Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Wasn't expecting that but I'll take it.
    Same. Did not see this one coming but I'll happily check it out. Looks cool.

I read the moon knight annual, with all the different servants of konshu across time; the first one looked like the phantom rider, who I thought was tied to ghost rider lore. It might’ve been more interesting if he had the connection to kinship all along.
    Last edited by protege; 09-18-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic Moon Knight cover from 1980.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Moon Knight Annual: Acts of Evil

I just got around to reading this, I know from 2 weeks ago, and WOW did I enjoy it a lot!!!

Cullen Bunn told a great one/done story that was exactly what this OG Moon Knight fan wants out of the character. It was a good guy(s) vs a bad guy(Kang). Had fun with some time travel and showcasing other MKs through the ages. The story was not bogged down with identity issues, Mr. Knight or any of the psycho analytical fare that imo has dragged the character down the past decade.

The creative team for the new Moon Knight book in December has not been named that I recall. However, please let it be Bunn if this the type focus he'd have with Marc.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Moon Knight Annual: Acts of Evil

I just got around to reading this, I know from 2 weeks ago, and WOW did I enjoy it a lot!!!

Cullen Bunn told a great one/done story that was exactly what this OG Moon Knight fan wants out of the character. It was a good guy(s) vs a bad guy(Kang). Had fun with some time travel and showcasing other MKs through the ages. The story was not bogged down with identity issues, Mr. Knight or any of the psycho analytical fare that imo has dragged the character down the past decade.

The creative team for the new Moon Knight book in December has not been named that I recall. However, please let it be Bunn if this the type focus he'd have with Marc.
    It was kinda cool seeing some of the previous Moon Knights... the cowboy one or the roman gladiator one. Maybe we'll see them again sometime.

Word is coming out that Marvel is looking for Jewish and/or Israeli actors to play Moon Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Word is coming out that Marvel is looking for Jewish and/or Israeli actors to play Moon Knight.
    Regarding the latter, Spector's from Chicago-- so would they be willing to play American?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Regarding the latter, Spector's from Chicago-- so would they be willing to play American?
    he's from Chicago. but his dad was deeply orthodox, right? they could always say that Marc was actually born elsewhere but raised in Chicago. an accent coach will hopefully make the difference.

what i'm curious about is how they will approach Raoul Bushman casting. that guy from Blade II, Daz Crawford, might be able to pull it off. i don't know how dramatic an actor he is though. come to think of it, i'm not even sure what Bushman's ethnicity is. the first name and last name don't exactly match up. is he south african?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 10-01-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Zub talks Serpent War!

Art and Moonie bits

CBR: Kane is a very different character from Conan in that he has an almost uncompromising moral code, not unlike the Punisher. He's also a devoutly religious man from the late 1600s/Early 1700s. So what's it like writing him in a modern day Marvel comic and playing him off of contemporary characters like Moon Knight? How easy was it for you to find Kane's voice?
    Zub: Kane really is the "Puritan Punisher," isn't he? Heh. Writing Kane has been one of the most enjoyable parts of this project. His steadfast certainty and the severity of his judgement drives a lot of drama. I love playing him off Moon Knight - the puritan with unwavering faith (despite never having interacted with God) set against an unhinged "heathen" (who speaks directly to his deity, yet doubts everything about himself and his place in the world). It's a study in contrast, and they both bring cool things out of each other.

CBR:I believe this is your first time writing Moon Knight, a character whose had a number of different takes over the years mostly revolving around his relationship with his deity Khonshu, his mental state, and his physical abilities. What can you tell us about your take on Marc Spector?
    Zub:It is my first time writing Moon Knight and that makes this project extra-special. Marc Spector is such a great character with all kinds of facets to explore. This story is current and takes place after the recent Max Bemis run. Marc is trying to figure himself out and detach a bit from the traumatic events he's been through over the past few years, but obviously fate and Khonshu have other plans in mind. Marc's mind may be in a better place than it's been for quite some time, but that won't make this quest easier, especially when he's torn from the places and people he knows.

I like his statement that "Marc's mind may in a better place than it's been for quite some time..."
    To me that seems to signal that when MK is on the page we won't be dealing with the aspect I find least intriguing for the past decade.

More likely to be solid MK action and re-actions to those he's in a situation with.

BANNED

I like his statement that "Marc's mind may in a better place than it's been for quite some time..."
    To me that seems to signal that when MK is on the page we won't be dealing with the aspect I find least intriguing for the past decade.

More likely to be solid MK action and re-actions to those he's in a situation with.
    I'm wondering if this might lead into an ongoing MK from Zub. He's got an unrevealed ongoing coming out in February that he describes as a dream project.

This could be setting that up. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Whether or not it's Zub, though, I do think that somebody's going to be doing a new MK series soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm wondering if this might lead into an ongoing MK from Zub. He's got an unrevealed ongoing coming out in February that he describes as a dream project.

This could be setting that up. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Whether or not it's Zub, though, I do think that somebody's going to be doing a new MK series soon.
    It was reported one is coming in December but no team has been attached.

BANNED

It was reported one is coming in December but no team has been attached.
    MK's return in "awesome and unexpected ways" in December as referred to in that article was revealed to be his appearance in the Serpent War mini. No new ongoing for MK has been announced as yet.

Astonishing Member

Warren Ellis pretty much cleared up, and summed up, the DiD aspect in his run. So there really is no incentive going back over it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It was kinda cool seeing some of the previous Moon Knights... the cowboy one or the roman gladiator one. Maybe we'll see them again sometime.
    I like the idea that there have been previous agents of Khonshu and Marc is just the latest in a long line. Some very fertile ground there for a writer to play with.