Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member tv horror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    246

    Default I think that Jensen Ackles should be the new Wolverine.

    Given all the actors suggested for the role I can't think of a better choice. He has the maturity screen presence and a ready wit, all the ingredients for a great Wolverine. He has my vote does anyone else agree?
    Hail Hydra!

  2. #2
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,522

    Default

    He should be anyone but Wolverine. He can do a nice gravely voice but that's all hes got going for him. Hes looks like a tough guys next to Sam and Castiel. Put him next to John Bernthal or Tom Hardy(From what I can tell the most popular choices) and hes gonna look like a Male model(yes tom hardy is a Male model but he has a proven track record of being able to pull off tougher characters on screen.) Also Ackele has shown no evidence he can make the leap from TV to film so I think a role owned by Jackman for 15years is not for him. Give him something that hasnt been done. Booster gold, Redhood. Or something that's been done so many times we dont care like Bruce Wayne.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Given all the actors suggested for the role I can't think of a better choice. He has the maturity screen presence and a ready wit, all the ingredients for a great Wolverine. He has my vote does anyone else agree?
    Ah...........no! I don't agree.

    I don't think his acting ability nor the looks to enable him to pull this off. He can portray a less iconic character....but Wolverine, no way.

  4. #4
    Spam Hunter Conn Seanery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1997
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,236

    Default

    Zach McGowan. He's got the look, the physique, and not being so big of a name will, IMO, ease the transition/passing of the claws.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

    "They wouldn't need coal if they could run the red states on hypocrisy." ~Bill Maher

  5. #5
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Zach McGowan. He's got the look, the physique, and not being so big of a name will, IMO, ease the transition/passing of the claws.
    He also is a smaller guy so as long as he could add some muscle mass he could work. Has a natural deep voice Jensen ackles is an act for the show

  6. #6
    Spam Hunter Conn Seanery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1997
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    He also is a smaller guy so as long as he could add some muscle mass he could work. Has a natural deep voice Jensen ackles is an act for the show
    I tried to get into Supernatural back in the day and just couldn't. While it wasn't the sole reason, I definitely remember one of them being that I couldn't stand listening to Ackles' "tough guy" voice. I get that it was a choice, but still.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

    "They wouldn't need coal if they could run the red states on hypocrisy." ~Bill Maher

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,816

    Default

    Just in terms of the mechanics of doing it...

    - The guy is still probably contracted for at least one season.
    - Even if they raced to do it, the next film that might call for a Logan would be at least three years away.
    - By that most probably unlikely window of time, the guy would already be approaching his mid-forties. Not exactly optimal if you intend on making more than one film.

  8. #8
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    i have only two requirements for Wolverine. He should be short (5' 9" at most) and he should be Canadian. Movie audiences got a tall Australian for two decades, now let's have a Canuck hero that really is a Canuck.
    🌞 calling occupants of interplanetary craft

  9. #9
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just in terms of the mechanics of doing it...

    - The guy is still probably contracted for at least one season.
    - Even if they raced to do it, the next film that might call for a Logan would be at least three years away.
    - By that most probably unlikely window of time, the guy would already be approaching his mid-forties. Not exactly optimal if you intend on making more than one film.
    Ackles definelty doesnt look his age, he could play the role for years I just dont see a Wolverine in him at all. John Bernthal is my top choice, hardy is cool too and after Seanery suggested it Zach McGowan could work his a smaller guy stature wise and he played one hell of a bad ass as Charles Vane. But Yea a John Bernthal Wolverine working off a Jason Mamoa Sabertooth would be ideal

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,876

    Default

    I love Ackles for Gambit. No attempt should be made for an accent, but he would be so perfect for Remy. My friend and I do a podcast and we recently did our take on who we would cast for four superhero movie franchises, one of which was the X-Men.

    He's been in a couple of superhero movies and he's already Thanos in the MCU, but I think the best option for Wolverine was Josh Brolin. He just looks mean. He also has a smaller frame compared to the likes of Jackman, but looks like he can pack a lot of muscle within that smaller frame. If anyone could bring everything to the table, I think it's Brolin.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ackles definelty doesnt look his age, he could play the role for years I just dont see a Wolverine in him at all. John Bernthal is my top choice, hardy is cool too and after Seanery suggested it Zach McGowan could work his a smaller guy stature wise and he played one hell of a bad ass as Charles Vane. But Yea a John Bernthal Wolverine working off a Jason Mamoa Sabertooth would be ideal
    See, I don't entirely disagree there.

    I'm just not sure that a guy who just ended a fifteen season plus gig is going to want to jump right into a "With 'X' amount of sequels..." contract. Maybe a single film and a sequel.

    It seems like a year or two of John Public life might have it's appeal to that specific person.

    Never mind that the guy is most likely not the guy for the role.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 02-05-2019 at 10:57 PM.

  12. #12
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,969

    Default

    He neither has the looks(Wolverine should never be handsome or sexy, not in a classic sense anyway) nor the acting chops(though, personally, I don't think the archetype of Wolverine is really that hard to pull off acting-wise).
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  13. #13
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    He neither has the looks(Wolverine should never be handsome or sexy, not in a classic sense anyway) nor the acting chops(though, personally, I don't think the archetype of Wolverine is really that hard to pull off acting-wise).
    Wolverine is very good looking but yea more in a John Bernthal busted nose tough guy type way then a Justin bieber type way. Ackles is more Beiber. Though Tom Hardy was a Male model and he has transformed for roles so I guess anything is possible.


    @thirty. Yea and have they said they are done after 15 seasons cause I don't see that show ending untill the actors walk away. A smaller role could be easier to work around but being Wolverine is all gigantic. It's a huge commitment

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wolverine is very good looking but yea more in a John Bernthal busted nose tough guy type way then a Justin bieber type way. Ackles is more Beiber. Though Tom Hardy was a Male model and he has transformed for roles so I guess anything is possible.


    @thirty. Yea and have they said they are done after 15 seasons cause I don't see that show ending untill the actors walk away. A smaller role could be easier to work around but being Wolverine is all gigantic. It's a huge commitment
    Not even remotely sure.

    Around season thirteen, I thought I read that they are on one or two year contracts. Can't even begin to wrap my head around how that must work for that duo and the CW.

    It seems like it must be like "It's Time To Make The Donuts..." for them now. While it's tough to see them doing the show into their late forties, it also seems like it's not an impossibility.

  15. #15
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    I think Jensen Ackles should get a part in a CBM, but not Wolverine. Personally, I think he'd make a great Batman and, ideally, I'd like to see him reprise the role of Jason Todd as a live-action Red Hood.

    As for Wolvie himself, I dunno who should play him, but a lot of these picks are flat-out impossible: Bernthal's already the Punisher, Hardy's Venom* and Momoa (though mentioned as Sabretooth somewhere above) would never jump ship from Aquaman, which just made a billion dollars for WB.

    I think the MCU needs to avoid Wolverine for as long as they can. Jackman owned the character for close to 20 years, and there shouldn't be any rush to replace him.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •