Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

And apparently there is a whole other version in Superboy # 182
    That starts with a supposed "forgotten files" meta retelling of "history"

...although this time it's "Bat-Lad" and another proto costume.
    Although what emerges from this hypothetical continuity is a darker self named "executioner" version of Batman.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-11-2019 at 09:46 AM.

If all that veered way off topic, just to bring it back.
    The first actual portrayal of Batman's origin outside comics, was on the surprisingly dark episode of Super Friends Super Powers Team era; "The Fear", which narrates it by way of a flashback triggered by Scarecrow.

Last edited by Güicho; 04-11-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

According to Amazon, DC Comics is going to release a hard cover collection (similar to the Showcase Presents) of the first 26 issues of Super Friends. They are listing the date as 12/31/19.

I don't know if it will be in color or black and white (like the Showcase Presents was).

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Friends...gateway&sr=8-1

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    According to Amazon, DC Comics is going to release a hard cover collection (similar to the Showcase Presents) of the first 26 issues of Super Friends. They are listing the date as 12/31/19.

I don't know if it will be in color or black and white (like the Showcase Presents was).

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Friends...gateway&sr=8-1

Thanks for posting this. I sure hope it's in color. I will definitely be ordering this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    He obviously started off as a ripoff, we have Isabella himself describing it. They just had to change him enough, and through the process of "superfriendzing" him, which played ambiguously and often inconsistently with their powers, he got a tremendous power upgrade. As well as a new costume .

In the end it really does make him an all new character.
    He's more of an all-out lightning elemental (if you can call lighting an element) Besides using standard energy blasts, he can make hard-lightning constructs, bolts, lassos, cages, etc. use them to cling to lift or move people without hurting them(so electro-magnetism), Travel at lightning speed, through space, more on par with a Speedsters, add flight!, to actually transforming to living lightning etc.
    He's insanely powerful!

Like all the HB creations on the surface pretty outrageous, but they were damn powerful:
    -Apache didn't just grow, but could go to cosmic scale, where he exists moves around planets. Add his Longshadow and YJ incarnation, and pretty much extends his soul-self into a cosmic being.

-Samurai wasn't just wind, tornado, etc, but could also become fire, become invisible, and more.

-Dorado could not just teleport (himself and others as well as objects) , also had flight, like J'onzz telepathy could read minds, also generate telepathic illusions, which in essence manifest real, so like a power ring, except directly through his mind.

-The Exor Twins, obviously Jayna is essentially Beast Boy, including some mythological and alien creatures. Zan who was pretty laughable, conceptually like Jayna who could shape-shift to any animal, started off not just transforming to water based objects, but a full organics elemental shape-shiftier, could become objects of water, rock, liquid metal, crystal, etc.
    Pretty much imagine Plastic-Man if he could become objects of any element too. He was actually to powerful so they only focused on water. If given a story arc, I'd have him learn that he can access all these powers, he preferred being clowned, just cause he was so afraid to use them, for fear what he might become.

I'd love to see a story where the Seven HB created Super Friends, actually face off against classic JL Seven.

Again just please give them all pants and shirts! LOL!
    Posted @ Black Vulcan, but following up here, cause SUPER FRIENDS!

I'd love to see a story where the Seven HB created Super Friends, actually face off against classic JL Seven.
    The fights:

Apache (Tye (Manitau Raven) Longshadow) v Superman (strength leaders
    Rima (and/or Asami or a hybrid AsamiR a Birdsong girl with Chi powers) v Wonder Woman (Amazon Warriors
    Samurai (Toshio (Wind Dragon)Eto) v Aquaman (not great analogs Green Orange theme + Supernatural fire Sword vs Trident
    Vulcan (Buster L.(Lighning) Jones) v Flash (lightning Speed
    Dorado (Eduardo (Desperado) Dorado) v Green Lantern (Illusion cast made real
    Exor Twins v Martian J'onzz (Alien shape-shifters
    Gleek v Batman (Loaded Utility belt v impossible Prehensile tale

Last edited by Güicho; 09-19-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Really, Black Vulcan gets the name Buster L. Jones after his VA? I already had a backstory for him. Michael Jones runs into a mysterious lady named Rai during the blackout of 1977. Rai takes Michael to see her master, Supervolt (who is the god of lightning in the Super Friends world), and noting his bravery, Supervolt grants Michael electricity powers. He has to follow laws that basically state "I will only use my powers for good." And there's an entire rogues gallery I created for him. Electrode, who zaps electricity from their sources and once renders Black Vulcan normal; Lightning Rod, who can control electricity and makes BV's powers go haywire; Pythcobra, a cross between a python and a venomous cobra created in a genetic testing lab; and of course Livewire.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Buster Jones;

