Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    I would love to see Dwayne featured in a solo series focusing on him working out Baltimore and trying to pick up the pieces of his shattered life.
    i'd be for it. but books like that usually don't do well because of lack of interesting villains. if they dusted off some underused supervillain and moved them to the area, i'd 100% back that play. not sure who fits the bill, though. i just think it's hard to sell a book about a street level hero on the hero alone. i probably would have dropped that Maleev Moon Knight title if Mister Hyde hadn't been in the first issue (with Count Nefaria waiting in the wings).

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Said it before, I'll say it again, I've always had a soft spot for Dwayne. Remember him back during the "Round Robin" storyline back in Amazing Spider-Man:

I was a total sucker for anyone doing martial arts anything back in the day and Night Thrasher looked so cool doing it.
    Round Robin was good (if a bit dated, now). i picked up the entire run from the 50 cent bins at my LCS. i wonder if something like that would work again. there aren't many sidekicks anymore. Midnight had a decent showing as a cyborg in Moon Knight's book.

As happy as I am that Nightthrasher was resurrected, a part of me wishes they waited until someone had a story for him before doing that. It's sort of sad to see a character return to life, only to get left in limbo.

He's a fun character, with a lot of unique elements to him. Hopefully he's used somewhere. Hell, just bring back the freaking New Warriors. None of them are doing a whole lot these days anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As happy as I am that Nightthrasher was resurrected, a part of me wishes they waited until someone had a story for him before doing that. It's sort of sad to see a character return to life, only to get left in limbo.

He's a fun character, with a lot of unique elements to him. Hopefully he's used somewhere. Hell, just bring back the freaking New Warriors. None of them are doing a whole lot these days anyways.
    well Nova's a raptor or something, right? his absence puts a sizable hole in any potential Warriors lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    weird. I don't even remember that aspect of it. is there an issue in particular where this is highlighted? Dwayne could be, generally, abrasive (he blackmailed Firestar into joining). but I guess that I always associated the beserker rages with Rage. i think my favorite stuff (because it was where i was first exposed to the characters) was the Child's Play crossover with X-Force. it was a lot of fun to see them go head-to-head with Cable's soldiers. and Dwayne hanging out at the Hellfire Club was pretty cool, as well.
    I really enjoyed the rivalry and friendship between the Warriors and with X-Force.

well Nova's a raptor or something, right? his absence puts a sizable hole in any potential Warriors lineup.
    That's his brother, Robbie, aka Talonar. Rich is active as Nova.

The problem isn't Richard, it's the others. Justice must currently be in hiding, due to events in Uncanny X-Men. Firestar is gone, due to Uncanny X-Men Disassembled. Namorita was brought back from the dead via time displacement during DnA Nova, and has rarely appeared since, though she did appear in Fantastic Four recently. Since she came from before the 2005 New Warriors series though, there's a clear plothole there. After all, the events of Civil War One don't appear to have changed at all, and Namorita's absence would mean that Nitro never blew himself up. The team would need to be built around Thrash, Nova, and Speedball. Namorita needs a LOT of exposition, and no mutants will be available until Age of X-Man ends at least.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-07-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

I would love to see Dwayne featured in a solo series focusing on him working out Baltimore and trying to pick up the pieces of his shattered life. His team, company, and resources gone. Would be cool to see how he would adapt to his new environment without the backing of the friends and money he originally had during his run with the New Warriors. Might be interesting to see him become more of a hacktivist considering his skill set, with the series expanding on him making use of his talents as a weapon designer and computer literacy. Transition him away from some of the more 90's tropes Marvel has bogged him down in and shift him towards more of a Watch_Dog's 2 vibe.

If Marvel isn't going to use Night Thrasher in an urban, cyberpunk setting though then why not just go on and make him the cosmic equivalent of Iron Man? Might be cool to see him placed in a (credible) situation that takes him off planet and see him adapt to being behind the technological curve even more-so than he would be on earth with characters like Tony and Peter. Marvel already has a habit of taking planetside characters like Venom (Flash), Kitty Pryde, Jack Flagg, Tony Stark, Scott Lang, Angela, etc. and transferring them into the cosmic scene with no real rhyme or reason, at least this way it could make for an interesting attempt to actually salvage a character for a change oppose to just needlessly shoehorning someone onto a team just to bolster ratings.
    its weird how so many people think its "interesting" to see black characters stripped of their special abilities and /or any wealth they may have.

weird. I don't even remember that aspect of it. is there an issue in particular where this is highlighted? Dwayne could be, generally, abrasive (he blackmailed Firestar into joining). but I guess that I always associated the beserker rages with Rage. i think my favorite stuff (because it was where i was first exposed to the characters) was the Child's Play crossover with X-Force. it was a lot of fun to see them go head-to-head with Cable's soldiers. and Dwayne hanging out at the Hellfire Club was pretty cool, as well.
    If I'm correct, the first time this was brought up was in Thor #412.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed, Thrash has had several distinctive looks throughout the years. My favorite is from Four Control. Too bad this look was so transitory.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG][/ATTACH]
    I still prefer his original suit. The Four Control seemed to be a little too 'Iron Man' for me. I don't even remember the details it's been so long, bu the armor started having it's own powers. The characters started out as a batman-esque highly trained martial artist and street fighter... but in that series it seemed to make the armor a bit too much of the character for my tastes. It took away from the coolness of Dwayne and made it the coolness of the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I still prefer his original suit. The Four Control seemed to be a little too 'Iron Man' for me. I don't even remember the details it's been so long, bu the armor started having it's own powers. The characters started out as a batman-esque highly trained martial artist and street fighter... but in that series it seemed to make the armor a bit too much of the character for my tastes. It took away from the coolness of Dwayne and made it the coolness of the armor.
    Good point. I'm also a fan of the original suit. It's just that I prefer the "Four Control" armor over what came after. Wasn't a fan of the armor with the exposed headgear/helmet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    its weird how so many people think its "interesting" to see black characters stripped of their special abilities and /or any wealth they may have.
    It's less about it being interesting and more to do with given his apparent "death" and absence from the Marvel universe for so many years the likelihood of Dwayne still having a company, let alone the wealth and resources that come with it, would be virtually nonexistent. And that's not including the stigma he'd get for his role in the Stamford incident and being associated with the New Warriors, any money he might actually have left would probably go to paying off any number of outstanding lawsuits people would pursue against him.

Rationalizing aside I think it would be more interesting to see him have to work his way from the ground up because at the end of the day I REALLY LIKE THE CONCEPTS I PITCHED!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good point. I'm also a fan of the original suit. It's just that I prefer the "Four Control" armor over what came after. Wasn't a fan of the armor with the exposed headgear/helmet.
    Oh, that I'll agree with. It seems like Thrash has gone steadily downhill in costumes. I prefer the Four Control armor to the trenchcoat 'thing'... but the original 'armored ninja' look was perfect.

Ultimate Member

It's less about it being interesting and more to do with given his apparent "death" and absence from the Marvel universe for so many years the likelihood of Dwayne still having a company, let alone the wealth and resources that come with it, would be virtually nonexistent. And that's not including the stigma he'd get for his role in the Stamford incident and being associated with the New Warriors, any money he might actually have left would probably go to paying off any number of outstanding lawsuits people would pursue against him.

Rationalizing aside I think it would be more interesting to see him have to work his way from the ground up because at the end of the day I REALLY LIKE THE CONCEPTS I PITCHED!
    Eh, the Foundation should be fine. Bandit ran it during the New Warriors series, and during Avengers Resistance. Granted, Norman did seize it for a while but after Dark Reign it went back to Dwayne's estate, I imagine.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Old School New Warriors reader here! I love the slick redesign in the opening post!

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

"WORK for it Dwayne, Iron Crosses for 10 mins don't impress me anymore" - Andrew Chord

I immediately set out to do that move in real life it took me till jr. year of high school to do it for 10 seconds. Jeez.

Night Thrasher and really the new warriors in general was just a superlative character set. I miss them. I hated everything that happened with them after a certain point, but I realize it now it was when I picked up the book and dwayne wasn't there,
    then civil war... just... such disrespect.

I never understood what people saw in the Teen Titans. No really I know people loved it but to me when I was a kid I felt like ... why read about The legion of copycat sidekicks?

Seeing the New warriors miss that trope have their own thing separate from the avengers? I loved that.

Dwayne though was so special. I knew he was from the moment he told Richard Nova... "I didn't"
    Saying he didn't know dropping him off that building would turn his powers back on.

Midnight's Fire... Silouette... the Folding circle. . . he was really developed character, and ... You know I begrudge the fact that he's not a bigger character in the universe.

All he has to do is upgrade the armor and start riding on a goblin glider st lye thing (So he can still "thrash" even when skateboarding isn't at thing he still can be)
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.