Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Action Comics#1007 Spoilers and Discussion

spoilers:
    Jimmy's new girlfriend is a cult member and takes him to a meeting, he takes photos, which angers his girl and he flees. The building is then destroyed in another arson attacks. Jimmy crashes back at the Planet and an angry Perry demands he give him something to publish, Jimmy stutters, Perry tells him to get out.

Meanwhile, Lois meets with her father Sam and tells him she is in love with Superman and that Jon is his son, she says she married Clark because he devotes his life to the truth, but the big lie is that he cannot see her faults, and that a truly great man must see that in order to completely love her, which is why she is now telling her father. Sam walks away,.

In Atlanta, Superman hears a cry for help and catches a woman falling out of a building. It's Amanda Waller. Supes goes to check on her attackers, but the building explodes in a burst of blue light. Clark evacuates as many of the building's tennants as possible and returns to find Amanda has gone
    end of spoilers

it's difficult to get a reading on Bendis' Lois sometimes and while she makes it clear she loves him, I can already tell some people will get very annoyed at how she views Clark now due to her "epiphany", but it's for the best that Bendis has finally let her open up to a certain character as that'd have caused a lot of awkwardness when the summer is over for Jon.

Jimmy and Perry's exchange was pure jokes, Jimmy being asked to hand back his clearance pass, he admits he doesn't have it, Perry asks "THEN HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN HERE?"
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-30-2019 at 02:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    She said Superman can't see "her" faults. Honestly it was about time they told Sam the truth and not because of what's happening with Jon.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    spoilers:
    She said Superman can't see "her" faults.
    end of spoilers
    I know, it was a typo on my part

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    spoilers:
    She said Superman can't see "her" faults. Honestly it was about time they told Sam the truth and not because of what's happening with Jon.
    end of spoilers
    Maybe, but spoilers:
    for the sake of their family up to that point, it's completely understandable why they didn't. That would potentially paint a military target on the backs of every person Clark knows, if the military at some point decides they need him to do something without question.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    As for the conversation in general... I'm curious why she said that. They've been married for at least 11-12 years according to current continuity, that's long enough for most to see the whole of a person.
    He loves her for all of her, including the faults.

I'm also wondering if her not wearing her wedding ring is intentional. That's not exactly reassuring.
    end of spoilers
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

BANNED

spoilers:
    I don't disagree with Lois telling Sam the truth, but the fact is she never specifically said Clark was Superman either, so who knows where this will lead to. Either Sam misinterprets her words or he geninually now thinks Clark is Superman. We won't know 'till the next few months.

But boy howdy I've already seen the reaction to this elsewhere online and it's just...not good. "Cuck Kent" is the general consensus on 4chan. People seriously think DC are out to outright villify Lois and prepare readers mentally for a more justified seperation. Bendis has said the contrary will unfold, but I can't help but feel like DC want to soften the blow for a future writer to split the two up while also giving Lois' critics plenty of ammunition to justify it

Also, Bendis has retconned or at the very least diminished the ending of Jurgen's run just a tad where Sam made peace with the Kents, now he's back on bad terms with Lois?
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think this will lead to the reestablishment of the triangle between clois and superman. Other than that, i still like sam lane way better than Jor El in this run.good issue overall. I hope and wish, this will not lead to "poor clark" nonsense. But it looks like it. Angst is not something i want right now. I guess i would just have to drop these books then. Supersons only for me, if that happens.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-30-2019 at 04:10 AM.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

spoilers:
    this issue i think main problem is lois confess to her father,i mean if dc want use this lame reason(sam misunderstand lois words) to give superman and lois marriage problem,then i must say i'm disappointment,and honestly this issue i really have some interesting is about who attack amanda,and what happens to amanda,why she just disappear.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This definitely makes it look like they are going to go the marriage to Clark is a lie or purposely was used by all “three”to cover Jon’s parentage route. Lois either didn’t get a chance to, or had no intention of, telling Sam that Clark is Superman. And what she does tell him reads like she’s admitting that her marriage to Clark is the lie and she’s in love with Superman. Cant really read it any other way. Not a big fan of this direction if that’s the case, but it’s more for how Bendis will handle the fallout. Don’t necessarily mind the inverted triangle idea, but getting there by making the marriage a sham is an ugly way to do it.

The remainder of the issue was pretty good. Liked the Jimmy stuff, though Amanda Waller’s involvement this early was interesting.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't disagree with Lois telling Sam the truth, but the fact is she never specifically said Clark was Superman either, so who knows where this will lead to. Either Sam misinterprets her words or he geninually now thinks Clark is Superman. We won't know 'till the next few months.

But boy howdy I've already seen the reaction to this elsewhere online and it's just...not good. "Cuck Kent" is the general consensus on 4chan. People seriously think DC are out to outright villify Lois and prepare readers mentally for a more justified seperation. Bendis has said the contrary will unfold, but I can't help but feel like DC want to soften the blow for a future writer to split the two up while also giving Lois' critics plenty of ammunition to justify it

Also, Bendis has retconned or at the very least diminished the ending of Jurgen's run just a tad where Sam made peace with the Kents, now he's back on bad terms with Lois?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    On the one hand, it’s definitely an ugly way to treat Lois character to like the “general” DC public. She is going to come off looking horrible in that sense. But it’s not “real” in the sense that obviously her and Clark will be fine. But on the other it in a way places even more of the burden of Clark’s secret identity on Lois. She’s taking the obvious real world reputation hits Clark used to take. Just I really really dislike that it will be used to justify more “Lois is a whore” jokes in universe to the extent we used to get Clark Kent is a coward jokes. I find that distasteful.

