Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Yeah, hopefully The Skrull Kill Krew shows up to break up the suburban angst. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrull_Kill_Krew
    If the Skrull Kill Krew shows up, this goes from a "maybe" to a "definite buy" for me.

-Pav, who wouldn't mind seeing Crusader again either...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I love the premise, I just can't afford another book right now. I hope people check it out and its a success, though.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Put it to you like this; how long have they been there?
    Working with someone on a long enough timeline can result in feelings for that coworker to begin developing. This also works in the Skrull's benefit because if the female does start expecting that's not only useful to produce more potential sleeper agents and fighters, but also keeps cover. Nobody is going to find it weird that the wife is expecting kids and has to be away to raise them. Also if she has to leave at some point for something Skrull related she can use the cover of it being for the kids. This also works in their benefit because as impressionable as children are, you can just tell them **** and they'd believe it for a lack of anything different. You could tell them to spy on people and they'd do it without trouble because mommy or daddy said so. Simply having them go to school or interacting with their peers at the right age makes the whole thing more believable, especially if they grew up there and would be naturally intimate with the social structure and technology.

There is a gap in knowledge of social interactions and technology between age groups, and that would be all the more problematic for someone from another country let alone another planet.
    Also consider that Skrulls normally do have to take the time to blend in. Secret Invasion was so devious not only because of the brainwashed sleeper agents but they had been doing it for so long. But those had been as established people.

Just being a regular person means you have to forge quite a bit of information like birth certificates, social security, online presence, credit card data, schooling, down to simple things like genealogy. People do indeed look for things like that in background checks. Now they could use an established family sure, but the Skrulls have to account for extended family, the ins and outs of social life among the area, work, etc

It's just easier to go long term and raise an agent or two because you only have to get two identity's instead of four of varying ages.
    ....I have yet to meet a toddler that could actually keep a secret, let alone a secret as big as being a shape changing alien.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    ....I have yet to meet a toddler that could actually keep a secret, let alone a secret as big as being a shape changing alien.
    I probably imagine it's different for a toddler who's indoctrinated into being a Skrull spy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I probably imagine it's different for a toddler who's indoctrinated into being a Skrull spy.
    I know ...I know... suspension of disbelief dial to level eleven. Essh
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Course, the flip side being because he's a toddler no one would believe him anyways.

Maybe they homeschooled them until they were of an age to understand secrecy?

I know ...I know... suspension of disbelief dial to level eleven. Essh
    How did they keep the kid from from shifting when it was an infant? That is the kind of thing company would notice.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Niffleheim

Were the kids born looking like a Skrull or Human? Or were they born already before moving to the surburbs? How did that bit happen?
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-06-2019 at 01:05 AM.