Master Hero Vladimir

Default Nicest Things Superman Has Done

Superman is described as the greatest of all superheroes and an absolute saint of a Kryptonian, and for the most part, he does live up to those reputations, so I thought it would be a good idea if we bring up the best moments where Superman walked the extra mile for his fellow man. These moments can be from the comics, the movies, the TV shows, or whatever, but all that matters is that Superman acts like the noble and benevolent hero we all know him as.
    Superman 1.jpg

BANNED

Consoling that suicidal girl in All-Star Superman.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

While doing the right thing, saving people from themselves and each other, is entirely altruistic at his pace, there's typically that intersection of power and responsibility. In a lot of cases you can argue thay concern breeds a feeling of obligation and thay certain situations become priorities that are just as difficult to ignore as to satisfy. But Superman is set apart by that extra step. He's there when it's decidedly less convenient and less than life threatening.

Superman will take the time to be sweet and an important thing is not only acknowledging that his heart brings him to the point of doing (or not doing) impossible things, but that frankly, for various reasons he'll act in a situation where he is reluctant. His altruism isn't based on feeling good about himself. Check out Metropolis Mailbag

The Siegel Superman was king of human interest and generally speaking, the newspapers were often his finest hours. Stuff like helping a guy stand up to his rich mother in law, helping countless orphans with various inconsequential things.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I think the nicest thing Superman has ever done for a friend was the time he took on the memories of Batman's torture at the hand of the Joker during the Emperor Joker storyline. The Joker had acquired the powers of Mr. Mxyzptlk and had taken over the world and shaped it into his own image. Batman was tortured relentlessly and was killed and resurrected every night and it broke him psychologically. He still remembered all of the torture even after the Joker was defeated and the world was restored. With the help of the Specter, Superman volunteered to take on the memory of the torture so Batman wouldnt have to remember it and constantly relive it. Not only do I think its the nicest thing Superman ever did for a friend, it was a super feat in and of itself. It shows that Superman has a Super-Psyche to be able to hold that much trauma in his mind and not be broken by it. And how did Batman repay Superman for his friendship? He shot him witha missile from the Batwing once he found out. Typical lol

Astonishing Member

There's always so much focus on the idea that Superman could have become a dictator or something with all of his power but I think that's really obscured the much more meaningful fact that he could have easily live a perfectly ordinary life and helped no one at all. While I personally believe half of the reason Superman is Superman is because he enjoys the adventure I think the other half is a strong sense of duty that is entirely born of just look around at the world and realizing it's a screwed up place that needs a hand. No dead parents, or dead fiance, or cursed existence, just a level headed observation of the world around him.

The first time i really noticed Superman and could see that he was someone truly special was All Star Superman #9.

Superman returns from his trip from Bizarro world and sees that two Kryptonians:Bar-El and Lilo have arrived on Earth. Superman hopes they could become Earth's next protectors. But his hopes are dashed. They serve as antagonists in that issue.

But once they find that they are dying, Kal actually helps them. They are really satisfied by Kal's dealings and his compassion. I have not seen something like this in any other superhero before.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

this because fixing thy ******* enemy's window is the kindest thing anyone can do.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-06-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Retired

Superman stopped Larry Trent's suicide on February 20th, 1939--in the daily strip--which was reprinted in SUPERMAN No. 2 (Fall 1939).

The Man of Tomorrow gave a little girl back her eyesight, in "The Girl Who Didn't Believe in Superman," SUPERMAN No. 96 (March 1955), which was a comic book adaptation from "Around the World with Superman," season 2, episode 26, THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN.

The Action Ace gave the old used-up Earth, destroyed by humanity, a new lease on life in the far distant future, in "Even a Superman Dies," ACTION COMICS No. 387 (April 1970).

The Last Son of Krypton flew into the realm beyond the living world to save his cousin, Kara Zor-El, in "Where No Superman Has Gone Before," DC COMICS PRESENTS No. 29 (January 1981).

The Man of Steel defeated C. W. Saturn, a being of pure evil, on the third Monday in May, in the novel MIRACLE MONDAY (1981).

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    The first time i really noticed Superman and could see that he was someone truly special was All Star Superman #9.

Superman returns from his trip from Bizarro world and sees that two Kryptonians:Bar-El and Lilo have arrived on Earth. Superman hopes they could become Earth's next protectors. But his hopes are dashed. They serve as antagonists in that issue.

But once they find that they are dying, Kal actually helps them. They are really satisfied by Kal's dealings and his compassion. I have not seen something like this in any other superhero before.
    Thanks, somehow that was a major example in my head and I couldn't recall it. I was thinking about how he treats people as people who do wrong instead of wrong people.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES