Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I definately second that motion.

When I want to try and convince a friend to jump on the Moon Knight bandwagon, by go-to MK story is the Huston/Finch stuff. The Bottom does a nice job of showing can crazy fun and cool Moon Knight can be. And it's fairly new reader friendly.
    That run gets kind of overlooked imo. Maybe it's because Bendis, Lemire and Ellis are much more popular. But it's among the best imo. It definitely strikes the balance between rewarding old readers yet being accessible to new readers. And the art! Sheesh Finch is perfect for that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    That run gets kind of overlooked imo. Maybe it's because Bendis, Lemire and Ellis are much more popular. But it's among the best imo. It definitely strikes the balance between rewarding old readers yet being accessible to new readers. And the art! Sheesh Finch is perfect for that book.
    Yeah, Finch spoiled me for future MK artists. Anytime I imagine MK in my mind, he's drawn by Finch. The art alone makes that run worth getting (not that the writing wasn't pretty darn cool too).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I was disappointed in the MCP short Moon Knight story recently.
    I'd rather MK get a 2-3 issue 6/8pg story than something like that throw-a-way piece.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I was disappointed in the MCP short Moon Knight story recently.
    I'd rather MK get a 2-3 issue 6/8pg story than something like that throw-a-way piece.
    I'll take something over nothing.

I thought the MCP short was a nice piece in and of itself and if it proves to be a dry run for a MK mini or ongoing from that team in the future, that's cool with me.

Ideally, I'd love to see a monthly MK all the time but while we wait for that, I thought the short was an encouraging sign that Marvel isn't just forgetting about the character.

Nice! Welcome to the fan club.
    I'd highly recommend the Huston/Benson run. It's one of the darker runs and really gets pretty vicious. But it never degrades into shock value. It has a fantastic balance of character work, "holy @$&" moments and fast moving plots. They use the supporting cast well also. And it has some AMAZING artwork by Finch.
    Thanks, much appreciated. I’ve definitely been looking into finding those collected editions, but right now they are out of my price range, especially after having paid for all three epic collections. I’m hoping I get those soon. I’m sure they'll Keep me good for a bit and then I’m off to hunt what I’m missing. Think they’ll ever reprint these? I would think only if a major announcement is made, like a show or a movie for MK. I think it was just before the first Guardians movie was announced that they solicited the Abnett & Lanning Complete Collection, or maybe the other way around, but definitely real close to one another. And before that, the four of five trades were up there in price. I’ll keep a look out for sure. Thanks again!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Thanks, much appreciated. I’ve definitely been looking into finding those collected editions, but right now they are out of my price range, especially after having paid for all three epic collections. I’m hoping I get those soon. I’m sure they'll Keep me good for a bit and then I’m off to hunt what I’m missing. Think they’ll ever reprint these? I would think only if a major announcement is made, like a show or a movie for MK. I think it was just before the first Guardians movie was announced that they solicited the Abnett & Lanning Complete Collection, or maybe the other way around, but definitely real close to one another. And before that, the four of five trades were up there in price. I’ll keep a look out for sure. Thanks again!
    You're welcome! The trades are pretty common at conventions in my experience, if you can't find them used on Amazon for cheap. I do think we'll get Complete Collections of that run eventually. Finch is an A list artist. If a Moon Knight show or movie ever gets green lit I think we'll see them for sure.

Xpac, I also see Finch's Moon Knight when I think of the character. He was perfect for that book. I also think Deodato draws a fantastic Moon Knight.

Got my Moon Knight Epic Collections in the mail yesterday! They smell great! You guys ever smell your books? Anyhow, the Werewolf By Night Issue’s were hard to get through. I couldn’t find one thing I liked about the character. And obviously it was his book, his supporting characters and their ongoing issues. I was happy to find the next couple of issues, The Marvel Spotlight ones, were fantastic and were focused on just Moon Knight. You can tell MK is a bit from the start. I love it.

Any leads on where MK is likely or stated to show up next?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Any leads on where MK is likely or stated to show up next?
    The Contagion weekly story in October and an arc of Avengers next year.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Contagion weekly story in October and an arc of Avengers next year.
    Appearing in Rosenberg's Punisher, Moon Knight plays a part in the current title's swan song.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Appearing in Rosenberg's Punisher, Moon Knight plays a part in the current title's swan song.
    That Punisher run was SO good. From the War Machine armor insanity to the Bagalia stuff I just loved it. I'd be super into Rosenberg taking a shot at Moon Knight. He can really do dark action and mixes the fantastic with the street stuff so well.

That Punisher run was SO good. From the War Machine armor insanity to the Bagalia stuff I just loved it. I'd be super into Rosenberg taking a shot at Moon Knight. He can really do dark action and mixes the fantastic with the street stuff so well.
    With the Punisher's current series coming to an end, I'm looking forward to what Rosenberg has in store for Moon Knight.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Best Moon Knight runs?
    Still not read Lemires run.
    I’d read Ellis’ run and “The Bottom” but not the rest of Huston’s run.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Best Moon Knight runs?
    Still not read Lemires run.
    I’d read Ellis’ run and “The Bottom” but not the rest of Huston’s run.
    My top 3:
    1. Ellis
    2. Moench
    3. Englehart (if it counts)

Ellis did 6 issues and so many of you treat that like it's MK gold. Overrated I say.

1. Moench for certain
    2. Marc Spector: Moon Knight - the most "superhero" take on MK, I'd say the first 1/2 for certain, the back 1/2 is more uneven
    3.Huston run - I have a love/hate with his run cause he essentially set the character down the DID path which is not MK. Marc has multiple identities NOT personalities. Awaiting the retcon of the retcon.