View Poll Results: Which are you enjoying more? Doomsday Clock or Heroes in Crisis?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doomsday Clock

84 77.78%
  • Heroes in Crisis

15 13.89%
  • Enjoying both equally

9 8.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Which are you enjoying more? Doomsday Clock or Heroes in Crisis? (30 day poll)

Which limited series are you enjoying more? Doomsday Clock or Heroes in Crisis?

Very different stories, one is farther along obviously, but with all the delays with Clock maybe HIC will catch up? haha.

30 day poll, might do another one later in the year.

Always Rakzo

Doomsday Clock. No contest.

I mean, is literally comparing the best DC book to the worst.

(Is this a joke thread?).

Nope, not a joke thread, actually interested in how folks think about it.

Doomsday Clock easily. Its biggest flaw is being late. Heroes in Crisis is that it exists.

I'm not reading either one, but if I were to vote, it would be the one NOT written by King.

There are very few complaints about the actual content of DClock. The bitching deals with its lateness and decreasing impact level. HiC is slower than molasses. Even taking into account how the one page segments with multiple characters are a great way to bring incidents and personalities into the story without actually needing to fit them into scenes, the story meanders through a mystery where very unlikely events occur. We see characters either dramatically over or under-performing. And the psychological content is nowhere near what i thought it would be.

But both books are very pretty. BTW, I voted DClock and i an reading both.

Doomsday Clock, no question.

The only knock I have against it, are the delays.

HiC is literally just shock value, and somehow allowing a questionably sane clown girl to get the better of 3 veteran heroes. Two of which are among the strongest and fastest on the planet.

Astonishing Member

There should be an option for disliking both.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

While I'm enjoying them both, I'm liking Doomsday Clock a lot more. I think when both are over, Doomsday Clock will have a much bigger and lasting effect on the DCU.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Fantastic Member

Doomsday Clock's biggest problem is the delays. Otherwise it's probably the best thing DC is currently putting out, and has put out for ages. It's well crafted, has excellent character development, believable relationships, in particular the romance between Mime and Marionette (who's sex scene was the best done since Son of the Demon), and best of all: the joke about how the Joker tends to show up at events with a captive dressed like Batman.

It keeps villains villains, none of this "Oh, they're pretty and white, so they're just misguided and can be redeemed" BS that had DC's equivalent of Aileen Wuornos and her spee killer girlfriend going to a hero mental health facility because they're friends with Batman's fiancée.

A slight digression, but I do think it was fantastically clever casting to have Uma Thurman play Poison Ivy and Wuornos since if we didn't know better it would have been easy to assume that the Poison Ivy, particularly her relationship with Harley, was based on America's best known female serial killer.

Anyhow, Doomsday Clock is good. A pity that it keeps getting delayed.

Incredible Member

Well there's one which I dropped after issue 2 in disgust and the other is awesome and the delays are worth it (in case its not clear, I voted DOOMSDAY CLOCK!)

Mighty Member

I'm enjoying both equally without a damn in the world.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I'm enjoying both equally without a damn in the world.
    Me too. Just happy to have two books so great publishing at once.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Doomsday Clock hands down.
    While the delays are a pain the arse, it's still been a good read.
    When all is said and done I look forward to reading it all again in one solid hit.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I voted for "enjoying both equally", but just to clarify in my case it means "finding both equally terrible and not believing they married the status quo of the line to these aberrations"
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!