Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I think Jensen Ackles should get a part in a CBM, but not Wolverine. Personally, I think he'd make a great Batman and, ideally, I'd like to see him reprise the role of Jason Todd as a live-action Red Hood.

As for Wolvie himself, I dunno who should play him, but a lot of these picks are flat-out impossible: Bernthal's already the Punisher, Hardy's Venom* and Momoa (though mentioned as Sabretooth somewhere above) would never jump ship from Aquaman, which just made a billion dollars for WB.

I think the MCU needs to avoid Wolverine for as long as they can. Jackman owned the character for close to 20 years, and there shouldn't be any rush to replace him.
    Momoa could always pull double duty & play both.

But yeah, a sad dream. Aquaman is what's really blown him up, so to play Sabretooth, who's basically a D-lister villain would be going numerous steps down.

But I think everyone from Fox needs to be replaced. Nobody fit the roles,imo.

I really *really* wanted him as the live action Red Hood in a Ben Affleck Batman movie, but now Affleck's done with Batman and whoever replaces him will probably look/come off as too young to have been the older mentor to Ackles' Jason, even if Ackles passes for 30-something instead of 40-something. So yeah, just feels like a missed opportunity we never got an Affleck solo Batman movie, ideally with Ackles as Red Hood.

As for Wolverine, I personally disagree against all the knocks against his acting skills for the role, but just like Jackman before him I think he has the wrong look for Wolverine, and I really feel they should get someone shorter for the role. Might be an okay Cyclops or something though. Now, if he were to voice Wolvie for an animated movie or cartoon series or something, I could get behind that.

Also, cause he keeps getting mentioned in this thread - Bernthal is just as wrong as Ackles for Wolverine. He made an excellent Punisher, but he looks and sounds nothing like Wolverine. Just no.

Astonishing Member

Scott Eastwood.

BANNED

I dig the McGowan suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I dig the McGowan suggestion.
    Yea I dont know if he has the acting chops but he has a deep voice and though small in stature carry a himself like a badass in most movies hes in. Give him some of those Jon Jones Picograms so he can get Henry Canvil level jacked and he would be kinda perfect. Hes also a. Attractive dude but in the way Bernthal or Mamoa are not in the way Decaprio or Jackman are.

I think he'd make a good Cyclops.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Zach McGowan. He's got the look, the physique, and not being so big of a name will, IMO, ease the transition/passing of the claws.
    I wasn't familiar with the name, but after I googled him and was like "Oh, that guy!" I agree; good pick.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Too old. Already 40 right? They should probably go for someone at least in their mid 30's.

In other words, the guy who started this thread is Jensen Ackles, right? Jensen, you so silly!

Anyway, given that Wolverine is decades old in the comics, why can't Ackles or any older actor play him? I don't know if Ackles can be a movie star, but he shouldn't be disqualified based on his age.

As for height, now that the general public knows Wolverine as Hugh Jackman, I think it's not a great idea to all of a sudden cast someone short. Even Marvel doesn't draw him that way anymore.

What's your next recasting suggestion, a white Nick Fury? Guys, don't be crazy.

This was my 666th post. I was bein' evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    In other words, the guy who started this thread is Jensen Ackles, right? Jensen, you so silly!

Anyway, given that Wolverine is decades old in the comics, why can't Ackles or any older actor play him? I don't know if Ackles can be a movie star, but he shouldn't be disqualified based on his age.

As for height, now that the general public knows Wolverine as Hugh Jackman, I think it's not a great idea to all of a sudden cast someone short. Even Marvel doesn't draw him that way anymore.

Tom cruise would have made a good wolverine. Some people are too obsessed with appearance. Wolverine is short but can anyone imagine if Hugh Jackman never got the role? there are too many superficial belief ruining comic movies. a comic movie is not a good film if the characters don't were colourful costumes. the acting , script, directing, none of those matters. its about the physical appearance. Can anyone name any other iconic actor to play a superhero but Hugh Jackman? I can only think of Christopher reeves. Jackman never had the physical appearance, he had everything else that makes wolverine such a great character.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Honestly, for Nick Fury they should actually use that idea that was floated around for James Bond where the name is part of the 007 identity.

So making a white Nick Fury can just be hand waved as "That was that Nick Fury, I'm the new Nick Fury."
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wasn't familiar with the name, but after I googled him and was like "Oh, that guy!" I agree; good pick.
    I've been a huge fan of his since Black Sails. Charles Vane was hand down my favorite character on that show. I cant imagine him with Wolverone like hair but to be fair the best Jackman looks were when they said fu** the goofy hair let's make him look more reasonable. Xmen 1 watching it now he just looks silly. And his hair got better every movie.

Age matters but it depends someone like Jensen Ackles is older but hes not gonna age over night. It's like people saying Terry crews is to old for Cage. Some people dont age like the rest of us. Ackles is in the category. For both Ackles and Crews the problem for me is acting ability. I dont know if they have the range. In all honestly I'd rather they cast the rock as Cage anyway. The Rock combined with the MCU.... I'm guessing it's a megahit. And before someone says the MCU has a Luke Cage. The MCU events exist in the shows but the shows dont impact the movies they can easily put big screen version of these characters in the MCU. Though I think DD and Punisher were better suited for long format. Cage and ironfist were hurt too much by the budgets.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-07-2019 at 02:11 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Zach McGowan. He's got the look, the physique, and not being so big of a name will, IMO, ease the transition/passing of the claws.
    He's not wrong for the part, but maybe too reminiscent of Jason Mamoa?
    After Hugh Jackman's portrayal, I think Wolverine must be "rugged but handsome". Zach is not ugly, but less handsome than Jackman IMHO. Don't get me wrong, but I think that - after Jackman's depiction - public is not willing to embrace a radically different guy IMHO.

I think McGowan would make a better Submariner, but I still agree he'd be a good Wolverine.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think McGowan would make a better Submariner, but I still agree he'd be a good Wolverine.
    I think they should just make submariner Asian. Uninformed non comic fans think hes Asian anyway. Plus there arent alot of chances to bring Asian characters it.

McGowan or Statham both could make a good Taskmaster aswell.