Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Marvel/IDW line of all ages books questions...

Anyone reading these? If so how are they? Are they just sticking with the 3 titles or will they expand eventually beyond the 3?

I haven't read the Avengers or Black Panther one, but I have read the Spider-Man one, and it's pretty decent for what they are, as All Ages books. If you liked the old Marvel Adventures series, these are a nice companion piece to them.

I got the first issue of Avengers and thought it was decent. Looking forward to issue 2 coming out tomorrow. As Inversed stated. If you like the Marvel Adventures line which I did then you will like these.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I haven't read the Avengers or Black Panther one, but I have read the Spider-Man one, and it's pretty decent for what they are, as All Ages books. If you liked the old Marvel Adventures series, these are a nice companion piece to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I got the first issue of Avengers and thought it was decent. Looking forward to issue 2 coming out tomorrow. As Inversed stated. If you like the Marvel Adventures line which I did then you will like these.
    I loved both Marvel Adventures back circa 2008-2010 and was devastated when the books all got canceled.

Do you think it'll be just these three books or they'll expand the line soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan1983 View Post
    I loved both Marvel Adventures back circa 2008-2010 and was devastated when the books all got canceled.

Do you think it'll be just these three books or they'll expand the line soon?
    I was upset when they canceled the Marvel Adventures line to. I think they will come out with more depending on the sales of the first 3.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I read the first Avengers issue and thought it was a pretty solid start even if it felt like there was a bit too much going on that then they could pack into a single 22-page comic.

I did appreciate that it felt more Earth's Mightiest Heroes then Avengers Assemble.

doesn't the Black panther one not come out till March?

Yeah. Issue 2 was originally meant to be out this month, but now issue 1 launches on March 13.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

I'd like them to add a few more titles to the lineup like an Xmen book and a Thor or Captain America book.

I'd like them to add a few more titles to the lineup like an Xmen book and a Thor or Captain America book.
    I'm surprised they're not doing a Guardians one, to be honest.

I'm not. Frankly, they're yesterday's news. Vol 3 isn't certain to happen now and the comic no longer has a movie synergy roster.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm not. Frankly, they're yesterday's news. Vol 3 isn't certain to happen now and the comic no longer has a movie synergy roster.
    I think "yesterday's news" is a bit much when I think they're probably one of Marvel's most recognizable properties now.

But I guess with what you say in mind it's not all that surprising to see them not get an all-ages title.

All-New Member

Something tells me they won't expand the line and will keep it at 3 titles, sadly.

Looking back at the old Marvel Adventures line, their selection was pretty small, started off with just Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and Avengers, and then later Iron Man, Hulk, and Super Heroes (which had every issue focus on a different character). I could see them doing one or two more Marvel Actions later down the road, but I don't think there will be too many.

There was a Guardians Of The Galaxy Marvel Universe book, based on the TV series alongside Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man, but like those two, it was literally just screen caps of an episode put together to fit an issue. So I'm thankful we're back to full on original issues as opposed to the super cheap and lazy ones like those were.

Something tells me they won't expand the line and will keep it at 3 titles, sadly.
    Probably depends on how the books sell to be honest.

Like, assuming the X-Men get into the MCU I don't see IDW doing their own all-ages X-Men book. They're too hot a Marvel property not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    There was a Guardians Of The Galaxy Marvel Universe book, based on the TV series alongside Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man, but like those two, it was literally just screen caps of an episode put together to fit an issue. So I'm thankful we're back to full on original issues as opposed to the super cheap and lazy ones like those were.
    Yeah, if you're going to do an all-ages book, at least have it be original content and not regurgitated episodes of a cartoon.