Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Favourite Character Quotes

As the title says, I’d like to know what your favourite quotes are by characters. Something only THEY would say, that sums them up.
    I’ve been rereading Hickmans run on Avengers. This speech from Cap is one my favourites.

“I don’t let people die because it’s the lesser of two evils, or expedient, or because it serves the greater good...I don’t compare the act against something else—I see someone who needs help...and I help. You think it’s a weakness. You think it’s simple...but you’re wrong. It’s what makes us human...which is exactly what we’re supposed to be fighting for. I know who I am. I rescue the helpless. I raise up the hopeless. I don’t measure people’s lives...I SAVE THEM.”

What’s yours?

"You think this letter on my head stands for France!?".

“So… in effect, you swapped 5,000 human lives for one mutant one. That’s regrettable. But when there’s less than 200 mutants on the planet, I can live with that.”

Guess who.

" I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Amazing Member

"The die is cast!!" (My favourite spider-man)

He may be only one these day who still has catchphrase.

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else; The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- No, you move." - Steve Rogers

"Ultron we would have words with thee" Thor

Astonishing Member

"With great powers comes great responsibilites" Spider-Man.

"I rule here. And I am a queen that bows to no king." - Susan Storm
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

There're so many great quotes, it's hard to choose. But if I had to pick one, I would say my favorite is from the Frank Miller Daredevil run:

"When I fight you, and beat you, and know deep in my heart that I'm right in what I do... When I hate you and your kind so fiercely I could cry... When I can see that you are black and evil and have no right to live... When at last, at long last, I've got you set squarely in my sights... And I smell your fear... And it is sweet to smell... When it comes to that one final, fatal act of ending you... (*klik*)My gun has no bullets. Guess we're stuck with each other, Bullseye."

- Daredevil
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-01-2019 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    There're so many great quotes, it's hard to choose. But if I had to pick one, I would say my favorite is from the Frank Miller Daredevil run:

"When I fight you, and beat you, and know deep in my heart that I'm right in what I do... When I hate you and your kind so fiercely I could cry... When I can see that you are black and evil and have no right to live... When at last, at long last, I've got you set squarely in my sights... And I smell your fear... And it is sweet to smell... When it comes to that one final, fatal act of ending you... (*klik*)My gun has no bullets. Guess we're stuck with each other, Bullseye."

- Daredevil
    That is a great quote as it fits Daredevil's feud with Bullseye perfectly.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That is a great quote as it fits Daredevil's feud with Bullseye perfectly.
    Thank you, Tony Stark. That means a lot.

This right here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    "You think this letter on my head stands for France!?".

"A fat woman came into the shoe store today." Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thank you, Tony Stark. That means a lot.
    You're welcome. It really is a damn good quote. I love Daredevil and Bullseye is one of my all time favorite characters. I have this issue and you bringing it up reminded me of how powerful it was when I first read it.