Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Well... I'm 290 now not 171, I wish back in 97 everyone had phones like they do today, but its amazing what kids can do when they bout that life.
    So yeah I was seriously inspired as a kid by Night thrasher, I wish he was more prominent.
    Brutally honest here, since marvel said "Commitment to Diversity" I'd thought they'd bring him back to the forefront... instead Miles Morales. Smh ffs.

Huh... Alliteration?
    He's just grandfathered in and no one questions it.

The fact that he's a "COSMIC" entity is another reason you expect to see aliens doing all kinds of weird ****, and it isn't particularly narrative breaking.

Meanwhile...
    A guy skateboarding down the side of a building then performing martial arts wonders on you... definitely elicits the (>_>) w...t..h.. response.
    As a kid I was squinting at that situation pretty hard I guess.

Thats why I mentioned just replacing it with a Goblin Glider type apparatus, blacked out B2futures style hover board or a williams x-jet looking thing. I think the last person with one I saw was the executioner in thunderbolts... or moonknight?
    But... ultimately flying is more legit to the super hero aestetic that most other means of transformation (Batmobile being the notable exception that proves the rule".
    Hover disc would be my preference

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Nobody mocks Silver Surfer? Part of the reason that character can't transition into modern comics is that character is stuck with that gimmick.There is no reason to mock character who is never coming out of guest star limbo again.

Thankful for Night Thrasher that his name can been seen "Thrasher" as in beat the crap out of something and skateboarding does not have to play a part. Night thrasher costume has really cool elements

Too bad that's Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Too bad that's Tony Stark
    Good thing I was talking about the costume

Mighty Member

"Night thrasher' is apparently British slang for someone who masturbates . I have seen British magazines and comic indexes mock him for this. Outlaw, the British Punisher, seemed amused by his name as well. He seems caught in the "Richard Ryder" innuendo trap. Maybe Thrash might be a better name for him.

Would love 'thrash in the MCU. The Wakandan centre could help out folks like Rage, thrash, Riri and others...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    "Night thrasher' is apparently British slang for someone who masturbates . I have seen British magazines and comic indexes mock him for this. Outlaw, the British Punisher, seemed amused by his name as well. He seems caught in the "Richard Ryder" innuendo trap. Maybe Thrash might be a better name for him.

Would love 'thrash in the MCU. The Wakandan centre could help out folks like Rage, thrash, Riri and others...
    And Speedball is slang for a drug, who cares?

This is the U!S!A!

And we don't give up on Thrasher!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post

If it is British slag, it's a very little used slang.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Good thing I was talking about the costume
    it wasn't a criticism. i'm legitimately disappointed that it wasn't Dwayne and just Tony wearing some kind of faux-Night Thrasher costume (as if it that makes sense).

not my #1 priority. but, if I had a time machine, i'd probably suggest to Fabian Nicieza that he not handicap half of his New Warriors roster by giving them really stupid names. if they had saved 'Nightwatch' for Dwayne, he'd probably be an Avenger by now. don't get me started on Speedball or the toxic av...er, I mean Rage. yeah, the angry black kid named 'Rage.' that will age well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    And Speedball is slang for a drug, who cares?
    Joe Quesada and Brian Michael Bendis, apparently. one might argue that Robbie would never have become Penance if not for that aspect of his moniker. right or wrong, I can easily imagine the conversation about it. Bendis: Speedball? durrr, does he have drug powers? when can I kill him?" Quesada: "yeah it's a crappy name. but he has fans. it's weird. maybe don't kill him. you can poke fun at him in Alias. but we also sort of need a sacrificial lamb for Civil War."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    If it is British slag, it's a very little used slang.
    Right? I mean I know I haven't seen it EVER.

Ultimate Member

not my #1 priority. but, if I had a time machine, i'd probably suggest to Fabian Nicieza that he not handicap half of his New Warriors roster by giving them really stupid names. if they had saved 'Nightwatch' for Dwayne, he'd probably be an Avenger by now. don't get me started on Speedball or the toxic av...er, I mean Rage. yeah, the angry black kid named 'Rage.' that will age well.
    Fabian didn't create or name Rage, well, Rage, that was the Avengers writer. He simply took Edwin in when the Avengers writer wanted to toss him. Speedball was named by Steve Ditko, IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Fabian didn't create or name Rage, well, Rage, that was the Avengers writer. He simply took Edwin in when the Avengers writer wanted to toss him. Speedball was named by Steve Ditko, IIRC
    yeah well both names suck. no idea who Edwin is. were you trying to write Elvin?

Edwin is Jarvis's first name, lol. But yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a typo.

New Warriors villain Midnight's Fire appeared in Ironheart #3.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

interesting. thanks for the heads up!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

interesting. thanks for the heads up!
    He was certainly an unexpected treat in that issue. Wait a second . . . if Midnight's Fire is in there, how long until Night Thrasher comes around recruiting for a "new" New Warriors?
    The spider is always on the hunt.