Default Robin Comixology Sale: 101 Comics for 99 cents each

https://www.comixology.com/Robin-101...Robin_101_Sale

They've got Robin's (Dick) first appearance in Detective 38, Robin: Year One, and many other books about different Robins, on sale. (though, the book counts definitely favor Damian)

Count breakdown:

Dick Grayson: 20 books
    Jason Todd: 6 books
    Tim Drake: 11 books
    Stephanie Brown: 2 books
    Damian Wayne: 62 books

Fantastic Member

I already have a lot of these, but these was a great chance to get "A Lonely Place Of Dying" which I haven't read.

Damian Wayne gets 62 books while Dick and Tim get only 20 and 11? That's pretty bizarre.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Damian Wayne gets 62 books while Dick and Tim get only 20 and 11? That's pretty bizarre.
    I thought the same, but since the tagline for the sale is "Prepare for the Rise of Robin!", I guess it makes sense. Maybe this sale should have just been the Damian Robin books.

Maybe next year we'll get a better sale for the Robin 75th.

Yeah, I'm a big Tim fan, but I can't argue with the decision to put the emphasis on Damian. Much more impact on current continuity, and I expect they'll get more sales that way.

Tim's solo Robin series should be 99 cents every day.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Well he's the most recent Robin and the other guys haven't been Robin for almost 30 years or longer, so it makes sense.

Plus it's promoting Robin Rises.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Spectacular Member dick_wingnut's Avatar

The banner image on that site just reminds me that Tom Grummet is still the best Robin artist ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Well he's the most recent Robin and the other guys haven't been Robin for almost 30 years or longer, so it makes sense.
    Tim Drake stopped being Robin in the late 2000's. I don't see why he isn't getting at least half of what Damian is getting. Hell, they're even using Tim's Robin logo for the sale.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Tim Drake stopped being Robin in the late 2000's. I don't see why he isn't getting at least half of what Damian is getting. Hell, they're even using Tim's Robin logo for the sale.

"That's RED robin, partner!"

Oh god, that made me die a little inside. Hahahaha
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    I thought the same, but since the tagline for the sale is "Prepare for the Rise of Robin!", I guess it makes sense. Maybe this sale should have just been the Damian Robin books.

Maybe next year we'll get a better sale for the Robin 75th.
    Well, plus, in the case of Dick Grayson at least, he is a major character in several of the Tim and Damian issues they chose, so the numbers are a little misleading.

Incredible Member

Hell, they're even using Tim's Robin logo for the sale.
    That's because it's still clearly the best.

I'm not going to complain about any Stephanie Brown exposure -- I'm pleasantly surprised DC even included her in this -- but how odd to include 'Tec #647 as one of her two issues? I know it's her first appearance, but it's not as Robin, and it's part one of a three-part story. Maybe they're hoping it'll motivate people to buy the other two issues.

(Of course, she also appears in three of the Tim Drake issues included in the sale, just as he appears in her first appearance, so there definitely is some crossover.)
    Last edited by The Lucky One; 07-29-2014 at 01:25 PM.

One book has been added to this sale. Batman 368 bringing Jason Todd's count to 7 and the total count to 102 even though it is a robin 101 sale.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I know it's her first appearance, but it's not as Robin, and it's part one of a three-part story.
    They've done the same thing with Tim, of course. First issue of the Batman: Year Three storyline, because it's his first appearance, when he's about six and definitely pre-Robin, and the other three non-Tim issues aren't in the sale. They should probably have stuck all four under the Dick Grayson category, because they're his post-Crisis origin story and he features in rather more than the couple of pages that Tim does. :-)