Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Batman knows everyone’s shift at Arkham lol...And I loved the last scene of Deadshot. This dude own the movie. He needs his own comic.

Loved it! I was sold from the moment Harley bite off that woman's ear.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrikishaw View Post
    Hey, I said I liked the movie too.
    Sorry, I meant I thought that I was the only one who thought that this was the best DCUA film since Flashpoint:Paradox. I loved that film.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Batman knows everyone’s shift at Arkham lol...
    I actually thought that scene was a bit Martystuish. I know Batman/Bruce is a genius and probably has a eidetic memory but I found that scene was a bit over the top.

Ultimate Member

Compared to some of the other things that he's pulled over the years, not even close.

It's way better than all the New 52 animated films that have been coming out. I really enjoyed Killer Frost, Boomerang, and Deadshot's performances. Also did Killer Frost die? There is no way she could have died in a car explosion when Joker somehow made it out of that helicopter crash.

Not sure if she died or not. Wasn't shown.

I'm just going to say she lived because so many people died.

I hope that DC will make more suicide squad movies like this.

Why wouldn't he keep details of the staff roster in case one of them didn't show up for work suspiciously, perhaps because they were kidnapped by an accomplice to get an inmate released? It's just a sensible preventative measure on his part to keep track of the details and rota of the staff.

I found this an enjoyable romp but how Batman was able to not only beat Black Spider but change outfits with him so quickly was a little squiffy. That he apparently brought a second cowl to use after he put one on Black Spider was also a little odd. Didn't seem like the kind thing he could have kept in his belt.

I was interested in the Killer Frost/King Shark chemistry, shame nothing more came of that.

This movie also made me hope that we get a rated R Suicide Squad movie someday. That would be epic although I doubt WB will allow that, same reason why there will never be a Rated R Wolverine flick

Ultimate Member

Well Suicide Squad is more of a niche title than Wolverine is right now, so I could see WB MAYBE doing it. However, a "hard PG-13" COULD potentially work fine, at times it's hard to tell the difference between the two actually.

I enjoyed it, though I think the association to the Arkham games really added nothing to the narrative. Certainly the visuals were inspired, but if you told me this was a completely isolated story and had nothing to do with the games, I'd believe it. My less-geeky-than-I-am sister enjoyed the movie, and so did I.

MrWayne

It was a good one overall....but the last few DC movies have been hit and miss....they were really on high when Dark Knight Returns part 2 came out, all their films were big hitters up until then! aftter that they were in the ok-good category! They should have either made this longer, or simply a full on Suicide Squad film with Batman and Joker appearing as guest stars !! deadshot was great in this one, the only one wasted,or um blasted was KGBeast but thats okay coz the rest of the squad was pretty decent!still an ok-good good one though. 7/10
    ~Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    It was really...all over the place.

I don't get people saying that Batman was in it very little. If anything, once the Squad arrive in Gotham, the screen-time is pretty much split 60/40 between them and Batman.

Batman was pretty cool and badass, but I thought he was remarkably cold-hearted in this. I mean, he just let Deadshot waste all those guards while he was in disguise as Black Spider (you'd think he'd at least try to throw off the guy's aim by "accidentally" bumping into him or something)? Not to mention the lack of reaction when he finds out about the bombs and realizes that he effectively signed Black Spider's death warrant?

Also, holy shit a lot of people died in this movie. Black Spider, King Shark, KGBeast, heck, I think even Killer Frost was implied to have been killed by Bane chucking her car into a wall and causing it to explode.

Joker was pretty funny, though, and Harley Quinn was tolerable. Though I'm baffled by Joker suddenly doing all those backflips and kung-fu moves. Like, what? Not to mention, he was effectively kicking Deadshot's ass for half of their fight. Yeah, I call bullshit on that. Deadshot could drop his ass without trying.

Also, they really pushed the mature rating with this one. Swearing, sex scenes, almost bare boobs...I don't think any other DC animated film has been this bold before.
    I understand those complaints. I was really taken aback by the tone of the movie which I didn't expect/didn't know about when first watching. You're right, a lot of people were killed in the film along with what some might call unnecessary sexually implied moments (I counted three scenes with nearly bare-breasted content). I didn't like how the Joker was a better than average fighter. I never got that about the Joker really. The cameo appearances by some of the more notable characters such as Poison Ivy and Bane were nice little nuggets I guess.

This is the most bold DC animated film so far. I do like that it's different and that Batman isn't in the spotlight. Overall I think I liked it.

Thoroughly enjoyed this, hopefully it leads to a standalone Animated Suicide Squad movie and encourages DC Animation to do more stuff besides Batman, I'm sure a Rogues animated feature could be great.

I'm surprised they offed Shark, I would of liked to have seen his and Killer Frost friendship develop a bit more, it was actually kinda sad when he died.
    One nice little touch I thought was when Batman shows up and it just flashes to all the Squads faces, and all of them have that same look of terror lol.

Does anyone know whether the US DVD set is region free? There is apparently no release of the Special Edition in Region 2 territory and I can't find any information on region lock for the DVDs.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."