Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Pretty sure heart attacks don't care if you're in a locked room or not.
    Bigestbthing looked over this situation is Light can decide the time of death and actual method.

If one just kills with basics, it’s a lethal heart attack.

Otherwis could pull Finsl Destinstion shit.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Bigestbthing looked over this situation is Light can decide the time of death and actual method.

If one just kills with basics, it’s a lethal heart attack.

Otherwis could pull Finsl Destinstion shit.
    Light writes: "Bane: Death by Batman"

What would the chaos be like?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

IIRC, the Death Note can't make someone do something they absolutely wouldn't otherwise do, with the exception that suicide is considered a possibility for anyone.

Then again, death by Batman is open ended, as Bruce isn't the only guy who ever wore the suit.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Regarding the power of the Note, it's able to make people do things. Light spends a period testing it at the start of the series. As I recall, he makes people write specific messages, go to certain locations or perform specific actions. In cases where his request is not physically possible, they just heart attack and die.

He can also write, "Hugo Strange gets hit by a car at xx time and xx place," and it will just look like an accident because reality will conspire there to be an accident.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

He can make the target do things, as long as it doesn't involve something that is physically impossible, or information that they don't know and that the instructions don't specify, like "Oswald Cobblepot writes Superman's secret identity on the wall before shooting himself in the head." Trying to do either of those will result in the target dying of a heart attack.

I believe that it also specified that you can't control a specific person outside of the target during the instructions, so "....gets shot by Jim Gordon" probably wouldn't work, but "...gets shot by police" probably would.

Bane though, would possibly be immune to the Death Note since ISTR that his face and name are not known to the public.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 02-09-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Light writes: "Bane: Death by Batman"

What would the chaos be like?
    In that case it would be a repeat of the bad “ False Batman’s” in which ticked off Fotham cops dressed as Batman who did bad things ( one of them shot Joker in the face, another took the Bane route with Venom.)

So yeah some whack job dressed like Batman holding one hell of a gun shooting Vane could becresult. Because yeah the Note can make it a accidental Death but nothing beyond target abilities. But also suicide deaths are a given like Heart Attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    Joker will go out of his way to find Light and the source of his power (the Death Note). As soon as all the criminals and psychos in the town start dropping Joker will burn out half the city to find Light. If Batman doesn't get to him first, the Joker will. Either way, Light is screwed as soon as he starts poking around in Gotham.
    And if the Joker got hold of the Death Note, he certainly wouldn't just settle for just letting people die of heart attacks. No, he'd write the most spectacular, over-the-top embarrassing deaths for just about every enemy whose real name he knows.

A couple of things come to mind. First, that Batman has shown a willingness to admit when something going on seems like magic and just call Zatanna to come help. From that point on, nothing that happens will necessarily follow any kind of logic Light can keep up with.

But on the other hand, it should take Light all of 10 minutes without PIS to conclude that Bruce Wayne is probably Batman, and could determine the real names of everyone who is anyone in the crime/crimefighting world from there.
    Last edited by Morning; 03-08-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I think he’ll get a bunch of random prisoners out of the gate, and then anyone with a decent online information network will track him down. I mean let’s not forget that Light is kind of a dingus and absolutely isn’t going to miss an opportunity to taunt Batman. L pretty much had him very early on and only failed to catch him because of a combination of needing evidence and sheer narrative fiat. And then the FBI lady had him and only failed out of a lapse in judgement so major I want to call it PIS.
    It's one of the reasons I considered the live action Death Note movies (the ones produced in Japan, not the absolutely awful Netflix movie) superior to the anime and manga. In the live action movies, Light actually outsmarts the FBI lady legitimately and orchestrates events that gets everyone to immediately feel sorry for him and want him to join his father's task force. The only one to not be fooled by Light was L. The death of the FBI lady raised the stakes of the duel between the two, because it was someone L actually had respect for and he pretty much knew Light outsmarted her and killed her, but just couldn't prove it. It also meant that L knew he was dealing with someone as smart as him and the only way to win was to outsmart Light, which he eventually did.

The live action movies made both Light and L smarter than the manga and anime versions, and it's story shines for it.

Incredible Member

If there is anything I've learned about Gotham, death means, you are back in a few issues.

Death means nothing in this city with the lazerous pits and hugo strange around. Hell it might anger light as the death note does nothing.

besides, I thought you had to know the actual name of the person to use the death note? A lot of these rogues don't have names per say.

oh and light dies by tommy gun from scar face in a random act of violence, because gotham.

Astonishing Member

Honestly he could very well kill Batman just by writing 'Batman' in the Death Note, depending on how pyschotic this version of him is.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Honestly he could very well kill Batman just by writing 'Batman' in the Death Note, depending on how pyschotic this version of him is.
    Doesn't one have to know the real name of someone for the Death Note to work? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Doesn't one have to know the real name of someone for the Death Note to work? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Depends on whether or not DC is going with the "Batman is the real person" stuff or not this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member

so masks block the deathnote?