Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Just finished it.

So awesome.

Probably the funniest DC animated movie.

King Shark? Harley? Hilarious. And I've never been a fan of these characters before.

Loved how stylized everything was, from the music, to the transitions/split-screen, etc. I'd hope this is how they'd make a live-action movie (or the Sinister Six movie). Loved the little character interaction moments like Deadshot and Boomerang playing darts.

Great voice acting, and of course, great action, as is expected with Jay Oliva. The ridiculous violence totally fit for the Suicide Squad.

I guess the action scene with the other Arkham inmates didn't seem to fit very well, and it almost feels like they're just there (along with Batman's inclusion) just so they can link this to Batman and the Arkham games for marketing purposes. Luckily it wasn't too long though and served as a decent enough chaotic backdrop while Lawton and company try to escape.

The overall story didn't go anywhere, which is disappointing, but it was still enough to keep me invested to the end, which is more than I was expecting.

Waller cleavage was radonk.

8/10
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 07-31-2014 at 07:31 AM.

I didn't like all the dubstep in the beginning but they toned it down for the rest of the film
    Harley Quinn kinda got strangled by the red string in this but at least they somewhat showed how the Joker needs her in a twisted way.
    Batman let all those poor cops and staff die while posing as black spider. truly arkham batman only cares about the lives of the villains he's stopping.

Incredible Member

This was really average.

The characterization was too shallow for my tastes to appreciate the Suicide Squad.

It also feels out of place to be in the Arkhamverse. It seemed to matter very little in that context.

The only nice things about the movie were the voice acting and the action-animation.

It was really...all over the place.

I don't get people saying that Batman was in it very little. If anything, once the Squad arrive in Gotham, the screen-time is pretty much split 60/40 between them and Batman.

Batman was pretty cool and badass, but I thought he was remarkably cold-hearted in this. I mean, he just let Deadshot waste all those guards while he was in disguise as Black Spider (you'd think he'd at least try to throw off the guy's aim by "accidentally" bumping into him or something)? Not to mention the lack of reaction when he finds out about the bombs and realizes that he effectively signed Black Spider's death warrant?

Also, holy shit a lot of people died in this movie. Black Spider, King Shark, KGBeast, heck, I think even Killer Frost was implied to have been killed by Bane chucking her car into a wall and causing it to explode.

Joker was pretty funny, though, and Harley Quinn was tolerable. Though I'm baffled by Joker suddenly doing all those backflips and kung-fu moves. Like, what? Not to mention, he was effectively kicking Deadshot's ass for half of their fight. Yeah, I call bullshit on that. Deadshot could drop his ass without trying.

Also, they really pushed the mature rating with this one. Swearing, sex scenes, almost bare boobs...I don't think any other DC animated film has been this bold before.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

This was much better than I thought it would be. Harley got really good lines and was voice acted really well. Deadshot was a total bad-ass (a good of showing of one of my favourite DC villains) and totally made the Joker look like a punk when he out-bluffed him. I liked how Batman wasn't the main protagonist and instead shown as the more mysterious guy stalking the villains. Though I couldn't help but root for Floyd and he finally got to off Waller. Now I want to see more Deadshot leading tv shows and movies and whatever. Also I liked Killer Frost too. I'm more used to the New 52 Killer Frost so seeing the past one was new to me, but I liked it and thought she did a good job too. I didn't expect the level of violence and stuff it would be though going into it but then when I saw Batman punch that guy at the start of the movie and there was blood, I then knew what to expect. I also liked when it turned out Batman was Black Spider because that was a great "aha!" moment when I figured it out a few moments before the characters did. This movie had lots of great lines, mostly from Harley but Cap Boomerang had some great ones too. Yahtzee!
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    It was really...all over the place.

I don't get people saying that Batman was in it very little. If anything, once the Squad arrive in Gotham, the screen-time is pretty much split 60/40 between them and Batman.

Batman was pretty cool and badass, but I thought he was remarkably cold-hearted in this. I mean, he just let Deadshot waste all those guards while he was in disguise as Black Spider (you'd think he'd at least try to throw off the guy's aim by "accidentally" bumping into him or something)? Not to mention the lack of reaction when he finds out about the bombs and realizes that he effectively signed Black Spider's death warrant?

Also, holy shit a lot of people died in this movie. Black Spider, King Shark, KGBeast, heck, I think even Killer Frost was implied to have been killed by Bane chucking her car into a wall and causing it to explode.

Joker was pretty funny, though, and Harley Quinn was tolerable. Though I'm baffled by Joker suddenly doing all those backflips and kung-fu moves. Like, what? Not to mention, he was effectively kicking Deadshot's ass for half of their fight. Yeah, I call bullshit on that. Deadshot could drop his ass without trying.

Also, they really pushed the mature rating with this one. Swearing, sex scenes, almost bare boobs...I don't think any other DC animated film has been this bold before.
    Joker's fighting abilities vary considerably depending on the writer. Sometimes he's really weak and you can beat him up pretty easily. Other times, he can give Batman a pretty decent fight. Plus, he's been fighting Batman for years, maybe he picked up a few moves along the way.