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    Really, Black Vulcan gets the name Buster L. Jones after his VA?
    Absolutely, as an homage, I think he has a great name, and presence, and as homage to the man who brought the character to life for us.
    Besides the host of Soul Unlimited, he also voiced , G.I. Joe's Doc, and original TransFormers' autobot Blaster the Living Boombox!- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4407455

At this point through figure lines, and ancillary material like JLU and YJ all the other Hanna Barbera created heroes have been given civilian names and identity. Except Vulcan himself.
    Which is the first step to further develop and humanize a character, so they are not just a powers and costume:

Samurai became civilian Toshio Eto (through the Super Powers line of figures and and comics)
    Apache became Tye (Manitau Raven) Longshadow,
    El Dorado became Eduardo (Desperdo) Dorado,
    YJ introduced a female analogue called Asami "Sam" Koizumi,
    Often added to this group by way of Super Powers line is Ashley Halberstam as Golden Pharaoh

The only one left without a civilian name is Vulcan.
    Young justice used (Virgil Hawkins) Static as his stand in, so he never got one there either.

If DC ever worked Black Vulcan into the DCU proper, one of the first things they would have to do, is give him a civilian name.

Edit:
    And if for some reason they couldn't use the Super Hero Name Black Vulcan, I would just call him Volt.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-15-2019 at 04:14 PM.

He used to go by Supervolt

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Love that line up, although I also project Dorado in there too, who appeared next few seasons, making it a total 12 v 13.
    Never noticed before, but somewhere between the animated opening shot bellow, and the title card above^ Hawkman ditched his pants!
    Also GL switches to green gloves (actually not a bad look)
    Superfriends was full of inconsistencies like that, from one frame to to the next. LOL!

Last edited by Güicho; 06-19-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Love that line up, although I also project Dorado in there too, who appeared next few seasons, making it a total 12 v 13.
    Never noticed before, but somewhere between the animated opening shot bellow, and the title card above^ Hawkman ditched his pants!
    Also GL switches to green gloves (actually not a bad look)
    Superfriends was full of inconsistencies like that, from one frame to to the next. LOL!

he must have been influenced by the others fashion sense. imagine if the rest of the team went pantless as well.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    he must have been influenced by the others fashion sense. imagine if the rest of the team went pantless as well.
    Yes he was clearly trying to make the new pantless heroes; Apache, Vulcan and Samurai, feel at home. Also being bearchested opened the door to Dorado, these guys bristle with ethnic pride.

Ironically in this case it's when they miscolored Vulcan's costume, by acedentaly adding pants and filling out the cowl, he actually looks better!

Mostly the HB Heroes really just need pants and shirts. It's like the easiest thing to start an update.

And keep adjusting them from there.
    Add Rima or Asami or combine them into a new character AsamiR, the civilian personalities and names from YJ, Tye Longshadow, Eduardo Dorado, Toshio Eto(SuperPowers), and you have the start of a full alt JL multi cultural team.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-19-2019 at 04:14 PM.

And keep adjusting them from there.
    Add Rima or Asami or combine them into a new character AsamiR, the civilian personalities and names from YJ, Tye Longshadow, Eduardo Dorado, Toshio Eto(SuperPowers), and you have the start of a full alt JL multi cultural team.
    Re; adding Asami Koizumi
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-28-2019 at 05:13 PM.

One of my favorite episodes was “Terror from the Phantom Zone” from season 2 I believe. It was always a treat when there was an actual villains so seeing characters from the Zone was awesome. I didn’t mind that they weren’t actually characters from the comics. In the episode, they expose Superman to red kyryptonite making him rapidly age. He had to return to the site where Krypton exploded to find the cure. For some reason I thought that part was really exciting. The only downside to the episode is some atrocious animation as Superman ages. Still, it was one of my favorites.

E17E9BC9-D0AA-4701-9433-FBA656FFF6CE.jpg

3CCD68C9-C672-49EA-8E8A-DE8C72B501A8.jpg

88DD8AA8-DE35-47E1-89C0-3EABFC49F5A9.jpg