People who hate Lois are going to hate her anyways. With the way it looks to be being told, they are at least going to be identifying with the “bad guys” in the books. Maybe a little self awareness will kick in.

However, I think DC editorial probably loves this idea. It eliminates all the “boring” in their eyes marriage stuff and makes the marriage more fantastical. More importantly for them it’s a story set up that lets them tell the classic Clark and Lois stuff and the classic Superman and Lois stuff. This does all they want without eliminating the marriage in a technical sense.

And of course this is all dependent on how that plays out. I don’t think we are going to get a straight answer to that for a while. Likely not until at least after Leviathan and Unity Saga conclude.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-30-2019 at 05:22 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Does anyone feel like this is going to lead to superman returns type of deal? With jon, clark(richard) and lois as family. With superman trying to swoop in and take lois and jon from Clark(Richard). Atleast, that would be how the general public in dcu views this. Maybe it is just me, since was watching it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Could Bendis not flat out tell the audience from Lois pov what she is trying to do? I think we have a good idea, but continuing to be ambiguous about it each issue and only giving us clues from what Lois says is not a effective method.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Does anyone feel like this is going to lead to superman returns type of deal? With jon, clark(richard) and lois as family. With superman trying to swoop in and take lois and jon from Clark(Richard). Atleast, that would be how the general public in dcu views this. Maybe it is just me, since was watching it.
    That’s definitely my preference. I think it works out best for all the characters. It’s still a definite possibility given how vague Lois still is being. I also think in character that’s the way both Clark and Lois would want it to play out.

But I think Bendis is going in the inverted triangle direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    IMO, there is no justification for a real separation/divorce, so they can prepare all they want - it'll just go the same way "Truth" did. They do that and they lose me - and I won't be coming back until Didio/Lee/whoever is long gone. I don't care if they brought Dan Jurgens and Brett Breeding and the entire Triangle Era group back to write/draw the separation story (if it were to happen), at that point they could all kiss my @$$, lol.

I think they're going to make it look bad for awhile, perhaps, but we've had that before - Death of Clark Kent, the Parasite-Lois story, etc. If they're doing some kind of "it has to look like 'X' to the public but Lois & Clark really doing 'Y' for a greater purpose" then fine. But they sniff anywhere near a real divorce, then grab the popcorn - because heads will roll. Not even Batman V Superman would compare to the rage they'd get from people.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by JAK; 01-30-2019 at 05:52 AM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Always Rakzo

Well, Bendis continues to be the King of decompression by creating a chapter where barely anything happens. There are a few things to like as seen with the more important role that Jimmy Olsen is playing (although at this point he should realize when he's dealing with cults and crazy people) and the conversation between Lois and her father seemed genuine enough despite that the consequences might be bad and will be most likely Lois's fault which considering how many bad things she's doing lately, won't make people like her as a whole (See Heroes in Crisis this week).

That being said, barely anything happens. Is just setting-up pieces for the story that is about to come and the issue ends before you even start wondering where things are going.

Oh well, at least the art was good.

Okay, i'll steer away from the Lois debate, not because I don't think it isn't important, but because I think more competent peoples than me are already talking about it.

No, what I want to talk about is... let's call it the "game-changer". See more in spoilers below.

spoilers:
    So... Leviathan apparently has access to something, or someone, which can create that kind of bombing. I can't tell if it's purely an explosion, an implosion or something in between, but I really feel as if it was something that a meta could do, and survive to do again and again. possibly the Leviathan hinted as a character by Bendis. I can't remember if it was set up in Metropolis or not yet, but I'll make a midly bold prediction: the Leviathan arc will see Red Cloud start her path toward the side of the angels.

Here is how I see things happening. Leviathan will strike at Metropolis, which will obviously unnerve the Invisible Mafia. At first, I believed them to be together, the latter a local arm of the former, but with how blatant Leviathan is about wiping out of secret cults and organizations, I don't think they are anymore. The IM wants to be unnoticed, even with a meta who can somewhat go toe to toe with Superman. I think that the highlight of the arc will see Lois and Clark forced to ally with the Invisible Mafia to stop Leviathan. Of course, the IM will get out on top, with some weapons, possibly some metas, to play the long game against Superman. But Red Cloud will also experience for the first time that her powers can be used for good and accept Superman's offer to join the good guys, in due time.

I know it may be far-fetched, but it's really how i feel right about now. I guess we'll see in a few months how wrong I was - probably entirely but still! It's fun to try to predict what will happen
    end of spoilers

Edit : Also, Clark is totally surveying Goode, and it's make him distracted.
    Last edited by Korath; 01-30-2019 at 06:26 AM.