Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

You know, I’d really like to see Moon Knight adopt the Serpent Society as new villains. Especially Anaconda, Asp and Black Mamba. They’d be great to go up against Moonie.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

what remains of Moon Knight's money? Is "Steven Grant" still a millionaire? (billionaire?) Has he ever been rendered broke or near-broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I've always wondered.... do Moon Knight fans prefer the more mystical/horror stories, or more "street-level"?

Also: Dissociative identity disorder, yes or no?

(Personally, I like mystical, no DID. The Ellis run was pretty much perfect.)
    I loved that MK was a street-level hero who had one foot in the mystical/occult. His adventures could be as broad as that bat-themed guy. He can mix it up with other guys in tights, bust heads in the gritty streets or hop around the world considering his merc past. I also loved that (like The Shadow) he had a group of operatives and informants he could rely on so that he wasn't just in front of the Moon-computer all the time.

In terms of the disorder, I liked it better before they diagnosed him. I'm not sure what would be more appropriate a diagnosis, but I am not a big fan of how the past several years seem to mostly be about him talking to himself and coming to terms with his personalities, etc. It's getting old. That stuff, as well as the "is Khonshu real" question should be background to the actual adventures. I'd rather see Marc interact with his supporting cast, or new interesting characters than himself over and over. (I was really not a fan of Bendis's take)

From Moon Knight's first appearance in Werewolf by Night #32 (August 1975):

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 9 (August 1986):

It's impossible to explain, but nobody has been able to top Seinkewicz when it comes to drawing Moon Knight. (Kevin Nolan was the closest )

Juan Ferreyra's Moon Knight page from upcoming Marvel comics Presents #4!!

ferreyra MK.jpg
    This. Is. Awesome.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what remains of Moon Knight's money? Is "Steven Grant" still a millionaire? (billionaire?) Has he ever been rendered broke or near-broke?

I think he is still loaded he seemed well funded in the most recent series.

another thread wondered who could lift Thor's hammer. I thought it could be funny if Marc could lift it but Jake could not. Too bad the Defenders dies with Bendis . I would have liked MK to join up. He is interesting on teams the few times he has been on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

ferreyra MK.jpg
    This. Is. Awesome.
    This looks gooooooood. I love the Mr. Knight look so damn much. Can't wait for this story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

ferreyra MK.jpg
    This. Is. Awesome.
    Looks fantastic!

Here's a bit more on that story, including some more art:

https://www.newsarama.com/44766-moon...resents-4.html

Can't wait to check this out. Hopefully it'll lead to a new ongoing or at least a mini!

Ferreyra is great.

Thanks, Prof. Warren.

ferreyra.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

it's way past time for him to show up in TV and movies. I hope something can be developed soon. Including animation.

One thing MK will always have to his name is a fantastic array of artists tackling his books. He's been super lucky over his history.

I enjoyed these little tidbits.

We only have ten pages at our disposal, but we pack a whole hell of a lot into them. If you look closely, you'll see that the moon serves as a time marker. Our story tracks its way through its cycle. When it is at its thinnest - a mere sliver - you'll see Spector wrestling with doubt, as he wonders whether he can be trusted, given the dark voices channeling through his mind. But by the time the moon fattens, he is at his strongest and most confident and ready to take down the threat that haunts him and his city.
    While I'm not necessarily keen on Marc having a crisis of conscious yet again, I'm glad that Percy is addressing it and moving away from it rather swiftly. Especially since he is kind of hoping this is more a prelude story to more MK for him,; if we did get a series we wouldn't have to have such a heavy focus on it.

Green Arrow is a street-level character. That series was grounded in gritty realism. We occasionally defied the laws of physics - with some of those arrow tricks - but otherwise Ollie operated by the rules of the world, like a Daredevil or Punisher. But with Moon Knight, I'm able to crank up the volume and play around with horror and the supernatural, which is where my shadow-soaked mind tends to gravitate. It's been fun. I'd be lucky to spend more time with Mr. Knight in the future.
    Street level horror. I'm absolutely in.

A team up I had not thought about until a few days ago. It would be cool. Moon Knight and Green Arrow.jpg From Lost Super Team Family website (I have to give him credit because he creates great covers).

Benjamin Percy: Fans who are familiar with the Lemire/Smallwood and Ellis/Shalvey runs will be right at home in the world we're conjuring. We play around with unreliability (since that's a central facet of Spector's character)
    Pass.

Sigh. If you were to make a pie chart showing what makes Moonknight cool ninety percent would be dedicated to the costume and....oh who am I kidding one hundred percent would be costume.

It's sad to see that Marvel still hasn't learned their lesson when it comes to this character. You would think the editors would pump the brakes and all these personalities and tell their writer to focus on making Marc Spector work. Give the character one good personality that works as opposed to a bunch that don't.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest