Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh, certain concessions have to be made to be combat ready, in all fairness.
    they really don't, though. James Rhodes is facing the same restriction in the movie verse. Silhouette isn't Barbara Gordon. she's not an oracle of anything. she's a street fighter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they really don't, though. James Rhodes is facing the same restriction in the movie verse. Silhouette isn't Barbara Gordon. she's not an oracle of anything. she's a street fighter.
    Rhodes wears armor, there's a difference.

And disability isn't an all or nothing thing. Plenty of people who use wheel chairs, for instance, can still walk. It's just often too painful to do long term.

Sil is fine as is.

Rhodes wears armor, there's a difference.
    so you haven't seen Sil's new suit then, huh?

And disability isn't an all or nothing thing. Plenty of people who use wheel chairs, for instance, can still walk.
    so then how about letting Sil walk some of the time?

Sil is fine as is.
    she could be better

Dwayne got to punch Baron Zemo in the face. but that was the highlight of his activity in the latest issue of 'Punisher.' mostly, the writer seems interested in dissing him. but at least he's drawn well. i'm still angry that Dwayne didn't get the Mayhew treatment that Vance, Robbie, Angel, and Rich got.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-05-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Wow, that art is brilliant! What's it from?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wow, that art is brilliant! What's it from?
    pretty sure that it was 'I Am An Avenger' issue 2.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Dwayne got to punch Baron Zemo in the face. but that was the highlight of his activity in the latest issue of 'Punisher.' mostly, the writer seems interested in dissing him. but at least he's drawn well. i'm still angry that Dwayne didn't get the Mayhew treatment that Vance, Robbie, Angel, and Rich got.

Really? That's a shame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Dwayne got to punch Baron Zemo in the face. but that was the highlight of his activity in the latest issue of 'Punisher.' mostly, the writer seems interested in dissing him. but at least he's drawn well.
    At least he didn't kill him. That counts as a win with this writer.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    At least he didn't kill him. That counts as a win with this writer.
    true. him still breathing is better. i just don't get how his rep in-universe is worse than Moon Knight or female-Punisher-who-i've-only-now-heard-of. and i guess that Castle is pretty dismissive of other heroes. but Dwayne surprised him in their first encounter. first impressions should count. and, if Frank were as functional as Dwayne, he would still have his War Machine armor.

To me, Dwayne was not as close to Vance, Rich and Robbie as they were together.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    To me, Dwayne was not as close to Vance, Rich and Robbie as they were together.
    looked at another way, they wouldn't even know each other if not for Dwayne. my overall point was that i wanted Mike Mayhew to render him.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Regardless, the overarching narrative with those two (and Jimmy Woo) is a good one; they're trying to solve a mystery and unravel a conspiracy that goes all the way back to the creation of the original Human Torch, which is the most I can say without spoiling the whole thing.
    Hell, yeah! Thrash putting those detective skills to work. Good times, indeed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hell, yeah! Thrash putting those detective skills to work. Good times, indeed.
    Definitely. I wonder if this will be picked up or continued in Marvel Comics 1001.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

true. him still breathing is better. i just don't get how his rep in-universe is worse than Moon Knight or female-Punisher-who-i've-only-now-heard-of. and i guess that Castle is pretty dismissive of other heroes. but Dwayne surprised him in their first encounter. first impressions should count. and, if Frank were as functional as Dwayne, he would still have his War Machine armor.

Yeah, that fight was bad ass.

I miss writers actually having some give and take in their fights. Punisher caught a whupping, but dished out some pain too.

As a bad ass, I've always found Dwayne more convincing than Midnighter, because Dwayne actually worked for his victories

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Definitely. I wonder if this will be picked up or continued in Marvel Comics 1001.
    IKR, I can't wait.