Astonishing Member

Default A various school class battle

No one really picked up on my thread about School Transfer so I'll try it a different way.

We have the 4 schools and pick the 10 top students from the class lead by the person mentioned:

Hogwarts - Harry
    Hero Academy - Deku
    Brakebills - Quentin
    Ninja Academy - Naruto

All are in their final year and just before graduation. It's a standard arena fight with all possible pairs (4C2).

Who wins the most? I know the Ninjas might have a speed advantage but I hate speed equalized rumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    No one really picked up on my thread about School Transfer so I'll try it a different way.

We have the 4 schools and pick the 10 top students from the class lead by the person mentioned:

Hogwarts - Harry
    Hero Academy - Deku
    Brakebills - Quentin
    Ninja Academy - Naruto

All are in their final year and just before graduation. It's a standard arena fight with all possible pairs (4C2).

Who wins the most? I know the Ninjas might have a speed advantage but I hate speed equalized rumbles.
    In which case, there’s no point in the non-Ninjas being there. It’s not like Harry Potter has auto-shields.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah... ummm... right...

So for Naruto:

1) Naruto - Massively multimach speedster brick who can blow up mountains, summon a giant energy fox to blow up bigger stuff and can take pretty much a nuke to the phase with no damage.
    2) Sasuke - Massively multimach speedster brick who can teleport, cut through stone with his lightning sword, hypnotise people on eye contact, can set people on fire with inextinguishable flames, turn people and minor landmasses into small moons and can summon an energy mech suit thing that allows him to bust up mountains.

I mean... do I need to go further?

I don't know what Brakebills is but Naruto by himself casually monsters through the other two sides with insulting ease while Sasuke does a spot of oil painting or perhaps writes some poetry.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah... ummm... right...

So for Naruto:

1) Naruto - Massively multimach speedster brick who can blow up mountains, summon a giant energy fox to blow up bigger stuff and can take pretty much a nuke to the phase with no damage.
    2) Sasuke - Massively multimach speedster brick who can teleport, cut through stone with his lightning sword, hypnotise people on eye contact, can set people on fire with inextinguishable flames, turn people and minor landmasses into small moons and can summon an energy mech suit thing that allows him to bust up mountains.

I mean... do I need to go further?

I don't know what Brakebills is but Naruto by himself casually monsters through the other two sides with insulting ease while Sasuke does a spot of oil painting or perhaps writes some poetry.
    That's end of Series Naruto. This is naruto just before he graduates, meaning he doesn't even have the Shadow Clone Jutsu at his disposal

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post

Hogwarts - Harry
    Hero Academy - Deku
    Brakebills - Quentin
    Ninja Academy - Naruto

Problem is we haven't seen final year UA students. Izuku in particular, since he not only has potentially All Might-level strength but six other powers, five of which we don't even know are and how skilled with them he becomes.

Other than that, all Naruto's good for in this fight is acting as a meat shield, since final year Naruto was pretty **** all things considered. He didn't start getting to be worth a damn until AFTER he graduated.

In fact, this severely worfs the Konoha team since they graduated in chapter 1 and thus all their best feats and abilities are locked off from them.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That's end of Series Naruto. This is naruto just before he graduates, meaning he doesn't even have the Shadow Clone Jutsu at his disposal
    What is graduation in this context? Genin and Chunin are technically still trainees. They don't become full fledged ninja until they reach Jounin level.

If we go with pre Shadow Clone era Naruto ninja school then 90% of people don't have any feats so what's the point in having them in the Rumble?

I mean, even beginning series Sasuke was capable of moving faster than human eyes could see easily enough. So he could do a lot by himself.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Eh, while they are trainees, Genin and Chuunin are not actually attending a school so much as doing on the job training. Naruto graduated the Ninja Academy *after* learning the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, though, so he should at least get that.

I was going to say that current Deku hits everyone else besides maybe Quentin (as I'm not familiar with Brakebills) with air pressure shots at the start, but I honestly think that he is shy enough that Sexy/Harem no Jutsu could drop him even with bloodlust.

Off Topic: Is there any reason why being Quirkless would keep you from becoming a Hero? Several heroes have Quirks that are only useful in specific circumstances and/or probably wouldn't be very useful in a fight, but still have generic anime super-stats unrelated to their powers. I don't see why a fully trained Quirkless Deku would be less effective than Eraserhead against mutant-type villains, or how the Pussycats' Ragdoll's Search power would be that a major game changer power in a direct fight that involves her partner Pixiebob earthbending the entire landscape.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 02-04-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Off Topic: Is there any reason why being Quirkless would keep you from becoming a Hero? Several heroes have Quirks that are only useful in specific circumstances and/or probably wouldn't be very useful in a fight, but still have generic anime super-stats unrelated to their powers. I don't see why a fully trained Quirkless Deku would be less effective than Eraserhead against mutant-type villain, or how the Pussycats' Ragdoll's Search power would be that a major game changer power in a direct fight that involves her partner Pixiebob earthbending the entire landscape.
    I don't know. I do know that Horikoshi actually planned for Izuku to be a Quirkless hero wielding training and tech, but decided he couldn't justify Izuku going into battle against some of the more powerful quirk users with that. DC heard that and laughed in Batman characters.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I'm pretty sure the various hero programs are super biased to looking at nothing but the quirks of their applicants and how well they apply them in the initial tests. Which is silly when you've got stuff like the one tech girl owning at the sports festival as nothing but a way to show off her tech. Being quirkless seems to carry a bit of stigma in their society. Even All Might, the nicest guy alive, completely wrote Deku off to his face at first. So it's deep enough that they don't really think about it.

But I mean, it's not like the story isn't aware that there's various problems with super powers society.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I'm pretty sure the various hero programs are super biased to looking at nothing but the quirks of their applicants and how well they apply them in the initial tests. Which is silly when you've got stuff like the one tech girl owning at the sports festival as nothing but a way to show off her tech. Being quirkless seems to carry a bit of stigma in their society. Even All Might, the nicest guy alive, completely wrote Deku off to his face at first. So it's deep enough that they don't really think about it.

But I mean, it's not like the story isn't aware that there's various problems with super powers society.
    I guess. I mean, they did point out that the entrance exam for UA's heroics program is not universally well regarded as it weeds out people with powerful abilities that just so happen to not be super effective against robots (like the guy that instantly brainwashes people who respond to him), and would likely have not allowed Eraserhead to get into the program either.

Sasuke didn't actually pass the Chuniun exams though so he's still technically in his final year. AFAIK, the same goes for Naruto, he jumped from Genin to Hokage, (that's not to say he was only Genin-level) so technically everything he does before becoming Hokage should be allowed. lol.