I loved it. Better than Son of Batman (which I really liked and enjoyed, don't care what others say) but not as good as Under the Red Hood or The Dark Knight Returns. Loved the Squad, loved Harley, good to see Waller back to being the 'Wall', Deadshot was a badass (though not crazy about the voice, eh), loved the violence and sex stuff (come on, I can be a little shallow), the action scenes were good, and Batman was a force of nature. Riddler could have been done better or given more respect, but small complaint. A decent, fun Suicide Squad movie featuring the Batman, heck yeah!

Ultimate Member

I've been rather disappointed with the recent films in that regard. It's one thing to have mature content if it really fits your story naturally. Under the Red Hood, The Dark Knight Returns, Wonder Woman, etc all fit that. But I feel like the more recent ones (aside from maybe Flashpoint Paradox) have been gratuitous with it. It's not that that kind of stuff is needed for the story that they're telling, they're just including it to make their movies seem more "mature" and because they have a PG-13 rating. Ironically, it actually makes them see, LESS mature. However, if you're going to have that kind of stuff in one of these movies, then this is kind of the right one to do it. Suicide Squad has always had a gratuitous and over the top streak to it, and it's essentially a team of psychos and villains. So it works better here than in something like Superman Unbound of JL War for example.

This movie made me a deadshot fan guy was awesome.

Seriously although i'm so glad it wasn't batman/joker centric it let the suicide squad shine, but how does joker always survive those "should be dead" situations i really wonder how now.

The little love triangle with joker/harley/deadshot was so enjoyable (and was definitely a better love story than twilight).

I like that they did kill off half the squad too lives up to the name.

Shall definitely add this to my top 5 fave DC animated movies.

It was "ok" for a Batman movie......

Pros
    Solid designs
    Interesting Joker
    Some funny lines. I loved Joker's line about his gun.
    I liked that the Suicide Squad turned on each other.
    It isn't Son of Batman..........

Cons
    Riddler should have been WAY more intimidating with a respectful portrayal.
    Some weak voice actors (outside of Conroy and Baker of course)
    WAAYYYYY too much focus on Deadshot

I don't know. It wasn't bad like Son of Batman but this isn't one I would watch again and again like Under the Red Hood or Return of the Joker. It was just kind of meh.

Amazing Member

Love the film, not as much as I love Under The Red Hood and The Dark Knight Returns, but definitely loved it.
    Sure it's not as deep and thought provocative as the two Batman movies I mentioned but it's FUN.
    From the start, you can tell straight away that the movie does not take itself, the characters and the plot "seriously", and neither should you.
    It's a different direction compare to what DC animations has offered so far, and a good one at that.
    Not plain corny and campy as JL: Trapped in Time, nor does it pretended to be serious and ended up failing badly like JL: War and Batman: SoB.
    It has sex, violence, parodies and jokes that referenced to past Batman works in an over the top slick manner.
    (An interesting way to celebrate the 75th year anniversary.)

Therefore I guess if you don't like these sorts of movies, you'll probably find it dull and tasteless.
    At least that's the vibe I been getting from the online reviews so far.
    Or maybe I'm just biased because I haven't seen as many "cult" or "B-grade" movies so this is pretty fresh to me.
    Last edited by Septaryeth; 08-01-2014 at 06:48 PM.

I thought this was pretty good. The lack of Batman is made up for by a pretty entertaining script and some great performances.

I lol'd quite a few times, particularly when the 'yahtzee' joke comes around.

Some pretty vicious, bloody stuff in the midst of a really good time.

Interesting amalgamation of Penguin personas for his brief appearance.

Some fun gratuitous t n' a moments as well.

For something I'll probably never watch again, this was fun.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Actually, another thing I didn't like - the scene with Penguin guzzling raw fish. Dude, I get he's a "penguin", penguins eat raw fish, har, har, but seriously, that scene made me facepalm.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Now this was my favorite DC Animated flick since Flashpoint Paradox. A good bounce back after JL War and Son on Batman

Deadshot was MVP of the movie. Joker stole every scene he was in and Batman was badass as usual
    Well I am glad to see that I am not the only person who loved this. It's the best DC animated film I've seen since Flashpoint/Paradox. And what makes it even more amazing was the fact that it's not actually something that I would normally enjoy. A story about a bunch of un-hinged villains basically doing a heist. It goes to show what you can do with well planned creativtiy.

I also really liked the Joker in this. Most of the times he's just portrayed as just a babbling loon. Not the nasty, sadistic predatory psychopath that he is supposed to be. But he was all that in this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Well I am glad to see that I am not the only person who loved this. It's the best DC animated film I've seen since Flashpoint/Paradox. And what makes it even more amazing was the fact that it's not actually something that I would normally enjoy. A story about a bunch of un-hinged villains basically doing a heist. It goes to show what you can do with well planned creativtiy.

I also really liked the Joker in this. Most of the times he's just portrayed as just a babbling loon. Not the nasty, sadistic predatory psychopath that he is supposed to be. But he was all that in this film.
    Hey, I said I liked the movie too.