes. We have seen the X-men fight to preserve this 616 present timeline, what happens when the argument is presented to preserve a AU timeline that benefits mutants as opposed to the 616 storyline?
    It's an interesting idea, especially since we see both the good and the bad of this world pretty clearly. Sure, X-Man created a sexless, loveless 1960s dystopia, but it's also peaceful and a great place if you're a mutant who's fine touting the party line. I mean, it's better than 616. I can see the appeal.

However, it's also Nate's own weird little wonderland and really, it's so supremely creepy that I question the sanity of anyone who would prefer it.

But who would prefer it?

Magneto is an obvious choice, but he doesn't like people messing with his head. Apocalypse is an interesting idea, but he also doesn't like people messing with his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It's an interesting idea, especially since we see both the good and the bad of this world pretty clearly. Sure, X-Man created a sexless, loveless 1960s dystopia, but it's also peaceful and a great place if you're a mutant who's fine touting the party line. I mean, it's better than 616. I can see the appeal.

However, it's also Nate's own weird little wonderland and really, it's so supremely creepy that I question the sanity of anyone who would prefer it.

But who would prefer it?

Magneto is an obvious choice, but he doesn't like people messing with his head. Apocalypse is an interesting idea, but he also doesn't like people messing with his head.
    Very true the people involved would have to know that they are being manipulated by Nate to make a decision. We could also see some deciding to topple Nate and usurp the power he has(Life Seed) for themselves to create a more perfect world.

BANNED

I'm imagining there will be a slew of new titles:

• Likely two core X-Men teams, Uncanny and adjective-less, divvying up all the A-Listers between them. The Thompson/Nadler duo could very well stick around post-Age of X-Man, and if not, I suspect that Matthew Rosenberg and Leah Williams are top contenders.
    • A New Mutants title with Dani Moonstar, Magik + Sunspot as the leads is practically assured at this point.
    • An Excalibur reunion wouldn't surprise me in the slightest; it's Jordan White's favorite team and other writers have mentioned being fond of the team too. We might see Psylocke in there to mix things up a little (especially if Rachel is still off hounding) as there seems to be a demand for it. I'm not big on the idea of pulling Kurt or Betsy away from the X-Men but I could totally see it happening.
    • We all know the Wolverine solo is inevitable. Hell, there could even be more than one Wolverine series incoming. I'm hoping the return of Mariko is addressed, but outside of that there will likely be plenty of issues devoted to classic foes Omega Red, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike etc.
    • The continuation of Kelly Thompson's Rogue & Gambit seems likely. After Mojoworld I believe they're returning for a Thieves Guild arc. Even beyond that, there's plenty that can be done. I'm sure Mystique will be on the scene eventually. Then ofc there's all the ex's that'll probably pop up for dramatic effect along the way (Magneto, Pulse, Joseph, Human Torch, Bella Donna)

Outside of that, just a couple tidbits I think are practically assured:

• Memories, losses and new developments from the Age of X-Man carrying over, making the event matter.
    • Bishop continues to be reinforced as a leading X-Man
    • Resolution to unresolved plots picked up- the Brotherhood of Mutants, Kwannon, Emma Frost, the X-Mansion in Central Park, General Callahan, Xavier etc.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Probably more of the same.

1. Rehashes to recreate an era that died long ago, along with the good writing & execution.
    2. Over-saturation of Wolverine, and maybe Scott.
    3. More whitewashing or Monet in-between bouts of limbo.
    4. Continued jobbing of Sabretooth to make Wolverine look good. Such is the life of a punching-bag D-list villain.
    5. More random Blog, Glob, and Mojo
    etc. Again, nothing for me to care about.

I don't see 2019 being any better than 2017 & 2018 for me. Least in terms of X-books.

So far, the thing I have looked most forward to this year was the Lego Movie 2. lol And at least that movie had characters to like, stuff to enjoy, including two good pairings. Can't say that for the X-Books.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-05-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I just think that the X-books need some real focus. I meam, Bendis tried to offer that, but really, it would just be nice to have more coordination.

I think Age of X is a good go at that, but Dissemble was just so badly done that it makes me scared.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    In the end I guess it depends on WHERE they are? A new dimension where Nate literally played God? A pocket universe where he basically rearranged things and made it his own (thus displacing what was already there)? Trapped inside of Legion's head who's sitting somewhere in a dark room drooling? If they are in some kind of true existence, then I don't see why anyone would be a villain per say. They choose to stay and they aren't harming anyone by doing so. However if it's the Legion or "rearranged" universe then people are suffering and that would indeed be a selfish act if they stayed.