Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Kevin Smith Sheds Light on Zack Snyder's Planned Justice League Trilogy

https://www.cbr.com/kevin-smith-zack...trilogy-plans/

The sequel would have had the League leave Earth and travel to Apokolips to confront Darkseid, leading to a colossal battle that would most likely involve New Genesis, Darkseid's rival planet and home to the New Gods. The battle would have involved the Green Lanterns,...

Despite the heroes' best efforts, the film would have had ended with the League defeated and Darkseid coming to Earth, where he "levels it."...

The end of the trilogy would have taken place in the post-apocalyptic world Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne saw during the Knightmare dream sequence in Justice League. With their world decimated, the League would have gathered together one last time for their final stand against Darkseid and his Apokoliptian forces.
    Boy I am glad this isn't getting made, sounds like a hot mess.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Sounds a lot like what they’re doing with the avengers. And i’d rather see the jl take on luthor’s league.

BANNED

So basically we wind up with Taco Tuesday.

Bravo Snyder

BANNED

Snyder is the worst

Well, right behind the “release the Snyder cut!” folks.

Saw Kevin Smith was talking about BvS and said hes seen it alot of times. And everytime he watches it hes like" its gonna kick in now.... kick in now.... kick in now..... credits.... awww fu**" lol had me cracking up

But he still watches it. BvS is still talked about. Snyder is still talked about. DC is still talked about.

Most of Marvel's movies and directors aren't talked about. Instead, people just say they're waiting for the next one. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Boy I am glad this isn't getting made, sounds like a hot mess.
    "The end of the trilogy would have taken place in the post-apocalyptic world Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne saw during the Knightmare dream sequence in Justice League. With their world decimated, the League would have gathered together one last time for their final stand against Darkseid and his Apokoliptian forces."

I liked the Knighmare sequence a lot. JL versus Darkseid sounds good to me.

I'm starting to wonder if people really do prefer Schumacher's movies to Zack's, and that frightens me.

Spectacular Member

So basically Infinity War and Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    So basically Infinity War and Endgame.
    Nope.

https://twitter.com/smcolbert/status/968208308040499201

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    "The end of the trilogy would have taken place in the post-apocalyptic world Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne saw during the Knightmare dream sequence in Justice League. With their world decimated, the League would have gathered together one last time for their final stand against Darkseid and his Apokoliptian forces."

I liked the Knighmare sequence a lot. JL versus Darkseid sounds good to me.

I'm starting to wonder if people really do prefer Schumacher's movies to Zack's, and that frightens me.
    The whole problem is where do they go from there? Snyder was setting up the world to fit his storyline alone which is hard to build a franchise of films off of which was WB's whole goal. Plus once you pull the "ruined earth" card it is hard to come back from that. That premise in itself is usually the death nail when it comes to comics as every comic universe that peters out usually end with the decimated Earth troupe.

Well, the Justice League movie really should have been delayed I think. It was a huge mistake to have Whedon re-film things and basically redo it. Snyder's vision gets a lot of flack, but I maintain it would have been better to hold to that vision and make people adjust their thinking rather than try and be like the MCU. Right now I feel like the DCU is just yet another unfinished movie franchise that we'll never get.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

What a miserable, depressing load of shit.

This would have also resulted in Darkseid and these movies being seen as pale imitations of Infinity War and Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well, the Justice League movie really should have been delayed I think. It was a huge mistake to have Whedon re-film things and basically redo it. Snyder's vision gets a lot of flack, but I maintain it would have been better to hold to that vision and make people adjust their thinking rather than try and be like the MCU. Right now I feel like the DCU is just yet another unfinished movie franchise that we'll never get.
    "Dont be like the most sucsessful franchise on the planet, just force people to like your idea"

Thats a terrible idea and would both kill your franchise and anger the viewers
    Last edited by jetengine; 01-31-2019 at 03:17 PM.

JL should have been delayed, and Whedon shouldn't have been brought on to reshoot. But not to allow for the completed original vision. Rather to start the teardown right then and there. They should have noted the necessity for it after BvS, a movie which for the first time put the Trinity on the screen together, managed to underperform. I'll repeat. A movie that put Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman on the screen together for the very. first. time. underperformed. How that didn't tell them that the plan wasn't working I don't know. In no shape or form should the first meeting of these characters on a live action screen been anything but epic, and when it absolutely was not, when it landed with the complete and unbelievable thud that it did, that should have been the tell-tale sign that the direction was all sorts of wrong. They didn't take the L there, an undeniable hard pill to swallow don't get me wrong, but by not swallowing it then it resulted in an even more massive L later.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-31-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    JL should have been delayed, and Whedon shouldn't have been brought on to reshoot. But not to allow the completed original vision. They should have noted the necessity for the teardown after BvS, a movie which for the first time put the Trinity on the screen together, managed to underperform. How that didn't tell them that the plan wasn't working I don't know. In no shape or form should the first meeting of these characters on a live action screen been anything but epic, and when it absolutely was not, when it landed with the complete and unbelievable thud that it did, that should have been the tell-tale sign.
    Heres the issue. Zack filmed both back to back. By the time WB knew this wasnt working JL was already very much under way.

Aw damn, yeah, I forgot about that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El