-Harley saying Yahtzee
    -Deadshot is undoubtedly leading the team
    -lots of witty dialogue between villains

I'm surprised DC didn't just make this a suicide squad movie

Things I didn't like
    -Not enough Batman or the Joker
    -Not really feeling Harley's costume
    -Random jennifer hale voicing killer frost

Definitely way better than Batman and Son and Justice League War but not up to the standards that the arkham series set.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Definitely way better than Batman and Son and Justice League War but not up to the standards that the arkham series set.
    Good to hear (er, read).

I really like the "heist" feel of this, and I definitely want to check it out, soon.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Going to be watching this tonight! I really enjoyed JL:War and SoB (Still don't understand why a lot of folks dislike those films but whatevs), so I have no fear going into this. And so far reviews for this film have been solid! It's a DC/WB animation, I really shouldn't expect less.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Another thing I like is how dangerous the Joker is in the arkham series. I didn't quite get to see his skill in asylum or city but clearly in the early days of his career joker wasn't afraid to throw down.
    I was worried the whole Harley/Deadshot/Joker thing would drag the movie into twilight territory but since all the characters are villains and crazy it just ends up being really enjoyable to watch.
    DC really needs to get started on a suicide squad series

I'm actually glad to hear that there isn't a whole lot of Joker and Batman, they have had enough of the spotlight and it's good to give the other characters time to shine.
    Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share -- I'll never stop fighting. Ever.
    -Superman, Action Comics #775

Ultimate Member

As for why they didn't just make this a Suicide Squad movie, it's really simple. DC thinks that movies don't Batman, Superman, or JL related "don't sell" based off of their past efforts. So it's a case of them essentially making a Suicide Squad movie, but slapping Batman's name on because they think that it will increase sales. Just like Flashpoint Paradox was basically a Flash movie, but with Justice League slapped on it for marketing purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    As for why they didn't just make this a Suicide Squad movie, it's really simple. DC thinks that movies don't Batman, Superman, or JL related "don't sell" based off of their past efforts. So it's a case of them essentially making a Suicide Squad movie, but slapping Batman's name on because they think that it will increase sales. Just like Flashpoint Paradox was basically a Flash movie, but with Justice League slapped on it for marketing purposes.
    And the new Aquaman movie has JL attached to it too. But as long as it contains heavy Aquaman it shouldn't be a problem.
    Does anyone think the new film is titled Batman v Robin because it'll attract more sales as opposed to CotO?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Jennifer Hale voiced Killer Frost in Injustice as well as B/S: Public Enemies and the Justice League animation so I suppose that's the reason why she's here.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 07-29-2014 at 11:19 AM.

I mean Batman and Joker really only appear heavily during the beginning and the end other than that its just the suicide squad going on a mission.
    Calling it Suicide Squad:Assault on arkham would have worked better since this is in the arkham game series and that franchise doesn't even need the batman name to push characters.

KGbeast almost had a more embarrassing exit than electrocutioner

Was the Riddler portrayed well? I hated how they depicted him in the first couple minutes preview and hoped it got better.

movie was dope as hell soo much better than son of batman

Ultimate Member

Yeah how was Riddler's portrayal here? He's my favorite Bat-villain and they got Dr. Spencer Reid to voice him, so please tell me that they didn't screw him up?

Spectacular Member

I like this movie, deadshot is awesome

Now this was my favorite DC Animated flick since Flashpoint Paradox. A good bounce back after JL War and Son on Batman

Deadshot was MVP of the movie. Joker stole every scene he was in and Batman was badass as usual

Wow, Batman took a huge backseat here which I didn't mind one bit. Suicide Squad were awesome as hell especially Deadshot & Harley!!
    Joker was pretty cool too, and Batman with little screen tome he had was still the total boss.

Only complaint is Conroy as Batman. He just doesn't do it for me. If they wanted to stick with the arkham games use Roger Craig Smith instead.

All in all a solid 9/10 for me! I better plot device other then the "dirty bomb" & Conroy as Batman stopped it being perfect for me!

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah how was Riddler's portrayal here? He's my favorite Bat-villain and they got Dr. Spencer Reid to voice him, so please tell me that they didn't screw him up?
    He was fine with what little screen time he had. Certainly gave that crazy vibe.