Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I think that Jensen Ackles should be the new Wolverine.

Given all the actors suggested for the role I can't think of a better choice. He has the maturity screen presence and a ready wit, all the ingredients for a great Wolverine. He has my vote does anyone else agree?
    Hail Hydra!

He should be anyone but Wolverine. He can do a nice gravely voice but that's all hes got going for him. Hes looks like a tough guys next to Sam and Castiel. Put him next to John Bernthal or Tom Hardy(From what I can tell the most popular choices) and hes gonna look like a Male model(yes tom hardy is a Male model but he has a proven track record of being able to pull off tougher characters on screen.) Also Ackele has shown no evidence he can make the leap from TV to film so I think a role owned by Jackman for 15years is not for him. Give him something that hasnt been done. Booster gold, Redhood. Or something that's been done so many times we dont care like Bruce Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Given all the actors suggested for the role I can't think of a better choice. He has the maturity screen presence and a ready wit, all the ingredients for a great Wolverine. He has my vote does anyone else agree?
    Ah...........no! I don't agree.

I don't think his acting ability nor the looks to enable him to pull this off. He can portray a less iconic character....but Wolverine, no way.

Zach McGowan. He's got the look, the physique, and not being so big of a name will, IMO, ease the transition/passing of the claws.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Zach McGowan. He's got the look, the physique, and not being so big of a name will, IMO, ease the transition/passing of the claws.
    He also is a smaller guy so as long as he could add some muscle mass he could work. Has a natural deep voice Jensen ackles is an act for the show

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    He also is a smaller guy so as long as he could add some muscle mass he could work. Has a natural deep voice Jensen ackles is an act for the show
    I tried to get into Supernatural back in the day and just couldn't. While it wasn't the sole reason, I definitely remember one of them being that I couldn't stand listening to Ackles' "tough guy" voice. I get that it was a choice, but still.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Just in terms of the mechanics of doing it...

- The guy is still probably contracted for at least one season.
    - Even if they raced to do it, the next film that might call for a Logan would be at least three years away.
    - By that most probably unlikely window of time, the guy would already be approaching his mid-forties. Not exactly optimal if you intend on making more than one film.

I wasn't familiar with the name, but after I googled him and was like "Oh, that guy!" I agree; good pick.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Too old. Already 40 right? They should probably go for someone at least in their mid 30's.

In other words, the guy who started this thread is Jensen Ackles, right? Jensen, you so silly!

Anyway, given that Wolverine is decades old in the comics, why can't Ackles or any older actor play him? I don't know if Ackles can be a movie star, but he shouldn't be disqualified based on his age.

As for height, now that the general public knows Wolverine as Hugh Jackman, I think it's not a great idea to all of a sudden cast someone short. Even Marvel doesn't draw him that way anymore.

What's your next recasting suggestion, a white Nick Fury? Guys, don't be crazy.

This was my 666th post. I was bein' evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wasn't familiar with the name, but after I googled him and was like "Oh, that guy!" I agree; good pick.
    I've been a huge fan of his since Black Sails. Charles Vane was hand down my favorite character on that show. I cant imagine him with Wolverone like hair but to be fair the best Jackman looks were when they said fu** the goofy hair let's make him look more reasonable. Xmen 1 watching it now he just looks silly. And his hair got better every movie.

Age matters but it depends someone like Jensen Ackles is older but hes not gonna age over night. It's like people saying Terry crews is to old for Cage. Some people dont age like the rest of us. Ackles is in the category. For both Ackles and Crews the problem for me is acting ability. I dont know if they have the range. In all honestly I'd rather they cast the rock as Cage anyway. The Rock combined with the MCU.... I'm guessing it's a megahit. And before someone says the MCU has a Luke Cage. The MCU events exist in the shows but the shows dont impact the movies they can easily put big screen version of these characters in the MCU. Though I think DD and Punisher were better suited for long format. Cage and ironfist were hurt too much by the budgets.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-07-2019 at 02:11 PM.

BANNED

He's not wrong for the part, but maybe too reminiscent of Jason Mamoa?
    After Hugh Jackman's portrayal, I think Wolverine must be "rugged but handsome". Zach is not ugly, but less handsome than Jackman IMHO. Don't get me wrong, but I think that - after Jackman's depiction - public is not willing to embrace a radically different guy IMHO.

I think McGowan would make a better Submariner, but I still agree he'd be a good Wolverine.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think McGowan would make a better Submariner, but I still agree he'd be a good Wolverine.
    I think they should just make submariner Asian. Uninformed non comic fans think hes Asian anyway. Plus there arent alot of chances to bring Asian characters it.

McGowan or Statham both could make a good Taskmaster aswell.