Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what sort of adversaries should appear in the first season of the show? Raoul Bushman? Beyond that, who else?

Should it be NYC only or globe-trotting mysteries? I hope the latter, including New York. Put more of Marc's history as a traveling mercenary into play.
    Morpheus, Werewolf by Night, the Moon Kings, Black Spectre, Stained-Glass Scarlet, The Moon Kings, Midnight, Black Spectre again.... all of them!

I do hope they incorporate some of the globe-trotting aspect - that's why I've long thought MK deserved a movie franchise - he's like if Indiana Jones were Batman, but more violent and unhinged.

I haven't seen a superheroes movie (or show) in a long time. I got burned out by seeing too many them. I always said that if they make Moon Knight or Thunderbolts movie/show I'll watch it.

I don't see this show coming out until 2023 or 24, regardless I'm excited for this show.

Also, they better put Werewolf by Night.

Mighty Member

I think the first and main villain/antagonist has to be Bushman. Maybe for a prolonged period at the beginning he's a friend or associate but by the end of the first season I definitely think he'll be the main bad guy.

I'm mixed on this. On the one hand... Moon Knight show, awesome! On the other, it's Disney and not Netflix or somewhere like HBO or AMC. I'm almost certain it will be closer to PG than PG 13 and I think R is out the window. I think it will be tough to do Moon Knight in a PGish way that holds my interest. Not that I have to have a lot of violence or adult themes, but I don't really think Moon Knight is a character that works as well when there's restrictions on how dark you can get.

Incredible Member

Think it would be safer to stick to the Mr. Knight persona only and use Mark/Steven/Jake as aliases as against trying to push his DMD(?) as they have been trying to do in recent years...

Notwithstanding - looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Rod Reis throwing his hat into the ring.
    https://twitter.com/RodReis/status/1...386806272?s=20

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Rod Reis throwing his hat into the ring.
    https://twitter.com/RodReis/status/1...386806272?s=20

That’s awesome. Would love a MK as trippy as Elektra: Assassin in terms of art.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

So does his MCU announcement mean there will so be another Moon Knight series? His most recent run last for 26 issues, which is an achievement in this day and age, now?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I would like him to be rooted in a more OG style.
    Marc is ex-military, turned Merc who hones various fighting styles. His near death experience in/around an Egyptian tomb causes him to take up the mantle of Moon Knight. He thoughtfully and consciously creates Stephen Grant(playboy) and Jake Lockley (cabbie) as identities he uses to further the cause of justice. Justice that folks like The Committee and Bushman escape.

He is NOT mentally challenged with D.I.D. cause lets face it fans that is not a solid hero look. Check your news. Ex-military white guy with mental issues seem to be shooting up malls, festivals and work places. Marvel, use this as the time to retcon Houston's retcon and get Marc/Moon Knight back to basics. I don't care if you have to bring in Mephisto at this point to do it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I don't see the D.I.D./mental illness aspect of Moonie ever leaving the character again. It's become too engrained in the last few runs, a lot of writers jump at him because of the aspect and in this day and age, the diverse aspects of a mentally ill superhero and how he navigates that illness are going to be too enticing to pass up. At best all you can hope for is how heavy handed writers use it. It's either going to be "ok, we've addressed it let's move on" like Ellis or a major factor in the story like how the most recent Lemire and Bemis runs are.

The days of them just being aliases his uses are long gone.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    And Mary Jane and Peter were always going to be broken up forever.
    Steve was never going to be Cap again...this time.
    Insert Retcon/Change here for 'x' character you want.

There is literally nothing positive about D.I.D. for a hero. Diverse aspects? That's a joke right?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    And Mary Jane and Peter were always going to be broken up forever.
    Steve was never going to be Cap again...this time.
    Insert Retcon/Change here for 'x' character you want.

There is literally nothing positive about D.I.D. for a hero. Diverse aspects? That's a joke right?
    There are people with mental illnesses who would like to see heroes with the same. See stories similar to theirs. What’s a joke?

And you’re being purposely obtuse if you really believe those “retcons” compare.

Extraordinary Member

I really didn't like how they made the D.I.D. something he had since a kid...would have been something that kept him out of the Corp and the Company. Just my $0.02...It should have been caused by trauma during his time in the CIA. Have him be part of something like Treadstone in the Bourne stories. Everyone thought he came thru it all right....but he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I would like him to be rooted in a more OG style.
    Marc is ex-military, turned Merc who hones various fighting styles. His near death experience in/around an Egyptian tomb causes him to take up the mantle of Moon Knight. He thoughtfully and consciously creates Stephen Grant(playboy) and Jake Lockley (cabbie) as identities he uses to further the cause of justice. Justice that folks like The Committee and Bushman escape.

He is NOT mentally challenged with D.I.D. cause lets face it fans that is not a solid hero look. Check your news. Ex-military white guy with mental issues seem to be shooting up malls, festivals and work places. Marvel, use this as the time to retcon Houston's retcon and get Marc/Moon Knight back to basics. I don't care if you have to bring in Mephisto at this point to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I don't see the D.I.D./mental illness aspect of Moonie ever leaving the character again. It's become too engrained in the last few runs, a lot of writers jump at him because of the aspect and in this day and age, the diverse aspects of a mentally ill superhero and how he navigates that illness are going to be too enticing to pass up. At best all you can hope for is how heavy handed writers use it. It's either going to be "ok, we've addressed it let's move on" like Ellis or a major factor in the story like how the most recent Lemire and Bemis runs are.

The days of them just being aliases his uses are long gone.
    It's nice to see readers who understand that originally he did not suffer Dissociative Identity Disorder, and that it's a recent thing.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

When I first heard about MK (in the original OHTMU series) it seemed clear to me that his multiple identities were an homage to The Shadow.

I was a bit surprised when it was made a clinical disorder….

MOON KNIGHT Returns this December In 'Awesome & Unexpected Way' Says MARVEL E-i-C

https://www.newsarama.com/46740-moon...vel-e-i-c.html
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."