Default Light Yagami cleanses Gotham

Light Yagami moves to Gotham post-L death

He finds out about and Kills:

Victor Zsasz

Harley Quinn

The Scarecrow

Bane

Poison Ivy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Happens? Who does he get involved with?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Obligatory:

That matter aside, he's probably not going to do too well. Everyone's using secret identities and magic is a known fact of the setting, and vigilantes don't need to wait for evidence to beat him up and burn his book. That eliminates pretty much all of the advantages that kept Light uncaught. Honestly, I think the worst thing that can happen in this case, is the Death Note falling into the hands of any number of other characters around here.

Now imagining DCAU Clock King with the Death Note though.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-06-2019 at 12:51 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Light kills a good amount of Gotham villains if not all, except for the Joker (no one knows his real name). Batman notices that the villains are dying one after another and realizes pretty quickly that this involves the supernatural and goes to Zatanna or the Martian manhunter for help. Zatanna cooks up a spell to find him or J'onn scans the whole city to pinpoint him, after that, Light is pretty much done.

Light would try to kill Batman but would fail, since Light would need to see Batman face to face for his power to work. By "power" I mean the one where it allows the user of the book to know a strangers name.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Light kills a good amount of Gotham villains if not all, except for the Joker (no one knows his real name). Batman notices that the villains are dying one after another and realizes pretty quickly that this involves the supernatural and goes to Zatanna or the Martian manhunter for help. Zatanna cooks up a spell to find him or J'onn scans the whole city to pinpoint him, after that, Light is pretty much done.

Light would try to kill Batman but would fail, since Light would need to see Batman face to face for his power to work. By "power" I mean the one where it allows the user of the book to know a strangers name.
    He has his shinigami eyes.

Wasn't it just shinigami eyes that allowed that? I didn't think Light ever took that deal.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-06-2019 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Wasn't it just shinigami eyes that allowed that? I didn't think Light ever took that deal.
    I thought he did breifly, if he doesnt i apologize, definitely needs them to be a major threat.

I think Light did get shingami eyes where he sees people face and name.

That idol girl got the deal twice and she scouted for him, could not pin point L as in seeing him a multitude of names showed up.

Joker is only immune because there are three of them

And Light is going to get caught, book burned and in jail, though he will kill plenty of people before then.

Edit: I think the only reason Light killed L was hevtricked the death god in that girls book to attack L directly manipulating it into thinking L was hunting her too, death god did it and died so the girl lost book and got some life back. ( She like for two death notes or something.)

I think he’ll get a bunch of random prisoners out of the gate, and then anyone with a decent online information network will track him down. I mean let’s not forget that Light is kind of a dingus and absolutely isn’t going to miss an opportunity to taunt Batman. L pretty much had him very early on and only failed to catch him because of a combination of needing evidence and sheer narrative fiat. And then the FBI lady had him and only failed out of a lapse in judgement so major I want to call it PIS.

Incredible Member

Joker will go out of his way to find Light and the source of his power (the Death Note). As soon as all the criminals and psychos in the town start dropping Joker will burn out half the city to find Light. If Batman doesn't get to him first, the Joker will. Either way, Light is screwed as soon as he starts poking around in Gotham.

Yeah, I've been googling, and I'm not seeing any version of the story where Light got Shinigami Eyes. Can someone say when/how it happened if it did?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

naw. he never got the eyes. his ego wouldn't let him cut his own life in half.

i think i remember them saying that if you make a deal with the eyes, another person who has the eyes won't be able to see that person's lifespan. i remember light's father making a deal for them in the anime and commenting that light couldn't be kira since he could see his lifespan.

also, i don't think light can deal with the psychos that work in gotham. someone like riddler could find him easily. and as far as i can recall, edward nygma isn't the riddler's real name. unless that's changed in the last two reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzlo304 View Post
    Light Yagami moves to Gotham post-L death

He finds out about and Kills:

Poison Ivy
    Thinking about it, does Ivy still count as a human?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I think he’ll get a bunch of random prisoners out of the gate, and then anyone with a decent online information network will track him down. I mean let’s not forget that Light is kind of a dingus and absolutely isn’t going to miss an opportunity to taunt Batman. L pretty much had him very early on and only failed to catch him because of a combination of needing evidence and sheer narrative fiat. And then the FBI lady had him and only failed out of a lapse in judgement so major I want to call it PIS.
    oh god help him if he kills a single member of the GCPD.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Thinking about it, does Ivy still count as a human?
    technically, pam is classified as a meta-human.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    oh god help him if he kills a single member of the GCPD.
    How's that different from a normal day in Gotham?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.