Default Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) Vs Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds)

Been trying to think of a genuinely interesting potential rumble for Captain Marvel, as she always seems to either stomp or get stomped due to her amazing energy powers or lack of speed.

This one seems about as interesting as I could muster.

Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) Vs Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds)

How goes it?

I vaguely recall Hal flying really close to the sun and/or throwing Parralax into it.

Did that actually happen or no? If it did I might favor Hal. But I can’t remember that movie very well.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Search your feelings, you know you want to pit Captain Marvel up against Super Johnny Storm.

I'm leaning towards Carol. Captain Marvel has a few advantages that Green Lantern lacks; Hal most certainly has more versatility with his ring but it's not strong enough to deflect Carol's high-level Photon Blasts or prevent her punches from hitting (and subsequently splatting) him. Hal injured his shoulder after being flung into an asteroid that was about the size of a car. I'm not saying Hal is a weakling or anything, but Carol is vastly stronger than anything the Green Lantern has ever faced. If hitting a small asteroid messed up his shoulder, then what happens when Carol punches/Photon Blasts him in the face?

Speaking of punches, Green Lantern might have a chance if he conjures a knockout punch -- the kind he used to send Parallax packing into the Sun. Personally, I think Carol is too fast and agile to get hit.

Overall, Green Lantern makes her work for it. I don't want to give the impression that I'm selling the Movie Green Lanterns short. Lanterns like Kilowog are incredibly powerful (e.g., conjuring a miniature star). Like how his fight played out against Parallax, an overwhelmingly superior opponent, Hal will be forced to utilize a similar strategy against Captain Marvel. Ultimately, Carol Danvers can take more risks. The same cannot be said of Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Search your feelings, you know you want to pit Captain Marvel up against Super Johnny Storm.

I'm leaning towards Carol. Captain Marvel has a few advantages that Green Lantern lacks; Hal most certainly has more versatility with his ring but it's not strong enough to deflect Carol's high-level Photon Blasts or prevent her punches from hitting (and subsequently splatting) him. Hal injured his shoulder after being flung into an asteroid that was about the size of a car. I'm not saying Hal is a weakling or anything, but Carol is vastly stronger than anything the Green Lantern has ever faced. If hitting a small asteroid messed up his shoulder, then what happens when Carol punches/Photon Blasts him in the face?

Speaking of punches, Green Lantern might have a chance if he conjures a knockout punch -- the kind he used to send Parallax packing into the Sun. Personally, I think Carol is too fast and agile to get hit.

Overall, Green Lantern makes her work for it. I don't want to give the impression that I'm selling the Movie Green Lanterns short. Lanterns like Kilowog are incredibly powerful (e.g., conjuring a miniature star). Like how his fight played out against Parallax, an overwhelmingly superior opponent, Hal will be forced to utilize a similar strategy against Captain Marvel. Ultimately, Carol Danvers can take more risks. The same cannot be said of Hal Jordan.
    I always thought that asteroid scene was weird. The small one hurts his shoulder, but then smashing a gas station sized asteroid clean in half moments later doesn't bother him much.

Parallax also blasts him in the city. The force of it sends him hurtling through a semi truck and crashing into a car and he seems ok. He also displays an ability to send opponents energy back at them. Of course, Carol's blasts are a lot faster.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure